Neil's Cymbals - Sabian Cymbals

Thunder Bay Rush

Big move coming up for 'ol TBR. I'm selling my house (the one I just goddam well built!) and I'm moving to New Brunswick. I'm buying 200 acres and building a house about 20 miles from Meductic, NB, which is where the Sabian Cymbal factory is. So, I'll keep a look-out for a red BMW motorcycle pulling up to the back doors.

When I see Neil, I'll invite him over for salmon, wild rice and The McCallan. And, when he sits down to eat, ALL of you come running into the house yelling "We LOVE Neil" ... then you all start telling him how great he is... he'd love that!

Maybe I'll get a job there as Neil's rep...

(I swear to God, Limelight just came on 105.3, the Giant, Thunder Bay... too weird, eh?)

Something tells me he won't like that (the people jumping out at him). He's the member of the band that shies away from publicity, Alex and Geddy usually take care of that stuff.

Hmmm.....I hadn't noticed that before but I think you're right. Maybe he has a little phobia or something.

Actually, we're all wrong about Neil and his tendency to avoid his fans. I just got off the phone with him and he has approved the following, for when we get together at my house for salmon cakes and The McCallan:

No more than 100 "hard-cores" in my house at one time -

No more than 10 signatures and 10 photos per fan -

Fans may only use the term "Drum God" twice during the meeting -

BONUS: There will be a random draw (no purchase necessary) to accompany him on his next motorcycle trip and - get this - the luck winner gets to ride on the back of his BMW... telling him how great he is the whole way.

So, he's more open to fan appreciation than we first thought!