Live archive releases!

zepptrap

How do we get Rush to release some live archive material? They should start with the two shows that are represented on the deluxe 2112 remaster. I can't believe how amazing those songs sound and not many of us on this board talk about them! The moving pictures tour overture/temples sounds better than exit stage left. I listened to them and it just leaves me wanting more...you know they have the whole show! Sorry for the rant...what does everybody think?

I read in an interview somewhere that Geddy said that alot of the band's older material on tape did not sound that great and there was not much that he found that was worth putting out to the fan base.
  • Like 1

I think Mercury (or whoever owns or bought out Mercury) has more in their vaults than the band does in theirs

I think that is why we got the inclusion of Overture and Temples on the deluxe 2112

I don't think Rush would have ever released that.

I think since Mercury? owns classic Rush, they have quite a bit of stuff

And don't forget the spirit of radio from Europe 1980 that was released on a video game

The tapes(2 tours) for ESL exist in the archives at whatever is now Mercury

Just my thought

judging by what I remember from a couple interviews, it seems tome that Geddy has a vast library of recordings and video stuff. He has talked about making his brother go thru stuff, and it was Ged that pulled the 3rd disc of different stages out of his "vault"
  • Like 1

judging by what I remember from a couple interviews, it seems tome that Geddy has a vast library of recordings and video stuff. He has talked about making his brother go thru stuff, and it was Ged that pulled the 3rd disc of different stages out of his "vault"

Maybe since they're taking this time off they'll have time to do that.

• Like 2

And if that third disc of Different Stages is but one example of what Geddy has in his archives, then holy crap! I think it's safe to say that he probably has quite a few other treasures that would leave me drooling for more, more, more...

That is the bands retirement fund. Why would they release everything now?

So they could receive the money for it while the band is still very popular, and then invest that money so it grows as they enter retirement?

• Like 1

Rush, in my opinion, has a very good track record of giving fans what they want. This seems to be one of the few areas that I wish we had "more". I would be happy with a single or double live cd of live tracks that have never been made available in the CD/DVD format. If you think about it, there really hasn't been THAT much. Some live songs that come to mind that have never had live versions released:

Countdown

War Paint

Cold Fire

Double Agent

Scars

Probably only a handful more than that....

Clem

I'm still wondering what happened to the 1997 Toronto shows. They filmed both nights and I've never heard a word about a release.

I remember Ged saying something along the lines of this when the different stages disc 3 came out, that some of things that bothered him about his voice that show dont seem to bother him so much anymore. Maybe that will happen with other stuff. But as a guy who records live video shows, sometimes shit didnt come out right and you have to just bury it

I'm still wondering what happened to the 1997 Toronto shows. They filmed both nights and I've never heard a word about a release.

Nope, they filmed only the first night as far as I recalled in an interview. Here's some more info courtesy of the guys at 2112.net

"The first Toronto show of the Test for Echo tour was filmed with intentions of releasing it as a live DVD; those plans were shelved as problems with the sound recording would have cost Rush $150,000 just to sync up another recording with the video, not to mention the enourmous time involved: "...we have other things in the vault as well, such as a concert that we recorded on theTest For Echo tour, with which we weren't satisfied at the time, but that's been replaced by its historical value." - Geddy Lee, Aardschok Magazine, March 2006"

Nope, they filmed only the first night as far as I recalled in an interview. Here's some more info courtesy of the guys at 2112.net

"The first Toronto show of the Test for Echo tour was filmed with intentions of releasing it as a live DVD; those plans were shelved as problems with the sound recording would have cost Rush $150,000 just to sync up another recording with the video, not to mention the enourmous time involved: "...we have other things in the vault as well, such as a concert that we recorded on theTest For Echo tour, with which we weren't satisfied at the time, but that's been replaced by its historical value." - Geddy Lee, Aardschok Magazine, March 2006"

Well, let him know I would do the work for much cheaper...heh