treeduck

Which post-DT band is the best for Mike Portnoy?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which post-DT band is the best for Mike Portnoy?

• Flying Colors
    • Adrenaline Mob
    • The Winery Dogs
    • Portnoy, Sheehan, MacAlpine and Sherinian

Maybe it´s a bit too soon to vote because all those projects have only one album out. PSMS doesn´t even have its own material yet, the guys are still discussing what to do about this project. But judging by the debut albums, I gotta say that while I liked Flying Colors a lot, I LOVE The Winery Dogs. I´m actually revisiting the album right now, and it sounds better at every listen!

Winery Dogs by a hair over Flying Colors.

Actually like Transatlantic the best but you said post DT.

:hail:

That's correct, Transatlantic and all those other bands were created when he was in DT and the idea was just rec time between DT stuff. Now it's his fokkin career!

Flying Colors by a country mile.

It's not even close.

I agree with this, Flying Colors is by far his best project post-DT.

The Winery Dogs is just average blues rock played by a former member of the neo-classical Shrapnel records crew. Guys like that can't really play blues in my opinion, and their blues rock is stale. The exceptions would be Greg Howe and Marty Friedman.

I've only listened to a few songs from The Winery Dogs' debut and they were good but very average. Adrenaline Mob sucked, and I haven't bothered with PSMS as they don't have any original material. I really liked Flying Colors debut, so I'll go with them, but I haven't listened to that album in almost a year. All in all, Portnoy's recent output hasn't really done much for me.

I saw AMob live and the were great, but I must admit their debut cold have been better. There are two great songs IMO, Believe Me and All on the LIne, but all the rest is more of the same. Their covers EP was great though, I love their version of Kill the King.

Where's the No Such Thing button?

Sorry, had to troll!