The Criticism of Grace Under Pressure to Hold Your Fire...

agubrizbassman

Personally, after signals, everyone was really amped for grace because music at the time was very heavy. It was only anticipatory that rush would follow suit along the likes of scorpions priest ozzy maiden acdc van halen...but then we got grace...it was one to chew on for sure...not heavy...different. i was disapponted but they were still my band...when power windows came out I think they found a groove and certainly a balance of instruments. I was very excited for the big money and it was justly celebrated on the radio as the number one song for weeks in Massachusetts. The tour was fun for everyone. HYF was ok but TSS was a gem. That tour revealed how the live versions translated better than vinyl. That tour I was like is Alex getting fat? Funny how they weren't into it but to me watching them pull it off live got me chirping pretty loud...

Personally, after signals, everyone was really amped for grace because music at the time was very heavy. It was only anticipatory that rush would follow suit along the likes of scorpions priest ozzy maiden acdc van halen...but then we got grace...it was one to chew on for sure...not heavy...different. i was disapponted but they were still my band...when power windows came out I think they found a groove and certainly a balance of instruments. I was very excited for the big money and it was justly celebrated on the radio as the number one song for weeks in Massachusetts. The tour was fun for everyone. HYF was ok but TSS was a gem. That tour revealed how the live versions translated better than vinyl. That tour I was like is Alex getting fat? Funny how they weren't into it but to me watching them pull it off live got me chirping pretty loud...

GUP sounds a little too much like the Police sound-wise. I didn't realize until all these years later when I started getting more into the Police and hearing the similarities.

GUP sounds a little too much like the Police sound-wise. I didn't realize until all these years later when I started getting more into the Police and hearing the similarities.

I'm hip!

Edited by daveyt
  • Like 1