Are there any more tracks from the ATWAS performance?

GeminiRising79

Those two recorded nights in Massey.. Somebody has to have the remaining songs, I would think. I'd pay a premium to have them. I wish Rush kept archived, previously unreleased material that we could pay for on their site. The cuts that didn't make it can't be too shabby... The guys certainly were on fire on those nights. Anyone know the whereabouts of the original tapes? Edited by GeminiRising79
  • Like 2

Those two recorded nights in Massey.. Somebody has to have the remaining songs, I would think. I'd pay a premium to have them. I wish Rush kept archived, previously unreleased material that we could pay for on their site. The cuts that didn't make it can't be too shabby... The guys certainly were on fire on those nights. Anyone know the whereabouts of the original tapes?

You're right they were on fire...almost as good as ESL recordings!

I have them... :)

I have your IP #, brb on my way there

I wish there was an ATWAS II (the lost recording's). I would stand in line for that one for a while. Cash grab or no.... :)
  • Like 4

Did the band ever alluded to the fact that there were songs from those Massey Hall shows that didn't make it onto the album? Cause if they did, then I'd be really interested in knowing if they played The Necromancer, I'm Going Bald, and/or The Fountain of Lamneth at either show.

ATWAS (2112 tour) was recorded over 3 nights at Massey Hall (I was there for 2 of them).

To be honest I can't remember ANY songs played that did not make it on the albums.

As to the above mentioned COS material, it was NOT played during the ATWAS (2112) shows but a truncated mashed up version of Necromancer / Fountain was played during the previous "Down The Tubes Tour". (also at Massey Hall)

Hope This Helps

Take Care

• Like 1

ATWAS (2112 tour) was recorded over 3 nights at Massey Hall (I was there for 2 of them).

To be honest I can't remember ANY songs played that did not make it on the albums.

As to the above mentioned COS material, it was NOT played during the ATWAS (2112) shows but a truncated mashed up version of Necromancer / Fountain was played during the previous "Down The Tubes Tour". (also at Massey Hall)

Hope This Helps

Take Care

Thanks so much, Hear Again. I appreciate it very much. Nonetheless, I still hope the original recordings are still made available one day. TC..

I believe the guys have acknowledged that they do have a lot of concert-recorded tracks sitting around gathering dust. I think a big problem at this point in releasing any of that stuff would be who has claims to it all?

I could see Mercury Records running up with their hands out wanting hard cash because "Rush was under contract at the time of the recording."

Still, I would love to hear what unreleased live stuff exists. And I do mean "hear"!

• Like 1

Hope This Helps

Take Care

Thanks so much, Hear Again. I appreciate it very much. Nonetheless, I still hope the original recordings are still made available one day. TC..

It helps but hurts a little at the same time..... :(

Hope This Helps

Take Care

You were there?!

You are one lucky summitch! :sundog:

• Like 1

Hope This Helps

Take Care

It helps but hurts a little at the same time..... :(

The part that hurts is realizing how freekin' long ago that was!

Take Care

Considering the fact that my wife and i won the Lotto 649 (Canada, Ontario), I will see if i can find them!. I will pay a huge sum of cash for these. :rush:

Sweet! How much you guys score?

19 million, totally surreal

Holy smokes! You're richer than Geddy Lee!

I don't look at it that way, My wife and I got rea;;y lucky, whereas Geddy worked extremely hard over the last 40 years. My wife and I will be forever grateful to Alex, Geddy and Neil, for a lifetime of wonderful music. Thank you :rush: