Perfect album sides?

Rutlefan

Shoegaze thread reminded me of side 2 of House of Love's Babe Rainbow (not really shoegaze, but sometimes grouped with bands that are). Every side 2 track is strong with two singles starting the side, the first one being:

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

Not to mention, side one of "Making Movies", with "Tunnel of Love", Romeo and Juliet" and "Skateaway".

A bit weird but my absolute Dire Straits fave is Communiqué, side 1 - along with all the long tracks on "Alchemy".

Some poster before mentioned Side 1 of "Octopus" by Gentle giant - what aforgotten gem!!! Must dig it out of my vinyl vaults at once.

Another suggestion: Side 2 of "Jailbreak" by Thin Lizzy (Side 1 being stellar, either - though I don't like the title track too much); same with side 1 "Led Zeppelin 4".

And side one of GUP, MP, Signals and PW, of course

I don't know if this is been mentioned but I think one perfect side would be Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road side one. The entire album is one of my favorites of all time but side one is pretty perfect.

I don't know if this is been mentioned but I think one perfect side would be Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road side one. The entire album is one of my favorites of all time but side one is pretty perfect.

Yeah. I don't think I listed it, but I had considered it for the "Best Three Song Opening" thread, but as I considered Funeral for a Friend and Love Lies Bleeding two songs, I didn't include it. Perfect side though, you nailed it.

I remember buying this album as a fifth or sixth grader. Two high school girls were behind me in the checkout line. They commented to me that I had good taste in music. As a fifth grader, having high school girls say something non-condescending to me was like being hit on by Selma Hayek during her snake dancing vampire years. Good times.

• Like 2

Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed - entire album (the original "flows from first note to last" rock album)

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark - side 1

ELO - A New World Record - side 1

Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell - side 1

CCR - Cosmo's Factory - side 2

Beatles - Rubber Soul - side 1

Beatles - Revolver (all)

Al Stewart - Year of the Cat - side 2

and just for fun:

Zebra - 3.V - side 1

Agree on Days Future Passed...also I do prefer side 2 most, Revolver..a most overlooked album IMHO. I would add Clockwork Angels (though I don't always listen to Halo effect ;) ) Grace Under Pressure, Vapor Trails are fabulous too. Then just to be quirky, Storytelling by Jean Luc-Ponty...best cd to drive to... :heart:

Revolver is perfect, from start to finish. Love You To needs a special mention. Two absolutely perfect sides!

Yeah. I don't think I listed it, but I had considered it for the "Best Three Song Opening" thread, but as I considered Funeral for a Friend and Love Lies Bleeding two songs, I didn't include it. Perfect side though, you nailed it.

I remember buying this album as a fifth or sixth grader. Two high school girls were behind me in the checkout line. They commented to me that I had good taste in music. As a fifth grader, having high school girls say something non-condescending to me was like being hit on by Selma Hayek during her snake dancing vampire years. Good times.

Selma Hayek is still mega hot. 30 Rock was a prime example of how bodacious and mega boom boom boom HIIII!! she can still be...

Revolver is perfect, from start to finish. Love You To needs a special mention. Two absolutely perfect sides!

There's people standing round

Who screw you in the ground

They'll fill you in with all the things you see...

Totally agree with the Love Over Gold mention. Telegraph Road is an absolute masterpiece. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road side 1 is a great pick too.

I would add Big Brother and the Holding Company-Cheap Thrills side 1, Black Sabbath-Sabotage side 1, BOC-Secret Treaties side 2 and yeah side 1 is also amazing. Cheap Trick - Dream Police side 1. Judas Priest - Stained Class side 1 and side 2 is near perfect. Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind side 1, Iron Maiden side 1, Number of the Beast side 1.

Thick as a Brick Both Sides

Close to the Edge Side 1

Meddle Side 2 (previously mentioned)

Dark Side of the Moon Both Sides (the most perfect album ever created)

Animals Side 2 (previously mentioned)

Minstrel in the Gallery Side 2

Songs from the Wood Side 1

Stormwatch Both Sides

Heavy Horses Side 2

Physical Graffiti Side 2

Led Zeppelin Side 1

LZ III Side 1

LZ IV Both Sides

Presence Side 1

The Yes Album Both Sides

Lacuna Coil- Karmacode both sides.

my favourite album of all time. Has to be on this list

A bit weird but my absolute Dire Straits fave is Communiqué, side 1

Listening right now. Thanks for the tip. BTW, "Once upon a time..." is stellar on Alchemy.
  • Like 1

Found another one to add

Animal Collective-Merriweather Post Pavilion (Sides 1,2 and 4 (3 is so close, and maybe my opinion will change soon)