Rush lyrics you can't stop mishearing

gudbuytjane

How many times do you hear it?

It goes on all day long

Everyone knows everything

And no one's ever wrong

...UNDULATOR!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RWnNT-rWZMc/TVcR9vWktAI/AAAAAAAABlU/86zXqpncZIQ/s1600/Undulating_fat.gif

There has never been a wronger wrong in the history of wrongness. :facepalm:

Don't you at some point around the 350 lb. mark catch a glimpse of yourself naked in the mirror and just go, WTF???

• Like 3

The screaming part of Freewill: Each of us, a cell of awareness. In fact I think I'll leave. <some gibberish> with one song and dance. An unfortunateness far too free.

I know the right lyrics, but I can never actually hear them.

• Like 2

when I was first getting into Rush and a friend made me a mix tape with the ATWAS version of 2112/temples, I thought he was singing "We've taken care of everything, the words you eat, the songs you sing....."

and later...

"Never need to work or have a wife...." which seemed to make sense within the storyline I was trying to follow.

I may have already pointed this out but in the studio cut of Working Man the way Geddy enunciates the final verse sounds like "Well I get up at seven-YAY and I go to work at nine... and then "well they call me the working MAY-AAID! I guess that's what I am...."

• Like 1

The screaming part of Freewill: Each of us, a cell of awareness. In fact I think I'll leave. <some gibberish> with one song and dance. An unfortunateness far too free.

I know the right lyrics, but I can never actually hear them.

It confused me forever that the liner notes said:

"If you choose not to decide, you still haven't made a choice".

I thought it was contradictory to the message of the song, and I didn't hear it. I even had a couple of record store conversations about this (remember record stores....those were awesome...). It wasn't until many years later that I learned that this was a misprint and I was right all along.

Of course, this begs the question of how the hell do you misprint something to say the exact opposite of what it says.

• Like 2

Limelight: Living on a lighted stage

Approaches the onion field

Spirit of Radio: And the magic music makes your

Body move (I suppose this lyric could work just as well as "morning mood." :laughing guy: :dweez:

Edited by Greedy Oak
  • Like 1

when I first heard the studio Beneath Between And Behind I couldn't make out one word, NOT ONE! At least not in understandable english. It sounded like Dr Suess: "Plastic dreams come doo inventing subcanoe the drainage mines forever flowing..." etc etc lol

If third eyes were exotic and strange

They would likely have gladly exchanged them for something a little more plain, maybe something a little more sane

• Like 2

I have no idea how the words can possibly come out this way, but there's a line in the middle of the Anarchist that sounds like:

"I envy them for all those things, I never got my bat shit home"

• Like 1

Here's a great joke you can play on a four year old kid. Teach him to talk wrong. That way, it's his first day of school and he raises his hand and asks, "May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?" The teacher will be like, "Wha? Give that kid a special test. Get him out of here."

-Steve Martin

• Like 2