CD1:

Into The Blue (25:13)

Shine (7:28)

Black As the Sky (6:45)

Beyond The Sun (4:31)

Kaleidoscope (31:53)

CD2 (Bonus CD):

And You And I (Yes cover) (10:45)

Can't Get It Out Of My Head (ELO cover) (4:46)

Conquistador (Procol Harum cover) (4:13)

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John) (3:20)

Tin Soldier (Small Faces cover) (3:22)

Sylvia (Focus cover) (3:49)

Indiscipline (King Crimson cover) (4:45)

Nights In White Satin (The Moody Blues cover) (6:13)

Offical Music Video for Shine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU4EdoD30Kg

And one of the bonus songs... a cover of Yes' "And You and I"

-------------------------------------------

I can't wait for this one... there is a making of DVD on the 3 disc special edition set available on the radiant records site...

• Like 1

Hate to be negative, but I'm not crazy about Shine. It sounds pretty by the numbers and too long for its own good. I'd probably like it a lot more if it was in the 3-4 minute range. Nice solo from Roine though.

Hopefully the epics are good and aren't long for the sake of saying "Look, we're a prog band and we have more 30 minute long songs!" I've kind of gotten that sense from the epics on Neal Morse's last few solo albums. I also really curious to hear how much influence Roine and Pete have on the music. I've burnt out on Neal Morse and his whole formula since leaving Spock's Beard, so I'd love to it if there's some significant contributions from the other guys (which I'm sure there will be).

The cover of And You And I is pretty good. I like how they didn't try too hard to sound just like Yes and put their own spin on it. It'll probably sound stellar on the cruise with Jon Anderson singing with them.

transatlantic by numbers, judging by the track list. hoping it's a good record though, I've enjoyed them all so far. I guess the long-for-the-sake-of-being-long stuff is the band's schtick, so they wont be changing it anytime soon.

transatlantic by numbers, judging by the track list. hoping it's a good record though, I've enjoyed them all so far. I guess the long-for-the-sake-of-being-long stuff is the band's schtick, so they wont be changing it anytime soon.

My thoughts as well.

I read something online (from someone who presumably received a promo/review copy) saying that it sounds more like a Neal Morse solo album and not so much a group effort. Considering that Neal Morse has been writing the same album over and over again for over a decade, I'm not expecting anything great/different.

My thoughts as well.

I read something online (from someone who presumably received a promo/review copy) saying that it sounds more like a Neal Morse solo album and not so much a group effort. Considering that Neal Morse has been writing the same album over and over again for over a decade, I'm not expecting anything great/different.

Oh great......Neil is really dried up solo wise. The conversion to christianity really hurt him artistically.

Mick

My thoughts as well.

Oh great......Neil is really dried up solo wise. The conversion to christianity really hurt him artistically.

Mick

I have no problem with his lyrics (I can easily ignore them if I don't like them) but I always get the sense that since his conversion he puts more effort in them rather than focusing on writing good music. I think I saw an interview with him once where he basically confirmed that; he said something like the music serves as a backdrop to the message or whatever. And it definitely does show in his solo work. But if that's how he likes to make music, then more power to him I guess.

• Like 1

My thoughts as well.

Mick

I have no problem with his lyrics (I can easily ignore them if I don't like them) but I always get the sense that since his conversion he puts more effort in them rather than focusing on writing good music. I think I saw an interview with him once where he basically confirmed that; he said something like the music serves as a backdrop to the message or whatever. And it definitely does show in his solo work. But if that's how he likes to make music, then more power to him I guess.

Certainly. I don't begrudge him anything. I just can't into this direction as much. This is coming from someone who loved his work in Spock's Beard.

Mick

• Like 1

I'm just resurrecting this to say I've heard the album. It's just Neal Morse released under the Transatlantic name. Meaning a few vocal cameo's from Roine Stolt and they're touring guitarist. And nothing else really new. I suppose I'll give it some more spins but it's unlikely there's anything to discover if you know solo Morse. They play great as always but that's all I can say.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I've been enjoying this album more and more with each listen. Roine Stolt has some great guitar moments as usual and he is much more involved vocally than with their first two albums (he really picked up the vocals on The Whirlwind). The title track is fantastic IMO, and Black as the Sky is proof that they really can write short songs that kick ass. I actually hope they do more of that in the future (all while still supplying a good half-hour piece on each album!). I recently got to see Transatlantic near Chicago and was EXTREMELY impressed by the show. Over 3 hours of music and no intermission.

I've finally got my copy, it came at the end of last week. It was delayed because I'd purchased the American edition on Metal Blade as it was 15% off and there was some kind of problem with the distributors. Anyway I have my copy but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I'll give it a blast tomorrow with some other new stuff. I've got something else lined up for later...

So... I just read that during the last show on Mike Portnoy's "Prog Nation at Sea" that Jon Anderson joined Transatlantic on stage to perform "The Revealing Science of God"

What the actual f**k?!

I'm just resurrecting this to say I've heard the album. It's just Neal Morse released under the Transatlantic name. Meaning a few vocal cameo's from Roine Stolt and they're touring guitarist. And nothing else really new. I suppose I'll give it some more spins but it's unlikely there's anything to discover if you know solo Morse. They play great as always but that's all I can say.

Mick

You've nailed it Mick. Cannot warm to it. It's fine, but nothing to write home about.

• Like 1