2112 Live Question

GrandDesigner

I've never seen this answered but does anyone know the reason why the band never played Oracle: The Dream live until the TFE tour? It just seems bizarre that they'd release the 2112 album and play the entire title track but leave out a short, 2-minute segment. I can understand on later tours when they shortened it due to new albums taking precedence in the live set, but why the hell didn't Oracle make the cut until 20 years after?

I'll start. I haven't the first damn clue...... :) :huh:

I thought I got it started anyway..... :dweez:

I'm just quick on the draw. :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

I've always wondered this as well, but I have a feeling that it was mostly just so as not to break the flow of the song in a live setting

So what everyone is saying hear is....... Nobody wants to hear Alex pretend he is playing a guitar for the first time? :huh:
  • Like 1

I've always wondered this as well, but I have a feeling that it was mostly just so as not to break the flow of the song in a live setting

So what everyone is saying hear is....... Nobody wants to hear Alex pretend he is playing a guitar for the first time? :huh:

Don't forget the fact that he has his techs tune his guitars. He's probably forgotten how to do it himself.

:LOL:

• Like 1

They shortened the song because of time constraints of their shows during their early years. They had an opening act through the Counterparts tour. That limited them to only two hours. They finally played Oracle because the T4E tour had more time and flexibility for more songs. It's still the reason they don't play all of 2112 nowadays. Takes up too much time.

Uh... that's Discovery, not Oracle.

• Like 4

:blush:
  • Like 2

They shortened the song because of time constraints of their shows during their early years. They had an opening act through the Counterparts tour. That limited them to only two hours. They finally played Oracle because the T4E tour had more time and flexibility for more songs. It's still the reason they don't play all of 2112 nowadays. Takes up too much time.

That makes sense, but again: They just released a new album they're so proud of with an incredible title track. You'd think maybe they'd just chop off 2 minutes from the drum solo and play the whole thing (if anything, just for that tour!) rather than take out a small 2-minute segment. It just boggles my mind...like, what the hell were they thinking?

Once again...RUSH card, please. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Once again...RUSH card, please.

Once again... :blush:

time constraints is a good excuse for when they were an opening act, but when they started to headline? no good excuse there.

I still think it was a matter of slowing down the tempo of the show. They were young and wandering the face of the earth.

:LOL:

• Like 1