What Are You Looking Forward To, Musically, In 2014?

The Cat 3

Greetings Net Boys and Net Girls,

As 2013 is coming to a close, I started thinking of what I am looking forward to, musically, in 2014.

Here's what I'm excited about for the upcoming year...

1: The possible 50th Anniversary of The Kinks Tour with Ray & Dave Davies putting aside the past for a full fledged tour. (Hopefully Ray and Dave can come to terms and Give the People What They Want).

2: The Phil Lynott / Thin Lizzy lost recordings finally seeing the light of day. (Music by one of rock and roll's most underrated song writers is most welcomed by yours truly).

3: The Beatles releasing a 13 CD boxset - "The U.S. Albums". (This is what I grew up on and most likely why I am sitting here typing on this site).

4: The Who's 50th Anniversary Tour. (I'm pretty certain this will be it for Roger and Pete and I want to be there).

5: Possible Genesis Reunion Tour. (It's all I really want for Christmas...this year's and/or next).

6: Jimmy Page's Led Zeppelin's catalogue being released. (Many people are calling this a "cash grab", well I'll be first in line throwing my hard dough at Zep for these).

7: Sir Paul continuing to tour. (One of the best concerts I've ever seen and can't wait for another chance).

8: KISS finally getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (say what you'd like about KISS or The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they deserve to be inducted...let's just hope Gene & Paul have the class to perform with Peter and Ace).

9: New albums from Alice Cooper, U2, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and the Foo Fighters. (Along with supporting tours, of course).

10: David Bowie Tour...Pleeeaaassseee! (OK, so this last one is some serious wishful thinking).

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 3

Catching up on the early 80's music and then working my way toward the century and decade we are actually living in now....... :D-13:
  • Like 1

Basically what I said in the anticipated albums of 2014 thread. Two new albums from They Might Be Giants (even though one is for kids, those albums are still great), and the wishful thinking for having a new Owl City album (since it's about time for one I would say). In terms of tours, all I could think of is a potential supporting tour for the potential Owl City album, since They Might Be Giants confirmed that touring is not happening in 2014. It would also be awesome if Daft Punk went on a Random Access Memories Tour, but I feel like that's unlikely. From a listening perspective, I have just started getting into Animal Collective, so as the new year approaches, I look forward to hearing more from them.

The new Ian Anderson album. That's about it. If Tool actually releases something, great. If Yes makes it into the hall of fame, cool.

I'm on the Tool camp too. Think it will be their last album, and depending on how the next album sounds we will know if there is anything new under the hood.

O MY DAYS O MY DAYS O MY DAYS...OOOOO MYYYY DAAAAAAYS!!!!!

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN HAS A NEW ALBUM OUT IN JANUARY!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAAAAAAY!!!

I just cannot wait...January has Bruce Springsteen...February has a crackpot new album from Within Temptation...Lacuna Coil have recorded a new album for release sometime next year (possibly March)...Khoma may have a new album...

But Bruce..Brucey Brucey Brucey...Oh, Bruce...BRUUUUUUUCE!!!

One concern: Brendan O'Brien produces it. He destroys good quality sound! Still...

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCEEE! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

• Like 1

Feedback II: Rush covers ABBA's Greatest Hits.

With "Africa" and "Hold The Line" as bonus tracks in the limited edition (money grab) release..... :D-13:

o my...that would be the best day ever...

With "Africa" and "Hold The Line" as bonus tracks in the limited edition (money grab) release..... :D-13:

there is a small chance I just peed myself jn anticipation. I can't wait to dream this! I hope they do dancing queen...

• Like 2

I thought Feedback II would feature only Motown covers...did I miss something?

Can you imagine Geddy belting out "My Girl", "Just My Imagination" or any James Brown song?

Actually his range is going so low these days that it won't be long before he tries out Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World".

• Like 2

I thought Feedback II would feature only Motown covers...did I miss something?

Can you imagine Geddy belting out "My Girl", "Just My Imagination" or any James Brown song?

Actually his range is going so low these days that it won't be long before he tries out Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World".

o my...I want this...I want this RIGHT NOW!

I Just Called To Say I Love You would be my special request, along with I Love To Love and hopefully a couple of Boney M covers (Brown Girl In The Ring deserves a special mention).

Seriously...for Segue 2014 looks awesome! I have new Bruce, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil and as of now, Nightwish, The Gathering and early Yes to catch up with.

it looks to be a stupendous year!

I just purchased America's "History" CD, and I am finding it very calming, So for 2014 maybe everybody will just listen to melodic and nice...mellow....zzzzzzzz...good times...
  • Like 3

Sounds good!

I like the sound of America. I also really like The Doobie Brothers.

• Like 1

Woop!

April 1st NEW LACUNA COIL ALBUM!!!

BROKEN DOWN HALO!!

AAAAAIIIIIIIIAAAAAAIIIIIIAAAA!

My favourite band finally back...love love love...

I just purchased America's "History" CD, and I am finding it very calming, So for 2014 maybe everybody will just listen to melodic and nice...mellow....zzzzzzzz...good times...

Never happen, because...

http://gonereading.com/newshop/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Librarian-Gift-446x446.png

Within Temptation's new album looks like a fun ride, Hydra. I have all the studio albums from Mother Earth onwards, and all have been top notch poppy metal! This one looks really intriguing...