Wish them Well Rocks it out on CA Live!

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing this song at either of the shows I attended this tour. I thought it was awesome on the video. The crowd seemed to be into it pretty well, too. It is a pretty catchy, straightforward rock song.
  • Like 2

The song translates very well live. The first time I saw them on the last tour we got Seven Cities Of Gold. I was happy about that since I like the song a lot on the riff is a monster live. I always thought Wish Them Well was a solid tune but it never did much for me until I saw the tour a second time and they played it. There is just something about hearing the song live that just grabs you way more than the studio version does. I left that show being a much bigger fan of the song then I was before the show. The crowd reacted very well to it but they did that for all the new songs anyways.

Not one of my favorite songs for sure. I think it fits in the concept but is average at best compared to some of the rest.....Just my humble opinion... :huh:
  • Like 1

It was the big surprise live for sure. I'm not sure if there's another song in the catalog where Neil hits the snare on every beat like that song. That up tempo vibe makes it a good audience participation song.

If I recall correctly, I believe Neil talks a little in the CA fan pack magazine about how it's something he never really does but the song just needed it.

• Like 1

Well...I absolutely love this song so I am eager to hear a live version just as soon as I can be bothered. Wish Them Well has one of my favourite choruses on the album! Geddy sounds like its 1976 all over again!

This is one song where the chorus really grates on my nerves. The high pitched "wish them wells" make the song almost unlistenable for me, which is a shame. I like the song otherwise.
  • Like 2

This is one song where the chorus really grates on my nerves. The high pitched "wish them wells" make the song almost unlistenable for me, which is a shame. I like the song otherwise.

Are you the twin sister my parents never told me about?............ :D-13:

Are you the twin sister my parents never told me about?............ :D-13:

:LOL:

Makes me want to slap Geddy a few times. What could he have been thinking? Once or twice maybe, but the constant thing drives me NUTS.

• Like 1

Geddy has been doing those sampled chorus part ever since he "retired" his keyboards for newer songs (circa early to mid '90's).

I can't stand it either. Don't be afraid of the keyboards Geddy, they are a huge part of what got you to where you are today.

• Like 1

I have to say, for me it's my least favorite on the album. It's not that I don't like it, I just need it to grow on me some more...

I have to say, for me it's my least favorite on the album. It's not that I don't like it, I just need it to grow on me some more...

I didn't like it until I heard it live.

The "one's who've done you wrong.." bit is quite catchy to me. Really not a bad song. And these newer songs are gonna sound good live - they were written most recently to Geddy's speaking abilities.

Does anyone want to hear Ged wail to the Hemispheres Prelude in 2014? I sure don't. Hell, he couldn't do it in 1994.