Your year in concerts

Rod in Toronto

I decided to start this thread to celebrate the concerts I saw this year. And I´m aware that I´m about to be humiliated by my North American buddies here - in Brazil we do not have a huge amount of concerts to choose from like you guys have in the U.S., Canada, or even the U.K. for that matter. But still, I´m quite happy about the concerts I saw (see the list below). How about you guys - who have you seen live this year?

My list:

Paul DiAnno

Adrenaline Mob / Halestorm

The Winery Dogs

Ghost/ Slayer/ Iron Maiden

Megadeth / Black Sabbath

Whitesnake / Aerosmith

Steve Vai

• Like 1

Nobody. Myrtle Beach, SC is a very, very remote area. We barely have sewer and running water......... :codger: Edited by Narpet

Stone Sour - January 22nd

Testament - February 17th

Guns N Roses - June 5th

Alice Cooper - June 14th

RUSH - July 6th

Halestorm - August 8th

Alice In Chains - August 11th

Danzig - October 17th

This has been one of my lighter concert years in recent memory.

This has been a great year for me. I had the chance to see my 3 favorite bands (Rush, Maiden and Fates Warning) along with some others:

Iron Maiden in Lisbon

Rush in Amsterdam

Kiss in Zürich

Bon Jovi in Bern

Bruce Springsteen in Geneva

Fates Warning in Pratteln

Steven Wilson in Lausanne (I was not planning to go to this one but it turned out to be a great one!)

• Like 1

I decided to start this thread to celebrate the concerts I saw this year. And I´m aware that I´m about to be humiliated by my North American buddies here - in Brazil we do not have a huge amount of concerts to choose from like you guys have in the U.S., Canada, or even the U.K. for that matter. But still, I´m quite happy about the concerts I saw (see the list below). How about you guys - who have you seen live this year?

My list:

Paul DiAnno

[...]

Ghost/ Slayer/ Iron Maiden

[...]

What's DiAnno doing now? How does he sound?

And how was that Ghost/Slayer/Maiden show? I heard about it, but alas, I'm up here in North America. I hope it was great.

I don't see many shows anymore in my old age. This year I've seen:

Rush - Fort Lauderdale

Rush - Chicago

Rush - Calgary/Red Deer

Soundgarden - Riviera Theater, Chicago

The BoDeans - Castle Theater, Bloomington

Rush - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, Tinley Park

Tegan & Sara/fun. - Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica, Cleveland

Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z - Soldier Field, Chicago

St. Lucia/Two Door Cinema Club - Riviera Theater, Chicago

Metric/Paramore - UIC Pavilion, Chicago

Aimee Mann

Syd Arthur

The Unthanks

Status Quo - Frantic Four(2)

Saxon - Manchester

Saxon - Dublin

Steve Hackett

Rush (2)

Roger Hodgson

Moody Blues

ZZ Top

Brian May

Bryan Ferry

Bruce Springsteen

Blur

Status Quo

Soundgarden

Roger Waters

Touchstone/Von Hertzen Bros

Colin Hay

Sweeneys Men

10cc - next week

Status Quo - next week.

• Like 2

x1yyz:

DiAnno was awful...his voice is quite different from what it used to be in Maiden, and he has this arrogant attitude on stage. He mentioned he had a cold and that´s why his voice was not that good that night, but still smoked between songs - go figure! Also, he doesn´t have a proper band, he just hires a local band and gets them to learn the setlist a few days before the concert, which doesn´t help.

Ghost/Slayer/Maiden was a different game...I took a day off from work using my extensive bank of hours and flew to Curitiba to see them - it´s a city down south in Brazil. Ghost was great, and Slayer as well, even though the night was VERY cold. Maiden was great, and I made the right choice to see them in Curitiba, where the crowd was "only" 15 thousand people, as opposed to their show in Rio which had 100 thousand. This was my 6th or 7th time seeing Maiden, and the one I was closest to the stage. Sadly Bruce had a sore throat and didn´t reach the highest notes as usual, but it was still worth it!

• Like 1

Thank You Scientist & The Tea Club

Yes

Steven Wilson

RosFest: Bolus, The Flower Kings, Jolly, Pain of Salvation, Believe, Riverside, Dream The Electric Sleep, MoeTar, Electric Asturias, Shadow Gallery

Rush

IZZ & 3rdegree

Tom Brislin

Thank You Scientist, Mid Atlantic Title, Standby

The Aristocrats

Anathema, Alcest, Mamiffer

Noah Preminger Group w/ Ben Moder*

The John Funkhouser Trio & Jerry Sabatini and the Sonic Explorers*

Tammy Scheffer, Thank You Scientist, District 97 w/ John Wetton, Beardfish

Delicate Steve, Peaks*

Sima Kustanovich & Pavel Nersessian*

The starred ones were all free shows at my college, and were all surprisingly good!

• Like 1

Lets see, according to my signature I saw

Buddy Guy & Jonny Lang on February 26

Bob Dylan & Dawes (free) on April 5

Steven Wilson (Meet & Greet) on April 21

I saw Rush on July 26 in Vancouver

Baroness & Royal Thunder on August 7

Joe Satriani & Steve Morse on October 1st

and I'll be seeing the Trailer Park Boys on Wednesday

Opeth/Katatonia - April 19th

Death to All (Death tribute with the Human-era lineup) - April 24th

Steven Wilson - April 26th

No-Age - September 5th (me and my sis ended up interviewing them before the show)

Anathema/Alcest/Mamiffer - September 14th

Deehunter - September 17th-19th (three night stand in Brooklyn and Manhattan)

Katatonia/Cult of Luna/TesseracT/Intronaut - September 24th

My Bloody Valentine - November 12th

• Like 2

not too many shows this year and missed a bunch that I was really looking forward to, like high on fire, fates warning, st vitus, some others.

testament/overkill - february

rush - may

yes - july

melvins/honky - august

iron maiden/megadeth - september

deicide/some shit ass openers - october

DiAnno was awful...his voice is quite different from what it used to be in Maiden, and he has this arrogant attitude on stage. He mentioned he had a cold and that´s why his voice was not that good that night, but still smoked between songs - go figure! Also, he doesn´t have a proper band, he just hires a local band and gets them to learn the setlist a few days before the concert, which doesn´t help.

I recently read "Iron Maiden Running Free" by Garry Bushell and he talked about how DiAnno had issues way back then with not being very professional. Sounds like he hasn't changed much :(

Ghost/Slayer/Maiden was a different game...I took a day off from work using my extensive bank of hours and flew to Curitiba to see them - it´s a city down south in Brazil. Ghost was great, and Slayer as well, even though the night was VERY cold. Maiden was great, and I made the right choice to see them in Curitiba, where the crowd was "only" 15 thousand people, as opposed to their show in Rio which had 100 thousand. This was my 6th or 7th time seeing Maiden, and the one I was closest to the stage. Sadly Bruce had a sore throat and didn´t reach the highest notes as usual, but it was still worth it!

Glad to hear it! And wow, 100 thousand people in Rio? I know some of those Rio shows get packed, but that sounds insane.

Pirates of the Caribbean live score performance by the WSO-Winnipeg MB-February

Rush-Red Deer AB-July 24th

Great Big Sea-Brandon MB-October 30th

Too many concerts to list from the Pasic Percussion Convention-Indianapolis In-November 14th-16th

Several University related concerts

Rush

Rolling Stones

A pretty dry year. :rage:

Not quite, you got to see frickin Rush!

Very true but I normally see a lot more shows than that... Oh, I should add "Classic Albums Live" Led Zeppelin II and IV.