What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

Bill Gates Announces He Too Will Go To Space Once His Rocket Is Finished Installing Updates

article-8966-1.jpg

It's quarter to seven this morning, I had let Rocky out to the backyard, and I exit the front door to pick up the newspaper. Across the neighbors lawn struts a rooster, followed by a hen, followed by 3 or 4 smaller chickens - not chicks, but not full grown adults either.

I've seen chickens in other neighborhoods, and two of them in the park where the dog park is located (likely dropped off there after a Code Enforcement officer told a citizen "can't have chickens in a residential area, get them off the property"), but never in my area or block.

Hmm, does someone want fresh eggs or chicken meat, or has a Santeria practitioner moved in? Will "cock a doodle doo" replace Rocky waking me up in the morning? :chickendance:

• Like 2

Finding out the movie I Am Legend, based on the book of the same name, is a redo of 1964's The Last Man on Earth, with Vincent Price as Dr. Robert Morgan playing the title role.
  • Like 1

GXHokcN.jpg

Hmmm I've read a bunch of these books but I like to read. :D

If you haven't read 1984 you need to, badly.

And It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, from 1935. It is scary as he describes how our country becomes a totalitarian state, with a President who seems very familiar...

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

GXHokcN.jpg

And It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, from 1935. It is scary as he describes how our country becomes a totalitarian state, with a President who seems very familiar...

Same reason I brought up 1984........Pinocchio Barbie and her "alternative facts" for example......they were called "doublespeak" in the book but same dif.

"Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution, one makes the revolution to establish the dictatorship."

Thanks for the heads up on the Lewis book. It seems I need to read it.

• Like 1

Finding out the movie I Am Legend, based on the book of the same name, is a redo of 1964's The Last Man on Earth, with Vincent Price as Dr. Robert Morgan playing the title role.

I'll post the obligatory :notworthy: to Charleton Heston's Omega Man as the best of the three film versions.
  • Like 1

GXHokcN.jpg

Indeed.

https://wentworthreport.com/2021/07/16/censorship-2021-biden-and-facebook/

I know someone recently posted some Robin Williams clips, I watched this again today and think it is one of the funniest bits ever. :laughing guy:

After 14 years and his untimely passing, he still hits the nail on the head.

• Like 4

BLOOMINGTON, IN—A new study published Friday by researchers at Indiana University revealed that U.S. citizens waste approximately 2 million hours annually trying to figure out where a roll of tape starts. “According to our data, thousands of hours are squandered each day by Americans running their fingers along the outside of a roll of tape until they stumble upon the frayed edge where the tape begins,” said the study’s co-author Bethany Cohen, who noted that the amount of time Americans fritter away bringing the roll of tape up close to their face and slowly tracing their fingertips around its perimeter accounts for nearly $15 billion annually in lost productivity. “Furthermore, we discovered that when Americans eventually find where the tape starts, they waste an additional 4 million hours per year meticulously picking at the tape with a fingernail until they have a large enough tab to peel back the adhesive material.” The study also found that $700 million worth of tape is lost annually when a useless, narrow part of the piece sticks to the roll and accumulates around the edge.

BLOOMINGTON, IN—A new study published Friday by researchers at Indiana University revealed that U.S. citizens waste approximately 2 million hours annually trying to figure out where a roll of tape starts. “According to our data, thousands of hours are squandered each day by Americans running their fingers along the outside of a roll of tape until they stumble upon the frayed edge where the tape begins,” said the study’s co-author Bethany Cohen, who noted that the amount of time Americans fritter away bringing the roll of tape up close to their face and slowly tracing their fingertips around its perimeter accounts for nearly $15 billion annually in lost productivity. “Furthermore, we discovered that when Americans eventually find where the tape starts, they waste an additional 4 million hours per year meticulously picking at the tape with a fingernail until they have a large enough tab to peel back the adhesive material.” The study also found that $700 million worth of tape is lost annually when a useless, narrow part of the piece sticks to the roll and accumulates around the edge.

:lol:
  • Like 1

:lol:

We've all been there, for sure.

• Like 2