What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

My husband got his Ancestry DNA results back and he's soooo excited! A significant portion is apparently Viking related. My question- this type? or the second? :LOL: I guess we'll find out. For some reason, having DNA done has never appealed to me. :ph34r:

His idea of Vikings: wu19FkGm.jpg My idea: ZKTvxHqm.jpg

• Like 3

My husband got his Ancestry DNA results back and he's soooo excited! A significant portion is apparently Viking related. My question- this type? or the second? :LOL: I guess we'll find out. For some reason, having DNA done has never appealed to me. :ph34r:

How much does that cost and where do you apply?

I'd be afraid to find out mine. :ph34r:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

He got the Ancestry kit from Ancestry.com, it's on amazon also. It is usually 69.99 but they are having a Father's Day sale where they are 59.99 through the end of today. You put saliva in a little tube and mail it off and they give you the results about a month later.

This Ancestry one seemed to have more information than one that my sisters and I got my dad last year. That one was from 23 and me, they were having an Amazon sale. It gave a lot of information about regions of Germany my dad could be traced back to, but I don't think it had percentages.

I'm not sure what the privacy settings are on these kits, or what you agree to when you have them run the test. I'm just wondering because along with my husband's results he got a list of people he is related to "with a high certainty." Third and fourth cousins and so forth. So I asked him, now when people send their test in, will your name show up on all of their lists if you are a relative? Do you want your name on all of their family trees? He's not sure. I told him he has to answer the phone if any of them call, lol.

I guess it's whatever you are used to when you grow up! :LOL: I remember being on vacation and trying to explain the concept of the phone book to my niece, who was 9 or 10 at the time. She was appalled after all the online safety she had heard in school. "A book of your whole town, and everyone is in there and it tells them how to come right to your address? That's so creepy!" Who would have thought it.

• Like 1

He got the Ancestry kit from Ancestry.com, it's on amazon also. It is usually 69.99 but they are having a Father's Day sale where they are 59.99 through the end of today. You put saliva in a little tube and mail it off and they give you the results about a month later.

This Ancestry one seemed to have more information than one that my sisters and I got my dad last year. That one was from 23 and me, they were having an Amazon sale. It gave a lot of information about regions of Germany my dad could be traced back to, but I don't think it had percentages.

I'm not sure what the privacy settings are on these kits, or what you agree to when you have them run the test. I'm just wondering because along with my husband's results he got a list of people he is related to "with a high certainty." Third and fourth cousins and so forth. So I asked him, now when people send their test in, will your name show up on all of their lists if you are a relative? Do you want your name on all of their family trees? He's not sure. I told him he has to answer the phone if any of them call, lol.

I guess it's whatever you are used to when you grow up! :LOL: I remember being on vacation and trying to explain the concept of the phone book to my niece, who was 9 or 10 at the time. She was appalled after all the online safety she had heard in school. "A book of your whole town, and everyone is in there and it tells them how to come right to your address? That's so creepy!" Who would have thought it.

That's funny about your niece.

I kind of like my privacy - such as it is anymore - so I'm not too sure I would go for this.

Thanks for letting me know!

By the way, have you seen any blue birds in your garden? Any pictures of it? I forgot which thread you posted that in, but i thought about it last night.

• Like 1

That's funny about your niece.

I kind of like my privacy - such as it is anymore - so I'm not too sure I would go for this.

Thanks for letting me know!

By the way, have you seen any blue birds in your garden? Any pictures of it? I forgot which thread you posted that in, but i thought about it last night.

Yes, we have 2 that show up every day at the feeder and sometimes a third one joins them. I'll try to put up a photo in a bit. My photos are pretty bad, I'm trying to figure out how to take better ones!

• Like 2

Oh Spokane. what kind of drugs are your dealers selling?

Some dude in a white mustang flew into the parking lot. Got out wearing nothing but a black speedo. Went right up to the cops window and was cussing up a storm. Then ran back into his car. Luckily cop was able to keep him from moving his car. Dude has to be high on something.
  • Like 1

Billionaire scumbag Jeffrey Epstein, who was on suicide watch since July 23rd, hanged himself to death in his cell earlier this morning.

Suicide watch: The prison guards must have watched him do it.

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 4

Billionaire scumbag Jeffrey Epstein, who was on suicide watch since July 23rd, hanged himself to death in his cell earlier this morning.

Tom Clancy describes such a scenario in The Sum of All Fears. After the female prisoner hangs herself with her bra a guard watching on CCTV turns of the video and says in effect, "camera is broken, better get a replacement". A fellow guard says "It'll be at least an hour."

As for Epstein, good, saves John Q. Taxpayer the cost of a criminal trial. The civil trial lawyers must be salivating at the thought of demolishing his estate. Sad that no amount of money will ever heal his victims.

giphy.gif

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 1

I had an appointment with my dentist, Ziggy Stardust, this AM. He numbed up the mouth - lower right up toward the front.

Had an apple with peanut butter for lunch. When I finished and was wiping my mouth, blood was all over the napkin. Looking in the mirror, I discovered I chewed my lower lip along with the apple and didn't feel a thing. Never before have I ever done anything like this. Now I have a swollen lip.

• Like 1

I had an appointment with my dentist, Ziggy Stardust, this AM. He numbed up the mouth - lower right up toward the front.

Had an apple with peanut butter for lunch. When I finished and was wiping my mouth, blood was all over the napkin. Looking in the mirror, I discovered I chewed my lower lip along with the apple and didn't feel a thing. Never before have I ever done anything like this. Now I have a swollen lip.

I was worried about that when I had my Root Canal two weeks ago...had a liquid lunch that day...sorry to hear this Lorraine.

37uog3w.gif

• Like 1