What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

Touted American educator "Dr." Jill Biden's ongoing butchering of the Spanish language in speeches, this time calling referring to Bronx "bodegas" as "BOH-ga-dahs".  Other than stress and placement of consonants, you nailed it, Jill!  Si se pwawd-way!

Equally funny was hearing Dr. Biden's critics bungle the pronunciation of "diaspora".

• Like 1

I bought my first Rush t-shirt today, the grey starman number. It transpires that I might be pushing my luck in ordering medium size - I mean, I can get in it fine, just a bit restricted if I had to turn quickly to my left or right or move my arms. I`ll have to lose 5lbs if I want people in a largely unpopulated area of Scotland to know I like Rush. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, goose said:

"New guy?  Let's test his arm."

:laugh:

He's a bit young to have even studied the Byzantine Rite, let alone to have written his own liturgy.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

He's a bit young to have even studied the Byzantine Rite, let alone to have written his own liturgy.

:laugh:

The laugh was worth the effort of reading more closely!

• Like 1

The quarterback of the University of Florida Gators will no longer use the nickname “AR-15″ because of its association with the semiautomatic rifle which has been used in several mass shootings, including the deaths of 19 children and two adults this spring in a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school.

Anthony Richardson, a sophomore who wears the jersey number 15, will instead seek to rebrand his image, given college players’ ability to generate money from name, image and likeness deals.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

6 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The quarterback of the University of Florida Gators will no longer use the nickname “AR-15″ because of its association with the semiautomatic rifle which has been used in several mass shootings, including the deaths of 19 children and two adults this spring in a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school.

Anthony Richardson, a sophomore who wears the jersey number 15, will instead seek to rebrand his image, given college players’ ability to generate money from name, image and likeness deals.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's kind of an odd nickname anyway. He probably couldn't play for the 49'ers or any NY team with that handle. :wagfinger:

3 minutes ago, goose said:

An article on GWAR in which the central photo had a character faux ejaculating on the crowd.  

The Guardian article? https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jul/19/this-is-gwar-review-rock-heavy-metal-dave-brockie-hunter-jackson

*Now, they are "metal".

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Haha 1

I run along the avenue
I never thought I'd meet a mob like you
Meet a mob like you
With filthy hair and burning eyes
The kind of eyes that terrorize me through
You terrorize me through

And I ran, I ran so far away
I just ran, I ran all night and day
I couldn't get away