What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

42 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I agree that your current President should be mocked. I also thought the last one should be. I think the Supreme Court should be, all political parties, the European Court of Human Rights; anyone that takes life seriously. Our job as the population is to mock anyone who has any influence or power. It`s why I`ve been such a terrible follower of any religion, a poor employee, and a very average son and husband too. :laugh:

Just about every single president and even losing candidate has been mocked on shows like SNL yet one criticism of Donald Manson even if it's making fun of him putting ketchup on steak and cult members throw a hissy fit.  What a bunch of rules for thee and not for me bullshit from the American anti separation of church and state taliban.

ghoAQfh.jpg

6 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Just about every single president and even losing candidate has been mocked on shows like SNL yet one criticism of Donald Manson even if it's making fun of him putting ketchup on steak and cult members throw a hissy fit.  What a bunch of rules for thee and not for me bullshit from the American anti separation of church and state taliban.

ghoAQfh.jpg

I think it`s an act of folly if a public figure reveals themselves as incredibly thin-skinned, that`s for sure. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

ghoAQfh.jpg

OK, you lost me here.   Certainly Trump deserves a great deal of ridicule but I don't see anything close to the Taliban or encroachment on the separation of church and state here in the US.    The treatment on SNL of Reagan, 43, and Trump bear no resemblance to the treatment of Clinton, Obama, and the feckless current occupant of the White House.  Which is fine, but don't pretend the treatment is in the same area code.

Edited by laughedatbytime
The first sentence was dedicated on the premise that I was responding to IJ. Ignore that, the rest is fine.

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

OK, you lost me here.   Certainly Trump deserves a great deal of ridicule but I don't see anything close to the Taliban or encroachment on the separation of church and state here in the US.    The treatment on SNL of Reagan, 43, and Trump bear no resemblance to the treatment of Clinton, Obama, and the feckless current occupant of the White House.  Which is fine, but don't pretend the treatment is in the same area code.

Hey, I thought you two weren`t talking! :wagfinger:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

Hey, I thought you two weren`t talking! :wagfinger:

See the rationale given in  the edit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laughedatbytime said:

See the rationale given in  the edit

I`ll allow it. But I`ll have a sixteen-tonne weight dropped on me the day that I start using the Taliban in my arguments.  They have outlawed their Women`s Cricket Team, and that`s where I draw the line. :yes:

• Like 3

The late, very great Isaac Asimov, whom I cite in my signature below, must be laughing in his grave....along with us.  

“The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it.  I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk that’s not in the Constitution. It was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does.”

--  Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

I found a used car online that I want at a dealership near us!  That is so unlike me, I care zero about cars; only if they have a good sound system.  This one interests me because I am tired of tent camping after these many years.  This used 2007 Acura MDX suv thing can pull 5000 lbs!  I can look at actual beat up campers!  :laugh: :laugh:      (Look being the optimal word. We have 2 very serviceable vehicles with lots of life left in them.  I think I'm stuck with the Camry for awhile longer.  I love it but it won't pull much.)

• Like 2

I used to live in Northampton (England), and still check out the local news to see if it`s all offically gone to hell yet.  Bones were found in a residential garden recently and the police were engaged to ascertain whose they were - turns out they were from the 7th Century. I think that`s pretty cool.

• Like 1

The head of the United States Secret Service is leaving his position….

…… to work for Snapchat.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Haha 2

On 6/30/2022 at 1:42 AM, blueschica said:

I found a used car online that I want at a dealership near us!  That is so unlike me, I care zero about cars; only if they have a good sound system.  This one interests me because I am tired of tent camping after these many years.  This used 2007 Acura MDX suv thing can pull 5000 lbs!  I can look at actual beat up campers!  :laugh: :laugh:      (Look being the optimal word. We have 2 very serviceable vehicles with lots of life left in them.  I think I'm stuck with the Camry for awhile longer.  I love it but it won't pull much.)

Was that a channel change?

Sweet blueschica, very nice. These conversations can go on until somebody gets their feelings hurt.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

lPMRzbrl.jpg

Gross! Typo and all. Super gross.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bahamas said:

Was that a channel change?

Sweet blueschica, very nice. These conversations can go on until somebody gets their feelings hurt.

Thank you; I didn't really do it for that reason, I think it was late at night and I wasn't thinking 100 percent but if it served a purpose, so much the better.  :)     I still have been stymied trying to find a good combination of a trailer being light enough for our current cars and yet being in good shape since the lighter ones are from the 1990s.  Everyone needs a hobby I guess!  :laugh:

• Like 1