What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

21 hours ago, BastillePark said:

This guy is a wanted sex offender and was arrested in Spokane, WA. "...take it off he's got 3 eyes."

gdYGqL6.png

On a side note how many people have you seen with neck and or face tattoos that are criminals?

I know, right? So many ummm problematic patrons with tats used to come in the library where I worked ( we were right next to the courthouse.) I tried to teach my kids not to judge people but I finally told my daughters, 

"Please DO judge people with neck tattoos! They don't have good decision making skills !":blink: :blink:    Of course they were like, mom we figured that out ages ago. . . .:biggrin:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BastillePark said:

This guy is a wanted sex offender and was arrested in Spokane, WA. "...take it off he's got 3 eyes."

gdYGqL6.png

On a side note how many people have you seen with neck and or face tattoos that are criminals?

He’s a chip off the old block, let me tell ya….

ScreenShot020.gif

• Like 2

The World Health Organisation is looking for a new name for Monkeypox. Apparently there is an "urgent need for a non-discriminatory and non-stigmatising"  name for the disease.

Monkeys are such a bunch of whiners. 

5 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

The World Health Organisation is looking for a new name for Monkeypox. Apparently there is an "urgent need for a non-discriminatory and non-stigmatising"  name for the disease.

Monkeys are such a bunch of whiners. 

Rave-Anal Sex-Pox?

Fossilised remains have been found of a pregnant tortoise in Pompeii, full of eggs but wiped out during Vesuvius` eruption in 79AD - (amazing that things are still being discovered there).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61931172

The discovery will presumably confuse pro-lifers, who will want to track down who is to blame for the tortoise not carrying to term but realise it might have been their creator. :wink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

The demise of the Onion as a humor publication should really be in the "what made you sad today" thread.

It`s no fun to be a satirist these days... so I cut them some slack. It was easier back in the 60s, Peter Cook , David Frost etc. What can you do with the events of 2022 to make them more comical, other than straight reporting? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s no fun to be a satirist these days... so I cut them some slack. It was easier back in the 60s, Peter Cook , David Frost etc. What can you do with the events of 2022 to make them more comical, other than straight reporting? 

But isn't laughter spontaneous upon getting the joke?  It seems kind of strange to read something and then take the time to compare it to something else, find it wanting, and then decide to laugh because you feel it grades well in relation to a curve.

It is hard to satirize the bizarre mindset of the American left, to be sure.

Just now, laughedatbytime said:

But isn't laughter spontaneous upon getting the joke?  It seems kind of strange to read something and then take the time to compare it to something else, find it wanting, and then decide to laugh because you feel it grades well in relation to a curve.

It is hard to satirize the bizarre mindset of the American left, to be sure.

I don`t know if you`re thinking of custard pies and banana skins, rather than satire. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t know if you`re thinking of custard pies and banana skins, rather than satire. 

That's why I specified "getting the joke".   It isn't always immediately upon seeing it, and could take a while, but there is a moment when the humor becomes clear that the reaction becomes spontaneous.

I'm not big on slapstick humor, so I'm definitely not thinking of that.

1 minute ago, laughedatbytime said:

That's why I specified "getting the joke".   It isn't always immediately upon seeing it, and could take a while, but there is a moment when the humor becomes clear that the reaction becomes spontaneous.

I'm not big on slapstick humor, so I'm definitely not thinking of that.

I agree that your current President should be mocked. I also thought the last one should be. I think the Supreme Court should be, all political parties, the European Court of Human Rights; anyone that takes life seriously. Our job as the population is to mock anyone who has any influence or power. It`s why I`ve been such a terrible follower of any religion, a poor employee, and a very average son and husband too. :laugh:

11 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I agree that your current President should be mocked. I also thought the last one should be. I think the Supreme Court should be, all political parties, the European Court of Human Rights; anyone that takes life seriously. Our job as the population is to mock anyone who has any influence or power. It`s why I`ve been such a terrible follower of any religion, a poor employee, and a very average son and husband too. :laugh:

I generally agree with this.   I also agree with the premise that those who have the power are those you're not allowed to make fun of, and many of those are not traditionally seen as having power, in fact, they take great care to make sure their "oppression" is known far and wide.