What Made You Laugh Today?

GeddysMullet

The Northwest. We have a stay planned at the beaches of Ocean Shores, WA and then Newport, OR for this week. August at the beach!!!

And it will be in the low 60s the whole time, with chance of rain. Summer in WA/OR, lol.

:sundog:

• Like 1

BLOOMINGTON, IN—A new study published Friday by researchers at Indiana University revealed that U.S. citizens waste approximately 2 million hours annually trying to figure out where a roll of tape starts. “According to our data, thousands of hours are squandered each day by Americans running their fingers along the outside of a roll of tape until they stumble upon the frayed edge where the tape begins,” said the study’s co-author Bethany Cohen, who noted that the amount of time Americans fritter away bringing the roll of tape up close to their face and slowly tracing their fingertips around its perimeter accounts for nearly $15 billion annually in lost productivity. “Furthermore, we discovered that when Americans eventually find where the tape starts, they waste an additional 4 million hours per year meticulously picking at the tape with a fingernail until they have a large enough tab to peel back the adhesive material.” The study also found that $700 million worth of tape is lost annually when a useless, narrow part of the piece sticks to the roll and accumulates around the edge.

:lol:

We've all been there, for sure.

I hate that stuff. I spent 10 minutes earlier trying to find the previous cut off point.

BLOOMINGTON, IN—A new study published Friday by researchers at Indiana University revealed that U.S. citizens waste approximately 2 million hours annually trying to figure out where a roll of tape starts. “According to our data, thousands of hours are squandered each day by Americans running their fingers along the outside of a roll of tape until they stumble upon the frayed edge where the tape begins,” said the study’s co-author Bethany Cohen, who noted that the amount of time Americans fritter away bringing the roll of tape up close to their face and slowly tracing their fingertips around its perimeter accounts for nearly $15 billion annually in lost productivity. “Furthermore, we discovered that when Americans eventually find where the tape starts, they waste an additional 4 million hours per year meticulously picking at the tape with a fingernail until they have a large enough tab to peel back the adhesive material.” The study also found that $700 million worth of tape is lost annually when a useless, narrow part of the piece sticks to the roll and accumulates around the edge.

Easy solution...........make a small fold in the tape left on the roll when you tear a piece off. Problem solved tho you do waste a bit of tape that way. None the less, lack of frustratuon and wasted time seems worth it to me.

A man in Charlotte is advised both his wife and girlfriend he's seeing on the side are pregnant. The girlfriend gives birth and has the man and child DNA tested. The wife gives birth and has child and husband similarly tested. Testing reveals with near certainty the man is not the father of either child.
  • Like 3

As usual, my own foolishness made me laugh. I was doing some gentle gardening, had filled the bucket with lots of weeds, and while discarding the weeds over the wall that leads to the stream (all on my property, I should add) I let go of the bucket and had to retrieve it by navigating through a lot of much nastier weeds on a slippy bank. My wife had just walked outside and saw me do it, and asked why I threw the bucket over the wall. I tried to explain but I still don`t think I come out of it with much credit :16ton:

Just watched Career Opportunities on Showtime today. Underrated John Hughes produced movie with a young Jennifer Connelly in a comedic femme fatale role. This scene in particular is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsmu2jJpaSM

"I don't care about your Del Taco experiences!" :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave

A man in Charlotte is advised both his wife and girlfriend he's seeing on the side are pregnant. The girlfriend gives birth and has the man and child DNA tested. The wife gives birth and has child and husband similarly tested. Testing reveals with near certainty the man is not the father of either child.

:lol:
  • Like 2

hgdZYIL.gif

• Like 4

I'm in my backyard playing with Rocky when he suddenly bolts away and under a sheltering pam tree in a corner. A cacophony of squeals and cackles erupt as the local flock of chickens I previously mentioned tears to make it under the gate, with The Rock in pursuit. Still have no idea whose chickens they are, or care. I doubt Rocky could actually catch one of them, maybe he should have Mickey Goldmill yelling at him. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

I decided to try 14 hour fasting, starting today. It's supposed to have health benefits like increasing your energy and providing better sleep.

I'm trying fasting from 8 pm to 10 am; I don't usually eat that much at night anyway.

Of course, tonight, every food looks fantastic to me! :lol: :lol: Stale crackers! A melted candy bar! :laughing guy:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

In case you don't go to the Cowboys thread.

Dallas Morning News - A 15 year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

• Like 2

In case you don't go to the Cowboys thread.

Dallas Morning News - A 15 year old boy was at the center of a Dallas County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

It was just as old and tired there.

• Like 1