Favorite Rush Album and Favorite Song off that Album....

agubrizbassman

If I would choose a favorite, it would be Hemispheres, everytime i start with Cygnus I say to myself "I'm going to listen to the whole album all the way through!", If I would choose a favorite it would either be La Villa or Cygnus, Let me hear from you guys... Edited by agubrizbassman
  • Like 1

Caress of Steel... The Necromancer.

I didn't even see that. What are the chances...we're probably the only two on the planet.

A mutual admiration society going on here. :) In The End (live) from All The World's A Stage is still my favorite all time. Coming right after By Tor doesn't hurt either. Studio album, I would say....... A Farewell To Kings, Cinderella Man or the title track. Both are majorly special to me... :)
  • Like 3

I didn't even see that. What are the chances...we're probably the only two on the planet.

A mutual admiration society going on here. :) In The End (live) from All The World's A Stage is still my favorite all time. Coming right after By Tor doesn't hurt either. Studio album, I would say....... A Farewell To Kings, Cinderella Man or the title track. Both are majorly special to me... :)

All the World's A Stage is the best live album for me. The rawness and power of it have never been matched.

• Like 4

All the World's A Stage is the best live album for me. The rawness and power of it have never been matched.

You would be correct sir. :hail: It doesn't appear it ever will be either :haz:

You would be correct sir. :hail: It doesn't appear it ever will be either :haz:

The power is present in CA Live, but even though they improvise more now than they have in 30 years, it will never be that raw or dangerous again.

• Like 1

Favourite album: A Farewell To Kings

Favourite song: the title track or Cinderella Man. Madrigal gets some special Segue loving as well from time to time.

• Like 2

My two favourite albums (can't chose between them) are Hemispheres and Clockwork Angels. My favourite song from Hemispheres is definitely the title track, which is not only my favourite song from that album, but perhaps my favourite song of all time by anyone from anywhere. It's not just the song itself, but everything the song means to me.

It's much harder to choose a favourite song from Clockwork Angels, because to me that album is remarkably consistent and satisfying, but I guess if I really had to narrow it down, it would be a tie between the title track, and The Anarchist.

Nice to see Cinderella Man getting some love in this thread, a vastly underrated classic in my book!

• Like 3