The Crappy Novel Thread

ThatLightInYourEyes

Dan Brown has a new book called Origin. For some reason I find myself not caring. His last 2 books were boring as hell. Edited by Boots

Dune is an amazing series. /thread

Anything in the Young Adult or Summer reading section of Barnes & Noble aren't worthy to be used as toilet paper

"To the Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf has to be the worst POS I was ever forced to read during my educational career.

I could never get through "the red badge of courage" by Stephen Crane or "The prince and the Pauper" by Mark Twain. Both sucked eggs. To be fair I might try Red Badge again at some point. It seems to me the guy was trying to show off his vocabulary. Joseph Conrad was like that too although probably more tolerable.

Up until I opened "Clockwork Angels", the worst novels I'd read were both by Peter Benchley.

"Jaws" is one of my favourite movies but what a shitty book!

His "White Shark" is even shittier, er, more shitty.

I finished both of those books. I stopped reading "CA" after a few dismal pages.

Half-assed Voltaire, breathlessly and witlessly written for a presumably adolescent audience or interested Rush fans.

The Rush references weren't even fun or clever - they were simply there. :(

I would assume that NP had very little to do with the actual writing of this. The blame must fall on the unnamable one.

Positive points: Hugh Syme's art is well done, and the cover was soft and pleasant to the touch.

"What's that, Candide? You need some love?"

"Oh yeah, Professor Pangloss, I need some love."

"Well then, let's book a passage to Bangkok!"

"But what of Cunegonde?"

"Watch your f*ckin' mouth, boy..."

...to be continued...

7051761_f520.jpg

Trip merrily, la-la-la.

• Like 1

Wuthering Heights, The Corrections & anything by the guy who wrote the Spenser/Jesse Stone series (forgot his name).

Elmore Leonard. He was also the mastermind behind the fairly-recent hit show Justified.