What Is A "Hardcore Fan" Anyway?

GeddysMullet

hardcore fan: "if Neil says it, it must be true".

Then there's the jerky fan, who looks down their nose at the hardcore fan.

Wouldn't that be Neil himself that does that? :D

:no:

If I had the inclination, I could disprove your notion with Neil quotes. You just go on buying the negative Neil stereotype though. I guess it's funner and much easier for folks like yourself to think Neil's an overt jerk to Rush fans.

Weren't you an overt jerk about a year ago when you went on a tear insulting Rush and Rush fans, and went on and on about how tired you are of Rush? Yeah.

I may very well have said something to that effect, but I honestly wouldn't remember as I don't give it much thought. Not that I should anyway.

Adding to what I said a little earlier...I can generalize things THIS way...I'm a hardcore MUSIC fan, and I'm a little more hardcore for the bands I LOVE! Case in point...I was at a local grocery store, and I picked up a Rolling Stone special edition that had Pink Floyd on the cover...As far as I know it has all of the same articles that was in a special edition a few years back, but I still picked it up! If I see something like that with Rush, or Zappa or Yes, I'd PROBABLY do the same thing!

Should I like In Through The Out Door as much as Physical Graffiti?

Yes, yes you should.

Ohhhhh :hotdog:

And I'll never go to Texas anymore! :no:

:LMAO:

Hard core fan: If you are a guy in a lifeboat with your wife and Rush CD's and you had to choose which you would throw overboard in order to avoid sinking, a hard core fan is the one that would ask his wife "uhmm, could you give me a moment to think it over?"

There is no time to think. The wife is gone the moment you start taking on wate.r

to me, you're hardcore if you don't go to the bathroom when something after moving pictures is played

But how many times can you go to the bathroom in a 3 hour period?

That depends on how much beer you have consumed since you arrived at the arena,.

To me a "Hardcore Rush Fan" is a fan that has followed the band since the early 80's or prior and (Now here is the key) has changed along with the band. A Fan that has progressed and accepted the bands changes as they implemented them. Whether they were to use keyboards or Strings or change the Melody to accommodate Geddy's aging voice. A fan that has stuck with the band through thick and thin, regardless of the direction they've chosen to take...That's a Hard Core :rush: Fan! :haz: :haz: :haz: Edited by losingit2k

To me a "Hardcore Rush Fan" is a fan that has followed the band since the early 80's or prior and (Now here is the key) has changed along with the band. A Fan that has progressed and accepted the bands changes as they implemented them. Whether they were to use keyboards or Strings or change the Melody to accommodate Geddy's aging voice. A fan that has stuck with the band through thick and thin, regardless of the direction they've chosen to take...That's a Hard Core :rush: Fan! :haz: :haz: :haz:

I was born in 1990, does that mean I can't be a Hardcore Rush Fan?

To me a "Hardcore Rush Fan" is a fan that has followed the band since the early 80's or prior and (Now here is the key) has changed along with the band. A Fan that has progressed and accepted the bands changes as they implemented them. Whether they were to use keyboards or Strings or change the Melody to accommodate Geddy's aging voice. A fan that has stuck with the band through thick and thin, regardless of the direction they've chosen to take...That's a Hard Core :rush: Fan! :haz: :haz: :haz:

Yes you can be a hardcore fan, Once you have gone through some changes. You just went through your first with Clockwork Angels. Welcome aboard. :hug2:

It's official. I guess I am not hardcore by anyone's definition.... :(
  • Like 2

Yes you can be a hardcore fan, Once you have gone through some changes. You just went through your first with Clockwork Angels. Welcome aboard. :hug2:

So listening to Rush for 5-9 hours a day 5 days a week doesn't make me a hardcore fan?

I don't know if I am a hard core fan, but I love Rush and am obsessed with them. I have been a fan since the mid 80's when I grew up enough to get out of pop music as a young tween.

I pretty much only listen to Rush on a daily basis. I watch their videos nightly while working out at the house. I have passed their music down to my 11 year old and 8 year old daughters and they prefer Rush to any of the pop music that the "normal" kids are into.

I would put my Rush knowledge up against anyone...

Although I don't play a musical instrument, I have this strange feeling that if I picked up a guitar, something that sounded like Rush would come out magically.

Does this qualify me?

• Like 1

I don't know if I am a hard core fan, but I love Rush and am obsessed with them. I have been a fan since the mid 80's when I grew up enough to get out of pop music as a young tween.

I pretty much only listen to Rush on a daily basis. I watch their videos nightly while working out at the house. I have passed their music down to my 11 year old and 8 year old daughters and they prefer Rush to any of the pop music that the "normal" kids are into.

I would put my Rush knowledge up against anyone...

Although I don't play a musical instrument, I have this strange feeling that if I picked up a guitar, something that sounded like Rush would come out magically.

Does this qualify me?

I passed my love for Rush down to both of my children also. They know who Yes is too but not in the same way. The rest of the forum will have to judge whether or not that is enough to qualify. :huh: I haven't qualified as off yet, but this seems like a good angle to try............ :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

to me, you're hardcore if you don't go to the bathroom when something after moving pictures is played

But how many times can you go to the bathroom in a 3 hour period?

That depends on how much beer you have consumed since you arrived at the arena,.

I stopped getting extremely wasted at shows so I can actually ENJOY them anymore! Yeah, maybe a beer, but that's it...I want to get what I paid for, and remember it! (well at least until the bootleg comes out!)

• Like 2