Winter 2013 - 2014

RushCanuck

19 degrees this morning in eastern MA. 3 to 6 inches of snow expected tomorrow night into Wednesday.

Opening day next Monday though.

To borrow a phrase from that great English philosopher, Robert Halford, Winter, "your days are numbered, my day's arrived." Almost, anyways.

So far there have been 84 days this year. In my zip code in suburban Minneapolis, the deviation from normal (observed high + observed low - normal high - normal low)/2 has been:

more than 30 degrees below normal: 5

20 to 29 degrees below: 22

10 to 19 degress below: 23

1 to 9 degrees below: 16

normal: 4

1 to 9 degrees above: 9

10 plus degrees above: 4, none higher than +14

A little less weather and a little more climate, please....

here where I live, winter is gone. Good f***ing riddance and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, winter.

Have been enjoying glorious Spring weather here lately, with every sign that it is here to stay.

I must say, this past winter made me take much more seriously the idea of "winter doldrums" than I have in the past.

I think I suffered from it myself somewhat this past winter. Being all cooped up inside, not getting much sunlight exposure, is reputed to feelings of gloom and depression.

I experienced that this unusually harsh winter, without question.

Yesterday, I made up some bogus excuses to leave work early, and spent the afternoon out in nothing but a pair of shorts, soaking up the sunshine on a wonderfully warm Spring day. It was exquisite, and I could almost literally feel my mood/outlook improving with each passing minute with skin exposed to sun.

• Like 2

here where I live, winter is gone. Good f***ing riddance and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, winter.

Have been enjoying glorious Spring weather here lately, with every sign that it is here to stay.

I must say, this past winter made me take much more seriously the idea of "winter doldrums" than I have in the past.

I think I suffered from it myself somewhat this past winter. Being all cooped up inside, not getting much sunlight exposure, is reputed to feelings of gloom and depression.

Yesterday, I made up some bogus excuses to leave work early, and spent the afternoon out in nothing but a pair of shorts, soaking up the sunshine on a wonderfully warm Spring day. It was exquisite, and I could almost literally feel my mood/outlook improving with each passing minute with skin exposed to sun.

Yeah, I left work early today as well...so that I could take the bus home and get home at a decent hour, driving in sleet the last ten minutes. But I did beat the 7" of snow we're expecting tonight.

Yeah, this f*ing sleet, ice pellet crap in Minneapolis makes me want to puke. I cannot believe that we're supposed to get 5-8 inches tonight and another 1-3 tomorrow. Screw you, Winter! I hate you!

Although possibly 56 degrees Sunday...

Yeah, I left work early today as well...so that I could take the bus home and get home at a decent hour, driving in sleet the last ten minutes. But I did beat the 7" of snow we're expecting tonight.

My condolences, my friend.

Hopefully Old Man Winter will let up on you guys soon as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, this f*ing sleet, ice pellet crap in Minneapolis makes me want to puke. I cannot believe that we're supposed to get 5-8 inches tonight and another 1-3 tomorrow. Screw you, Winter! I hate you!

Condolences to you too. :(

Condolences to you too. :(

Agreed. Don't know how you guys do it..... :(
  • Like 1

My condolences, my friend.

Hopefully Old Man Winter will let up on you guys soon as well.

Thanks!

Actually it seems like half the kids at my son's school are pretty much dressed like you despite the fact that it's 45 degrees colder here...

• Like 1