Winter 2013 - 2014

RushCanuck

Beautiful in Myrtle Beach SC again today... :)

Go ahead, rub it in.

Big difference in weather between where you and I live, even though we both live in the not all that big state of SC. Supposedly here we are due for another round of snow and ice on Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope it is more snow than ice. Snow is cool. Ice -- bad things happen, like power outages. ug. Well, at least I have a fireplace if the power goes out.

Good for you. Being in the heating and cooling business as I was for so long, I used to recommend to people to use their emergency heat only during such snow and ice events. Turn the heat pump off. Bad things happen when ice and snow get on that thing. It may cost a few bucks more for a couple few days but at least you are comfortable and not worrying about the heat pump outside...... Edited by Narpzilla

An official flood warning was issued for our area a few minutes ago.

What area is that?

Sonoma County / Bay Area.

I haven't read any detailed reports, but on my iPhone I've been getting these really abrupt and obnoxious warnings, I was listening to Horace Wimp when suddenly it stops for this alarm... And it's happened several times today. Anyway, I seriously doubt it's anywhere near a natural disaster, just more water than our infrastructure is meant to handle, overwhelmed roads and gutters, and some unlucky ones' houses will be affected.

What area is that?

You could have said "Sonoma County, California", and spared me the hassle of looking up "Sonoma County" on the web to find out where in hell "Sonoma County" is, you know.

Gah, pet peeve of mine -- not directed at you in particular. But I have found there is a tendency among "big city folk" for them to arrogantly assume that their location is the center of the f***ing universe and, because it is to them, everybody else should automatically treat it as such and know it as such too.

It isn't, you know.

No biggie, just a little pet peeve of mine.

What area is that?

You could have said "Sonoma County, California", and spared me the hassle of looking up "Sonoma County" on the web to find out where in hell "Sonoma County" is, you know.

Gah, pet peeve of mine -- not directed at you in particular. But I have found there is a tendency among "big city folk" for them to arrogantly assume that their location is the center of the f***ing universe and, because it is to them, everybody else should automatically treat it as such and know it as such too.

It isn't, you know.

No biggie, just a little pet peeve of mine.

Haha, I assumed I still had California set as my location, which would display under my avatar. Guess I removed that at some point. My bad.

And yes I hope we can recuperate well in regards to the whole drought situation.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Same here in the UK; we have had floods commonly for the last seven years or so. Right now it's raining hard and there is a lot of local flooding, with roads closed and homes under water. Are floods really unusual where you live? I thought most of CA was desert- although I don't know where Sonoma is.

Same here in the UK; we have had floods commonly for the last seven years or so. Right now it's raining hard and there is a lot of local flooding, with roads closed and homes under water. Are floods really unusual where you live? I thought most of CA was desert- although I don't know where Sonoma is.

My mom told stories of her old house getting flooded often, and to prepare they'd lift all their furniture with bricks. Desert accounts for something like a third of CA as a whole, and they're mainly in Southern California. I'm much happier to be a Northern Californian ;)

Forecast of -11 for Sunday night, -17 for Monday night.........BUT THEN, it's going to warm up!! 20's and 30's starting on Wednesday!!

I think we're finally going to escape the innermost circle of Hell...... :sundog:

Forecast of -11 for Sunday night, -17 for Monday night.........BUT THEN, it's going to warm up!! 20's and 30's starting on Wednesday!!

I think we're finally going to escape the innermost circle of Hell...... :sundog:

Surely you mean enter it? Satan can keep his hellishly hot fires of spring/summer. :P

Surely you mean enter it? Satan can keep his hellishly hot fires of spring/summer. :P

That's odd for someone to say that lives on Vulcan. :LOL:

I'm heading up there on Saturday! :banana:

I'm going snowmobiling, so that is a welcome sight!!!! :haz:

It was 10 below this morning when I headed out to work. My Dad called me and said it was 23 below where he lives, north of Green Bay Wisconsin, this morning. :o

A little rainy ice today in Myrtle Beach SC. Trees and power lines are covered and heavy. The roads are fine. A look out my back slider this morning. A big tree limb fell out of one of my pines if you can see it on the ground. Hate those f**king pines anyway.... :)

http://s29.postimg.org/4wbpuqlfb/IMAG0578.jpghttp://s29.postimg.org/expqvjd9z/IMAG0579_BURST002_COVER.jpg

• Like 1

Yep windy, wet, stormy. Weather's great tonight...

I'm near Hull but shouldn't get affected by flooding or anything - where are you?

• Like 1

A little rainy ice today in Myrtle Beach SC. Trees and power lines are covered and heavy. The roads are fine. A look out my back slider this morning. A big tree limb fell out of one of my pines if you can see it on the ground. Hate those f**king pines anyway.... :)

http://s29.postimg.org/4wbpuqlfb/IMAG0578.jpghttp://s29.postimg.org/expqvjd9z/IMAG0579_BURST002_COVER.jpg

I have a friend that lives just outside of Columbia SC and she sent me a picture of the sleet and ice they're having. She said they've had over 3 inches of sleet, snow and some freezing rain so far.

I have a friend that lives just outside of Columbia SC and she sent me a picture of the sleet and ice they're having. She said they've had over 3 inches of sleet, snow and some freezing rain so far.

You kind of get spoiled living here. I had forgotten how freak'in heavy that ice is when it saturates the trees and power lines. There are at least 4 good size tree limbs that fell within view out my back slider. The trees are sagging everywhere. Good thing here is it will all be a distant memory by tomorrow... :)

You kind of get spoiled living here. I had forgotten how freak'in heavy that ice is when it saturates the trees and power lines. There are at least 4 good size tree limbs that fell within view out my back slider. The trees are sagging everywhere. Good thing here is it will all be a distant memory by tomorrow... :)

Well plus the fact that pine trees are like toothpicks and their branches break if you just look at them. If I lived down there I'd cut all the pine trees down around my yard. Those things are a menace.