Winter 2013 - 2014

RushCanuck

Perhaps it was because of a deep psychological shock to Myrtle Beach residents from seeing snow at all, that it took them 4 days to recover?

Wednesday and Thursday I kind of understood,... Tuesday and Friday. No

Lancaster, PA got F lat dumped on today. 8 inches of wet snow that you can't get no traction on. Ugh.

They better get the snow tires on those buggies...... :P
  • Like 1

Lancaster, PA got F lat dumped on today. 8 inches of wet snow that you can't get no traction on. Ugh.

They better get the snow tires on those buggies...... :P

Dude, I past like 25 of them damned things last night, on PA23, en route to New Holland. No shoulder on the road for them, either.

But, I've been to one of the great cities in all the world: Blue Ball, PA.

LMAO

• Like 1

Passed.

Been in that neck of the woods quite a few times in my life. Always enjoyed the area and the people... :)

We got about six inches of powdery snow with about half an inch of ice on top of that. It's like breaking through a chocolate dipped ice cream cone.

We got about six inches of powdery snow with about half an inch of ice on top of that. It's like breaking through a chocolate dipped ice cream cone.

I swear it was 70 here today... :) :outtahere:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/Heavenlyski2514_zps849169ee.jpg

First real snowfall in six weeks has made for great skiing. The chair ride, surrounded by the trees with ice refracting the sunshine, was absolutely beautiful. The views of the lake were great too.

• Like 3

Out my front door yesterday (or the day before?). Southern Michigan.

Sick of it. I yearn for my native California.

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj488/catanstrophe/317.jpg

• Like 1

The best thing about it being so cold for so long down here is that the insect population will suffer greatly this year and perhaps I can get a little air in my lungs when I go outside this Summer without having to dodge gnats. It's been a lot cooler than usual and we are expecting snow and that will shut the city down and normally that would make Northerners laugh at us, but this year I can point to the absolute cluster fornication that happened when Atlanta got a dusting of the white stuff.
  • Like 1

Out my front door yesterday (or the day before?). Southern Michigan.

Sick of it. I yearn for my native California.

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj488/catanstrophe/317.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful in Myrtle Beach SC again today... :)

Go ahead, rub it in.

Big difference in weather between where you and I live, even though we both live in the not all that big state of SC. Supposedly here we are due for another round of snow and ice on Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope it is more snow than ice. Snow is cool. Ice -- bad things happen, like power outages. ug. Well, at least I have a fireplace if the power goes out.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

The best thing about it being so cold for so long down here is that the insect population will suffer greatly this year and perhaps I can get a little air in my lungs when I go outside this Summer without having to dodge gnats

I doubt that bit of "common wisdom" . Insect species seem to survive just fine all through cold weather. Hell, look at friggin Alaska for example. Cold as shit winters, but every year there, mosquitoes survive the brutal winters and come out swarming in the summer.

If Alaskan winters don't wipe out mosquitoes, why should we expect milder winters in the South to have some alternative magical effect on insects?

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert