Winter 2013 - 2014

RushCanuck

Blimey, we've actually got some wintery weather here. Well, sort of. I mean, it rained most of the day as usual, but now it's beginning to freeze. Maybe we'll have snow, although I haven't seen enough snow for a snowman in this part of the country for a few years.

Blimey, we've actually got some wintery weather here. Well, sort of. I mean, it rained most of the day as usual, but now it's beginning to freeze. Maybe we'll have snow, although I haven't seen enough snow for a snowman in this part of the country for a few years.

Crikey!... :)
  • Like 1

We're actually up to 42 today which is the warmest it's been in a month. Tomorrow it's supposed to get down into the single digits and for the next couple of days in the negative for the lows. Edited by EagleMoon

Crikey!... :)

Gosh! ;)

• Like 1

They are calling for a wintery mix tomorrow and Wednesday here in Myrtle Beach SC. Colder than normal here too for a few days.... :)

We're actually up to 42 today which is the warmest it's been in a month. Tomorrow it's supposed to get down into the single digits and for the next couple of days in the negative for the lows.

And it freakin' sucks doesn't it ?

• Like 1

It's cold on Myrtle Beach SC too. It wet down to 20 last night and the high today is not supposed to reach 40.... :cool:

That's shorts weather in my neck of the woods. :LOL:

• Like 1

Do do do look'in out my back door (and front door) this morning. F ing climate warming changing global or whatever it is called now!!! :rage:

http://s27.postimg.org/e7yjvqubn/IMAG0491.jpg http://s30.postimg.org/a9shrj9k1/IMAG0516.jpg

• Like 1

16 degrees earlier this morning, with a light snow falling, in eastern Massachusetts. Word is we might actually get up above 30 this weekend. I'm going to have to dig out my shorts.

I actually saw people in shorts a week or so ago when it was in the teens. Men, naturally. :LOL:

• Like 1

We got 2 inches of snow here in Aiken, SC...woo hoo!!! Glad it wasn't more, because I have to leave out for Connecticut today and freeze my nuts off up there. I hope Mara, and all of our other Atlanta area friends weren't stranded, yesterday. They screwed the pooch again, in Atlanta, those no good bastards. The people should be rioting. I remember in 2011, I had to sleep on the I-285 freeway, because it was a 4 inch thick sheet of ice. I'm looking at Google Maps traffic and it is still f*cked up. Georgia DOT is completely incompetent, and, they should have to pay everyone who got in a wreck and couldn't get home, yesterday.

We got 2 inches of snow here in Aiken, SC...woo hoo!!! Glad it wasn't more, because I have to leave out for Connecticut today and freeze my nuts off up there. I hope Mara, and all of our other Atlanta area friends weren't stranded, yesterday. They screwed the pooch again, in Atlanta, those no good bastards. The people should be rioting. I remember in 2011, I had to sleep on the I-285 freeway, because it was a 4 inch thick sheet of ice. I'm looking at Google Maps traffic and it is still f*cked up. Georgia DOT is completely incompetent, and, they should have to pay everyone who got in a wreck and couldn't get home, yesterday.

Pissing off Mara probably not a great idea...... :scared:

Darn it, raining here again! Had to drive 60 miles to complete a 22 mile journey, due to flooding. Had to keep turning around and finding alternative routes! :rage:

It's all relative. No matter where people live there's always something with the weather that they don't like.

That being said, I'd like to not like the weather on a tropical island somewhere right about now.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Darn it, raining here again! Had to drive 60 miles to complete a 22 mile journey, due to flooding. Had to keep turning around and finding alternative routes! :rage:

It's all relative. No matter where people live there's always something with the weather that they don't like.

That being said, I'd like to not like the weather on a tropical island somewhere right about now.

Usually, I don't mind the rain so much. It's just that, for a country that always has so much rain, we are always so unprepared!

And, the images in this thread reminded me that I like building snowmen. :LOL:

• Like 1

No where is that more true that in the south. It can be 70 degrees with no clouds and no wind and people will be complaining.
  • Like 2

Got up to 68 F here in my part of SC today. Very nice respite from the assault of cold so far this winter.

It is still 66 as I type this, with the window beside me open, watching the sun begin its final descent into darkness for the eve. Very nice day. Very good break from winter nastiness.

Sorry for those of you not going through such breaks.

Got up to 68 F here in my part of SC today. Very nice respite from the assault of cold so far this winter.

It is still 66 as I type this, with the window beside me open, watching the sun begin its final descent into darkness for the eve. Very nice day. Very good break from winter nastiness.

Myrtle Beach too. Super perfect day.... :cheers:

Myrtle Beach too. Super perfect day.... :cheers:

:cheers:

Most local businesses/govt/schools were shut down here on Wednesday, the day after the snow came through late Tuesday. Schools were out Thursday as well as Wednesday.

It was a good snow. First significant snow of the winter here. It has certainly been cold enough for snow this winter, just hadn't coincided with moisture so far.

Anyway, I set out at first light, around 7 am, on Wednesday morning to walk the half mile of the private lane I live on, which was snow and ice covered (mostly snow with a few nasty patches of ice), surrounded by field and forest in a winter wonderland, down to the major highway it connects to, to see how amenable to automobile travel the highway was that morning, only to find it to be pretty much a track of solid ice.

I laughed and thought something like "f**k that, no way I am going out in my car on that today."

I walked around on the empty ice bound highway for awhile, looking around at the winter wonderland, marveling at the serene beauty of it, reflecting on how odd it was to be standing in the middle of that normally fairly busy highway, with nothing going on but the white silence all around. cool stuff.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Most local businesses/govt/schools were shut down here on Wednesday, the day after the snow came through late Tuesday. Schools were out Thursday as well as Wednesday.

It was a good snow. First significant snow of the winter here. It has certainly been cold enough for snow this winter, just hadn't coincided with moisture so far.

Schools were closed in Horry Co.(Myrtle Beach area) for 4 days. Tuesday - Friday from this..... :LOL: :facepalm:

http://s27.postimg.org/iv4u7830j/IMAG0516.jpg

Schools were closed in Horry Co.(Myrtle Beach area) for 4 days. Tuesday - Friday from this..... :LOL: :facepalm:

http://s27.postimg.org/iv4u7830j/IMAG0516.jpg

Why? Afraid that last little snowflake still unmelted in some shadow somewhere might suddenly leap out and turn ferocious?