So when do we get a remix of CA live...?

subdivisor

I never bitch about anything rush related but the sound/mix on the blu ray is complete crap...im sorry but what a disappointment....why neil's drums are not out in front is beyond me and why ged's vocals are way up front showcasing all his flaws makes no sense...who is responsible for quality control?
  • Like 1

Why neil's drums are not out in front is beyond me...who is responsible for quality control?

Indeed, the sound and mix of the drums is complaint #1 and that's coming from a guy who too never complains.

Edited by Jeffrey

The good personnel:

R30

5.1 Audio Mix by Richard Chycki and Alex Lifeson

Assisted by Adrian Lifeson

2.0 Stereo Mix by Richard Chycki and Alex Lifeson

Assisted by Adrian Lifeson

Audio Post Production - Mixland Music & DVD, Toronto and Lerxst Sound, Toronto

Mastered by Stephen Marcussen, Marcussen Studios

SNAKES

Music Mixed by

RICHARD CHYCKI & ALEX LlFESON

Music Recorded by

FRANCOIS LAMOUREUX

Audio Post-Production Facilites

MIXLAND MUSIC & DVD, Toronto

LERXST SOUND, Toronto

Audio Mastering

ANDY VanDETTE, MASTERDISK, New York

TIME MACHINE

Audio Producer

MIXED BY RICHARD CHYCKI AT MIXLAND, MIDHURSIZ CANADA

ADDITIONAL DIGITAL EDITING: KEVIN O'LEARY, ALASTAIR SIMS

Audio Mastering ANDY VANDETTE, MASTERDISK, NEW YORK

Edited by brunosamppa

I actually went to the length of running some of the songs in garageband, and re-equing them to bring out the drums more . didn't help much. bring the treble way up and its harsher on the ears. Im hoping theres someway to manipulate the blue-ray mix. Like just use the center channel to bring out the kick and snare or something.
  • Like 1

"Mike Fraser <mike@mikefrasermix.com> 23 de novembro de 2013 15:17

Well I am sorry you are disappointed Bruno. There are a lot of factors that go into making a live recording of which I have control of a very small fraction. I don't have control over micing up the instruments, recording them or anything to do with how they sound. In the mix, I can only try to make everything sound as best as it was recorded. I also have to listen to what the band are asking me to present, so I have little or almost no input in the end result.

Having said all that, we were all very pleased with how it turned out. The band included! I have not heard the final DVD yet, and I am hoping things were not destroyed in post production.

Mike"

• Like 2

He pushed the responsibility to the Engineer Recording and post production (Mastering or DVD Authoring)

Of course he'd say that. It may or may not be true. No way to know unless we could hear the master recording.

unfortunately complaints about the drum mix are warranted. The kick drum is non existent in Headlong Flight. oh well, I'll only end up watching the blu-ray once anyway.