What is your favorite Lerxst Solo?

agubrizbassman

No doubt about it that Between The Wheels is my favorite solo. Always has been and I doubt that will ever change. Goosebumps every time I hear it.

Stole my answer, I couldn't agree more.

That, or Grand Designs.

No doubt about it that Between The Wheels is my favorite solo. Always has been and I doubt that will ever change. Goosebumps every time I hear it.

Stole my answer, I couldn't agree more.

That, or Grand Designs.

If you are going Power Windows, I like Emotion Detector or Marathon. Grand Designs is pretty cool as well:)

• Like 1

The Hall of Fame induction speech. http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/smilie_b_009_zps6481dca5.gif
  • Like 6

I would say his Piano Solo on the Garden, and for guitar, probably a tie between Kid Gloves and his improvised solos for Force Ten.
  • Like 1

My first choice would have to be La Villa. There are so many good ones it's just hard to pick beyond that. I have to give honorable mention to the fight scene in By-Tor from ATWAS though.
  • Like 2

My first choice would have to be La Villa. There are so many good ones it's just hard to pick beyond that. I have to give honorable mention to the fight scene in By-Tor from ATWAS though.

Me likes the way ye thinks........ :notworthy: :hail:
  • Like 2

Look at all these boring answers...

For me:

Turn the Page

Alien Shore

Earthshine

Marathon

Roll the Bones (Live)

Totem

Natural Science

Digital Man

Red Barchetta (The soloing in general is just so good)

Limelight

Leave That Thing Alone

The Main Monkey Business

Force Ten (Live)

Dreamline (Live)

MMMMM all these tasty guitar solos.

Edited by Czarcasm
  • Like 1

Look at all these boring answers...

For me:

Turn the Page

Alien Shore

Earthshine

Marathon

Roll the Bones (Live)

Totem

Natural Science

Digital Man

Red Barchetta (The soloing in general is just so good)

Limelight

Leave That Thing Alone

The Main Monkey Business

Force Ten (Live)

Dreamline (Live)

MMMMM all these tasty guitar solos.

Glad to see TMMB on here—Alex has a moment of shred that floors me

The great strength of Lifeson's soloing is that he doesn't sound forced or scripted. He's not looking to make an Alex Lifeson The Guitarist statement, he's making an emotional statement that suits and serves the song.

LVS

Kid Gloves

Red Barchetta

Xanadu

He's way less technically gifted than the likes of Petrucci, Satriani et al but I rarely hear a solo from those guys that drips with emotion or serves the song - it's more "here it comes, look at my chops" with them.

• Like 5

The great strength of Lifeson's soloing is that he doesn't sound forced or scripted. He's not looking to make an Alex Lifeson The Guitarist statement, he's making an emotional statement that suits and serves the song.

LVS

Kid Gloves

Red Barchetta

Xanadu

He's way less technically gifted than the likes of Petrucci, Satriani et al but I rarely hear a solo from those guys that drips with emotion or serves the song - it's more "here it comes, look at my chops" with them.

This is an excellent summation of what makes Alex great, and why he's one of my all-time favourites. To me, past a certain level of skill, emotion beats chops every time.