Do The Impossible(Year And Half Later)

presto123

I love every track on this album, but this is how I would personally rank them.

Headlong Flight

The Anarchist

The Wreckers

Seven Cities of Gold

The Garden

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

Carnies

Halo Effect

BU2B

Wish Them Well

BU2B2

I'm finding CA to be less of a staple now than it was. However, I haven't listened to much Rush lately. Having a brand new baby and a toddler can do that. But fwiw:

Headlong Flight

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

The Garden

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Anarchist

BU2B

The rest drizzle away into white noise at the moment.

• Like 1

I'm finding CA to be less of a staple now than it was. However, I haven't listened to much Rush lately. Having a brand new baby and a toddler can do that. But fwiw:

Headlong Flight

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

The Garden

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Anarchist

BU2B

Congrats on the new arrival. There are things more important than Rush. I found that out when mine were young... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Headlong Flight

Clockwork Angels

Caravan

The Garden

Halo Effect

The Wreckers

The Anarchist

BU2B

Congrats on the new arrival. There are things more important than Rush. I found that out when mine were young... :cheers:

Seriously! But I still find time to post to rushforum and worry about which tube to put in the pre-amp. Sigh.

Thanks for the congrats, too! Liam Sebastian is small and quiet and almost ready for a Rush one-sy.

It took a bit of time for me to warm up to CA but lately I can't stop listening to it (the new blu-ray certainly helped.) Anyway..

The Wreckers

Clockwork Angels

Wish Them Well

BU2B

Seven Cities of Gold

Carnies

The Garden

Headlong Flight

The Anarchist

Caravan

Halo Effect

BU2B2

I have posted this before, some agreed and some did not, that IMHO the acoustic intro to BU2B is dreadful, and BU2B2 is beyond dreadful. BU2B was great before the addition of that intro and it only weakened the song. Other than those blunders I believe that Clockwork Angels is damn near perfect. Certainly within the pantheon of consistency and awesomeness as Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves. A huge difference in the music is that in 1980 and 1981 Rush's music was super-relevant and in 2012 Rush's music is nowhere near the mainstream monkey spunk that 99% of the masses have convinced themselves tastes good.

That being said, my order is damn near changing month to month. That is the sign of the quality of these songs.

4 way tie: Caravan, Headlong Flight, The Garden, Clockwork Angels

3 way tie: The Anarchist, Carnies, Seven Cities of Gold, Halo Effect

The Wreckers

BU2B (remove the acoustic intro, and move this up next to The Wreckers)

Wish Them Well

BU2B2 (the perfect opportunity for an instrumental of emotional and paramount importance)

• Like 1

Ahhh, I like em all, even BU2B2, yah thats right, but if i would choose a number one song, this is hard, it would either be Carnies, Headlong Flight, Seven Cities, Caravan, BU2B, BU2B2, The Garden, Wish Them Well, The Wreckers, Halo Effect, Clockwork Angels or The Anarchist.... HAHAHAHA