A Nitpicker's Thread For the Clockwork Angels Tour CD

LedRush

I have a CA Tour DVD question and didn't want to start a new thread for just a simple question.

Hope you don't mind me asking it here.

I understand that the DVD is comprised of three filmed venues. Does this mean that the DVD doesn't flow? Like Rio or S&A? But rather for every song, it is Rush playing it at a different place?

I have a CA Tour DVD question and didn't want to start a new thread for just a simple question.

I understand that the DVD is comprised of three filmed venues. Does this mean that the DVD doesn't flow? Like Rio or S&A? But rather for every song, it is Rush playing it at a different place?

It flows. You can't tell except for the edit that I mentioned earlier.

After listening to the CD a LOT in the past couple days, I maintain that my main criticism lies not so much in the quality of the mix, but in the consistency. It's really quite odd.

I've only watched part of set one of the DVD so far, but I noticed this too.

I liked it, of course there were some chokes, but its a live album, but i did like it, i havent gotten the Cd or Dvd but i heard it through Pandora and Spotify, and i went to see the film, and i did enjoy it, the only thing i would ask for is more bass on The Anarchist, cause it has a really big driven part in the song, so yah...
  • Like 1

Thank you, Eagle. I will sleep restfully tonight :zzz: as this was one of the things I was thinking about last night while I was attempting to fall asleep.

• Like 1

Thank you, Eagle. I will sleep restfully tonight :zzz: as this was one of the things I was thinking about last night while I was attempting to fall asleep.

It's a good show. Only annoying thing is that they keep changing the camera angles every 3 seconds which is annoying.I got used to it as the show went on but I wished they had focused on the guys for longer periods. In some ways it's not as intimate as some of the other DVD's. But I love the energy and they sure seem to be having a lot of fun. More like the older tour shows.That makes up for a lot. And the music itself is just phenomenal.

• Like 1

It's a good show. Only annoying thing is that they keep changing the camera angles every 3 seconds which is annoying.I got used to it as the show went on but I wished they had focused on the guys for longer periods.

I was wishing that they would show the video screens too- there are some great animations, movies and effects to go with the songs but you wouldn't notice most of them from the DVD! They did a lot of close-ups of the guys though. :heart:

It's a good show. Only annoying thing is that they keep changing the camera angles every 3 seconds which is annoying.I got used to it as the show went on but I wished they had focused on the guys for longer periods.

I was wishing that they would show the video screens too- there are some great animations, movies and effects to go with the songs but you wouldn't notice most of them from the DVD! They did a lot of close-ups of the guys though. :heart:

They did do close ups but not for more than a few seconds at a time. I agree about the videos. I'm glad I saw them during the actual concert. But I have to say there were things I don't remember that were on the screens because I was droo...er...looking at the guys. :LOL:

• Like 1

I got annoyed with so many shots if the string players. I want to see the three guys. One shot once a song if the strings would have been fine.

I don't mind. You guys notice the ladies were shown more than the other ensemble members? It's nice for there to be some eyecandy on the stage at a Rush concert for once. :drool:

Honestly found the pov shots from the crowd a lot more annoying and disorienting.

Edited by Alchemical
  • Like 2

I was super excited to watch the blu ray on my monster system and then.....blah....the mix totally stinks...no drums no bass is just a complete disgrace...how does something like that happen?...why cant they bury ged's vocals because they are the weak spot and they seem to be right up front...I love everything else about the show but the sound is a huge let down...snakes and arrows and r30 are way better in terms of sound and punch
  • Like 2

I'll get back to you when the Pony Express finally delivers it to my door......... :rage:

I hope my copy arrives soon... WTF?

My copy is supposed to be shipped today with possible delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

nope... still waiting. sigh! Pre-ordering on Amazon was not the way to go this time.

I was super excited to watch the blu ray on my monster system and then.....blah....the mix totally stinks...no drums no bass is just a complete disgrace...how does something like that happen?...why cant they bury ged's vocals because they are the weak spot and they seem to be right up front...I love everything else about the show but the sound is a huge let down...snakes and arrows and r30 are way better in terms of sound and punch

This is exactly the way I hear it too. I mean come on! I've done better live recording mixes in my home studio....

I'll get back to you when the Pony Express finally delivers it to my door......... :rage:

My copy is supposed to be shipped today with possible delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

nope... still waiting. sigh! Pre-ordering on Amazon was not the way to go this time.

Guess what? I finally received Clockwork Angels! Thanks Amazon and Canada Post. I will watch it this coming weekend, which will be my first chance. There is a saying - Good things come to those that wait.

• Like 3

Guess what? I finally received Clockwork Angels! Thanks Amazon and Canada Post. I will watch it this coming weekend, which will be my first chance. There is a saying - Good things come to those that wait.

I will watch mine when I have something besides my Betamax to play it on........ :facepalm:
  • Like 2

A couple of things that seem spliced in out of place:

• After Wish Them Well it shows Neil turning around to the electronic kit, but he didn't use it in the next song (The Garden).
  • After The Big Money (if I recall properly) it shows Alex doing a guitar change, but he seems to use the same guitar in both songs surrounding that.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that Neil is probably just stepping out of the kit for a short break since he doesn't play right away in The Garden.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze

The set list pictured right before the show starts is not from either the Dallas or Phoenix shows. It has The Body Electric and Manhattan Project listed (no Wish Them Well).

It appears to be Gump's set list. The reason I paused it to look was I was trying to figure out the color coding. I'm still not sure about that. It might indicate changes to the MIDI programming, but it seems like that would occur more often than what is indicated by the colors.