**Fan Reviews** Clockwork Angels Tour BD/DVD/CD

bscsmkr

I think I finally hit a sweet spot with my tuner and sub. Took a while! Still not getting a great overall sounding mix though. Alex sounds great throughout. Neil and Geddy only occasionally sound great, while other times a little burried. Strings sound good. I'm not getting hung up on the mix. I'm getting it to sound as good as I can, then I'm enjoying the hell out of it- just like everything else Rush has released with less than stellar sound.
  • Like 4

For the life of me, I can’t understand what some people are complaining about. I’ve watched the Clockwork Angles DVD twice now, and I cannot believe how good the band sounds. Each guy is at the top of his game… and I haven’t heard Geddy sing this well since the mid-80s. The crowd was loud and sold out. 14,000 or so. Loved ALL the songs.

The only knock I have, and this has already been mentioned a million times, is that Neil’s drums aren’t quite loud enough at times. But, other than that, I think this is nearly a perfect concert DVD. When was the last time you heard three guys, all 60 or older, play and SOUND that good?

Oh, and I am going to marry Audrey Solomon, one of the violin players. She doesn’t know this yet, but I’ll send her an email a few days before hand so she has time to track down those leather pants and 5 inch heels…

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 5

For the life of me, I can’t understand what some people are complaining about. I’ve watched the Clockwork Angles DVD twice now, and I cannot believe how good the band sounds. Each guy is at the top of his game… and I haven’t heard Geddy sing this well since the mid-80s. The crowd was loud and sold out. 14,000 or so. Loved ALL the songs.

The only knock I have, and this has already been mentioned a million times, is that Neil’s drums aren’t quite loud enough at times. But, other than that, I think this is nearly a perfect concert DVD. When was the last time you heard three guys, all 60 or older, play and SOUND that good?

Oh, and I am going to marry Audrey Solomon, one of the violin players. She doesn’t know this yet, but I’ll send her an email a few days before hand so she has time to track down those leather pants and 5 inch heels…

ThunderBay, how are you doing? Good to see you back!

I dig Adele Stein. The tats, red hair, beautiful fair skin and energy are quite the turn on......... :blush:
  • Like 1

Good to see you back on thr grid you flatulant bastard!

RushYesZeppelin and I were able to speak with Jonathan Dinklage before the show. Only we didn't know who it was until we saw him on the stage. He seemed like a cool guy.

I liked the DVD quite a bit overall, but the editing was very annoying at times, especially when they cut away from Alex duing his solos. Like duing Clockwork Angels or 2112 or The Analog Kid. Come on, these are 3 of the best solos he does all night and they show Geddy & Neil doing backup for those bits?

Sorry, man, but she's already married. :doh: She mentioned the lucky bastard in the B/W documentary....

ThunderBay, how are you doing? Good to see you back!

Doin' (Texan for "doing") fine... thank you... wink.

Good to see you back on thr grid you flatulant bastard!

You can smell my farts all the way down to Tennessee???????????????????????????? You have a better nose than a whitetail deer...

DAMN! Does Neil really run SO fast he can board the bus and be rolling out of the arena before Geddy says 'Goodnight!' to the audience??? I knew he is a quick-exit artist but man...

LOL....you could actually here his footsteps. Like the guard said....faster than Britney Spears!

Can anyone tell me whose playing the piano during the final few bars of Spirit?!?

• Like 1

DAMN! Does Neil really run SO fast he can board the bus and be rolling out of the arena before Geddy says 'Goodnight!' to the audience??? I knew he is a quick-exit artist but man...

LOL....you could actually here his footsteps. Like the guard said....faster than Britney Spears!

Can anyone tell me whose playing the piano during the final few bars of Spirit?!?

The pedal Alex or Geddy steps on to trigger the sample :P

Sorry, man, but she's already married. :doh: She mentioned the lucky bastard in the B/W documentary....

Yeah, and besides, you'd have to get in line anyway... :tsk:

I've been reading reviews on here & Amazon.com for this DVD & feeling pretty disappointed on the reactions.

I was planning on asking for this DVD set for Christmas but it seems that it's not worth it due to the bad audio & video editing.

It's a shame, I feel like there's always an issue with the live albums/videos that they put out.

I've been reading reviews on here & Amazon.com for this DVD & feeling pretty disappointed on the reactions.

I was planning on asking for this DVD set for Christmas but it seems that it's not worth it due to the bad audio & video editing.

It's a shame, I feel like there's always an issue with the live albums/videos that they put out.

Not the first one.............. Look down :yes:

With the exception of the glorious All the World's a Stage.

Neglected to mention that...AtWaS is easily my favorite live album of theirs, & I consider it to be the best-sounding as well.

Totally captures them at their rawest, most primal period.

• Like 2

With the exception of the glorious All the World's a Stage.

Neglected to mention that...AtWaS is easily my favorite live album of theirs, & I consider it to be the best-sounding as well.

Totally captures them at their rawest, most primal period.

Correct on all fronts. Preach'in to the choir................... Glorious. Great adjective and certainly fits in this case... :)

The primary tool of any critic is exaggeration.
  • Like 1

The primary tool of any critic is exaggeration.

Yeah i wouldnt let the crowd here dissuade you

• Like 1

I love it, plain and simple. It was a great show, great set, the strings enembles were top notch, and Geddy, Alex, and Neil were playing great. Minor gripe is Geddy's voice, but that's not really a huge dealbreaker, to me, as the show progressed.

As for the audio, heck, for me, the show wasn't loud enough for me. Normally, when I watch stuff on TV, my volume setting is turned at 15-20. For watching the dvd, I had to turn it up to 25 or something like that.

For the most part, it's a great show and that I'm glad that I bought it and got the "Blah, Blah, Blah" shirt that came along with the box.

Edited by Anguyen92

I will never tire of Headlong Flight live no matter the quality.

Yup. My crazy wife went out Christmas shopping tonight so I blasted the CD and when Headlong Flight came on I cranked it to 11. I love the new CD and Blu Ray. Don't like it -- don't listen. :haz: