**Fan Reviews** Clockwork Angels Tour BD/DVD/CD

bscsmkr

Ok guys I finally received my Blu-Ray in today's mail. I am so pumped to watch this thing but need some assistance. It is widely known that fans of Rush are on the high end of the intelligence quotient food chain. I have time, am alone, have a couple beers and am ready to watch this thing, now. Wife is at work and girlfriend is busy. It's just me and my band! I can't seem to get this fu*king thing to play!!! I have unplugged and plugged it back in and have done everything else I can think of! :rage: Please the brilliant minds of Rush help! You can PM me or whatever you need to do, I just want to watch this damn thing tonight. Thanks in advance... Maybe the picture I posted will help........

http://s22.postimg.org/aektki0a9/IMAG0171.jpg

• Like 6

Have the blue ray. It looks good sounds like poop. Muddy. What happened to the drum sound. More poop. Read some of the comments in this thread and how people are saying these guys are at the top of their game performance wise. Heck no. For me their musicianship was at it peak around the P Waves through Power Windows. They were younger then. Presto and Roll up there also. It's been a slow decline since then. Especially Neil's chops. His time is still stellar. Drum parts and ochistractions are stale on Clockwork. Not fun. His solos are in the vain of wipe out! He can't execute the fills from some of the older stuff. Still think he's the man. Great rock drummer and comes up with the goods every single show. To bad the cymbals are lost on this new release. Alex is way to freaking loud. Teddy's vox could be louder. Neil needs to play better sounding drums. DW drums are some of the worst in the drum market. Why any pro plays them is beyond me. Guess they pay them some good scratch. I'm sure Neil gets stellar support from. DW and Sabian. He's a drum god. To bad the quirky off the wall fills like the one in Natural Science are a thing of the past. I do like his performance on the one track he plays on Vertical Horizons newest album. Also how about some plane looking drums. Enough of the artwork. Even the cymbals have art work. Jesus. One color and some silver or gold hardware. It would look sharp as heck. Go white or red.
  • Like 1

:LOL: Now that's a fancy looking machine, Narpet- I wouldn't have a clue about operating that. I can assist you with opening the beer, however. :)

• Like 1

:LOL: Now that's a fancy looking machine, Narpet- I wouldn't have a clue about operating that. I can assist you with opening the beer, however. :)

I have 2 pumpkin wheat's left over from my daughters last visit......... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Ok guys I finally received my Blu-Ray in today's mail. I am so pumped to watch this thing but need some assistance. It is widely known that fans of Rush are on the high end of the intelligence quotient food chain. I have time, am alone, have a couple beers and am ready to watch this thing, now. Wife is at work and girlfriend is busy. It's just me and my band! I can't seem to get this fu*king thing to play!!! I have unplugged and plugged it back in and have done everything else I can think of! :rage: Please the brilliant minds of Rush help! You can PM me or whatever you need to do, I just want to watch this damn thing tonight. Thanks in advance... Maybe the picture I posted will help........

This may be obvious, but do you have a blu-ray player? :LOL:

Blu-ray machine-->HDMI cable-->tv. Should work.

This may be obvious, but do you have a blu-ray player? :LOL:

Blu-ray machine-->HDMI cable-->tv. Should work.

:LMAO: Laughing with you :) Edited by Narpet
  • Like 1

Not sure I can help you with the blu ray, but I DO have an old copy of "Through the Camera Eye" that should work in your machine just fine. :laughing guy:

Maybe your wife or your girlfriend can help

Clem

• Like 1

Not sure I can help you with the blu ray, but I DO have an old copy of "Through the Camera Eye" that should work in your machine just fine. :laughing guy:

Maybe your wife or your girlfriend can help

Clem

Actually now that you mention it, I think I have that same beta recording somewhere in the garage...... :yes:
  • Like 1

Time to bring back Broon

Oh, and most of the extras are bloody embarrasing!!

And you just told other people to get over themselves......:LOL:

Have you even seen the Extras?

Toe-curlingly excruciating for anyone over the age of 9.

And you just told other people to get over themselves...... :LOL:

I've watched all the extras. They're GOOD.

And we're all entitled to our opinions. :)

And you just told other people to get over themselves...... :LOL:

I've watched all the extras. They're GOOD.

And we're all entitled to our opinions. :)

Sure you are. I mean Jersey Shore gets millions of viewers, doesn't it?

Time to bring back Broon

I agree. And if not Broon, then anyone else who can deliver the kind of sound quality that I would have thought the band would demand. They're perfectionists in so many ways, and expect so much of themselves and their playing, why would they settle for any less when it came to how the final product sounds? I'm no engineer or producer, (co-incidently my brother is) but to my ears, this, and other recent work of their has sounded sub-standard, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. Here's hoping the trend doesn't continue, as it'd be a shame if it did. The band deserves better.

Haven't seen this yet but can I just say, I see some folks mentioning Neil's sound since he moved to DW and how Tama or Ludwig is better. the sound of Neil's drums is more to do with the live mix and or the way they're recorded because in all honesty a good sound engineer could make a sh*t drumkit sound awesome mic'd up & eq'd correctly. DW (& im not the owner of a DW kit) are one of the market leaders in drums and the yearning for kits of old are more to do with romantic nostalgia than anything else.

Time to bring back Broon

I agree. And if not Broon, then anyone else who can deliver the kind of sound quality that I would have thought the band would demand. They're perfectionists in so many ways, and expect so much of themselves and their playing, why would they settle for any less when it came to how the final product sounds? I'm no engineer or producer, (co-incidently my brother is) but to my ears, this, and other recent work of their has sounded sub-standard, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. Here's hoping the trend doesn't continue, as it'd be a shame if it did. The band deserves better.

Ive always thought, after MP how could you settle for any less of a drum sound. But with all these complications working with different people, and the fact theyve really gone back to their base inmstruments for the most part it just makes perfect sense

Haven't seen this yet but can I just say, I see some folks mentioning Neil's sound since he moved to DW and how Tama or Ludwig is better. the sound of Neil's drums is more to do with the live mix and or the way they're recorded because in all honesty a good sound engineer could make a sh*t drumkit sound awesome mic'd up & eq'd correctly. DW (& im not the owner of a DW kit) are one of the market leaders in drums and the yearning for kits of old are more to do with romantic nostalgia than anything else.

You are mostly correct but there are differences in shell tonal characteristics that come into the equation as well as drum head choice and tuning. I think mic's and eq's make more of a difference, but if you listen to some of the Counterparts tour videos there is an excitement from the Ludwig toms that I feel come from the shells themselves.(that flat out has been missing since Neil's switch to DW) I could be biased because I own a set of Ludwig Super Classics though:)

Most good drummers who have been around a while and have played lots of different drums will tell you DW's are just flat. Some have good tone. No punch and attack. Yamahas sound amazing. He should play those PHX kits. He would still sound the same I bet.

Most good drummers who have been around a while and have played lots of different drums will tell you DW's are just flat. Some have good tone. No punch and attack. Yamahas sound amazing. He should play those PHX kits. He would still sound the same I bet.

You are a lucky guy to have been able to meet and talk drums with most good drummers. Must have taken a lifetime...or two.

My point was a room and sound guy can make a drum sound totally different when mic'd up and or then recorded to what it sounds like just plain old acoustically so maybe something else has changed in the Neil/Rush camp that has changed the drum sound WE hear apart from the drum manufacturer!

I liked them, but I admit I'm juvenile with my humour! :LOL: Not so keen on the Family Guy one, though- not a great fan of Seth MacFarlane stuff. He's far too grown up for me! :P

not all that impressed by DW really. Maybe they were great at first, but what Ive seen and heard lately Im not blown away. I use some custom made drums for MY SHOW and they sound better than most drums I've ever heard or played. Ive played lower line Tamas that sound way flat too. A well made drum is a well made drum no matter who makes it. I have a nice set of old Pearls that are great to my ears.Its def true great mic'ing and engineering will make avg drums sound much better, but I dont agree that its largly nostalgia that makes people like old Ludwigs, they are truly great drums, I hope to grab a classic 70's set some day.

Watching now....about half way through and the audio for me is balanced, I can hear everything just fine. I guess it depends on your setup. One thing i will say, the playing is OUTSTANDING and Clockwork Angels (song) in my opinion sound like it was ment(engineered) to be played live.....WOW
  • Like 2