Anyone go to theater to see DVD

chemistry

Where I saw it, it was only the 2nd half. It was like they put the 2nd disc on or something....crowd was about 65% full in the theatre.

But at first, when it was the 2nd half video intro, then caravan...I was like WTF!?!, hoping they would put the first set on after the 2nd one was over...but they did not. The video was a little grainy...but wadda ya gonna do?

No one else seemed to care and/or realize that we missed out on over an hour of the show. Nowhere did it really say or hint that you'd only get part of the movie...it was over 2 hours, as they played the video tour documentary. But I am still pissed because I paid $30 for my son and i see what I had planned on being everything from subdivisions to grand finale, plus the extra tracks...guess that will wait till tonight when I get the freaking blu ray.

I hope I was not the only one in America who had this experience....

No one else seemed to care and/or realize that we missed out on over an hour of the show. Nowhere did it really say or hint that you'd only get part of the movie...it was over 2 hours, as they played the video tour documentary. But I am still pissed because I paid $30 for my son and i see what I had planned on being everything from subdivisions to grand finale, plus the extra tracks...guess that will wait till tonight when I get the freaking blu ray.

I hope I was not the only one in America who had this experience....

The description of the movie gave the time (2:25) and stated that the documentary would be shown. Your expectations were unrealistic.
  • Like 1

I just thought they were going to play it in different order to focus on the album and strings. I was kinda bummed when they went to the documentary instead of set one. Also, did anyone notice the music and video on Halo Effect was a bit "off" when they pulled back to show all three playing?

I attended with my daughter, and like everyone else, I was unhappily surprised to see them start with the post-intermission songs.

I was waiting for The Big Money to start the show.

90% of the theater treated it like a movie; the other 10% of us treated it like a concert.

Edited by No1RushFan

I saw it with firends and everyone thought it was awesome. I never knew they were just going to play the 2nd half, but was actually happy with that. I will get the blu ray to see the rest later and didn't want to be in a theator for 4 hours so I thought it was great. I've seen the tour twice and up close both times, but to be able to see the whole string section up close was spectacular. The documentary part was cool as well. Afterwards a crowd of people hung outside and talked and I made some new Rush friends as usual.

Well it looks like it was good that I did not go. I had to be at my percussion ensemble an hour after the show started, and I contemplated going to see the first set (since most of the songs in it were some of my favorites) but decided against it thinking that I would rather watch it all the way through. Good thing because if I paid the admission and Caravan started I would have been a tad bit ticked knowing I would have to leave around Seven Cities of Gold and would have paid to see the Big Money on the big screen just to not see it.

I attended with my daughter, and like everyone else, I was unhappily surprised to see them start with the post-intermission songs.

90% of the theater treated it like a movie; the other 10% of us treated it like a concert.

Didn't CA start with Subdivisions? :huh:

And anyone who was expecting three hours of music and then a documentary at a theater is nuts. I've seen the CA tour twice. I would rather get the documentary.

After reading a fair amount of post about the movie last night...I swear, there are a lot of Rush fans who enjoy whining way too much. :eyeroll:
  • Like 2

Well said, No1rushfan. My crowd was more like 95 - 5 but that is a good way to sum them up.

I was up in the front, so I couldn't tell how much the crowd was getting into it. I will say that the kids and I had a lot of fun throwing our fist up in the air during 2112. Especially my 7 year old son. He was really getting into that! :LOL:

I enjoyed it. Sound was ok to me. The CA material w/strings was what I wanted the most anyway. It was a fine experience for a lousy $12.50. Kinda surprised so many are so butt-hurt over it.
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it a lot, but I was sort of disappointed when they didn't play the first half. I knew when they started with Caravan that something wasn't right. I hoped that they would have played the first half after because I wanted to see them play Far Cry and Subdivisions. Hopefully I can get the dvd to see the first half.

We where 2 out of 25 here in Baton Rouge. The sound at the theatre was Amazing.

We saw them live 10 shows in 4 years and seeing them on the screen is 1 more way to get our fill of RUSH.

I was surprised to see such a diverse group of Rush Fans. I really thought the other patrons where at the wrong screen.

My wife and I treated it as a Live show. $12.50 is a very small price to pay for a Rush Concert.

Did you think they were showing the Power Windows tour?

Actually, that would have been the Hold Your Fire tour, as the PoW tour began with The Spirit of Radio.

As for the show itself, I'm not that disappointed they only did the second half of the show. It would have been great to see the first set in the theater, but watching the second set was amazing. I was getting very tired, so I didn't stick around for the documentary, but I enjoyed watching almost two hours of the band playing,.

Edited by CrimsonE

How awful that must have been for the rest of the audience, having a couple of lunatics in the front row yelling, screaming and air guitaring during a movie.

• Like 1