Disappointed about the concert experience, but...

LedRush

So, like many others, I was disappointed that the movie didn't have the first set and didn't have consistent sound. But I got home and find my blu-ray and cd waiting for me. All is right in the Rush world again.
  • Like 4

So by "all is right in the Rush world again," you mean that the bad sound was an issue with the screening, and not with the recording itself, yes?

I certainly hope so, because the sound at the screening I went to was so bad I got my money back, and wrote to Fathom Events to complain.

• Like 1

I went with the family and I enjoyed it as a novice when it comes to music in general and sound and editing stuff. My son is a musician and he said the sound wasn't very good. Something about the treble and the guitar etc blah blah blah. Also he didn't like the strings with YYZ being used as sort of a filler. I thought it was fun and the strings were a cool part of the show and their energy added something........... Thought the Blu-ray might be here when I got home but no dice. There is always tomorrow............. :dweez:

I played Snakes and Arrows live at home before taking the kids to warm them up. The sound on my home theater was better than what we heard at the theater. :(. I don't mind that the theater version was truncated. It's tough to sit through a three hour movie on a school night.

They didn't show the first set? Man, am I glad we skipped out on driving to Louisville for that!

Ya... I was kinda bummed I wasnt able to drive the 4 hours to Calgary to see it but now I'm not so bummed.

There were only about 15 or 20 people in the theater in Myrtle Beach SC including the 4 of us. That was actually kind of a bummer. I had checked the set list over a few times and was looking forward to it. I knew all of it was not on there from the 2:25 time frame. When it started and Clockwork Angels was the beginning, I was like WTF? The family that was with me doesn't really know that music. I enjoyed it but could tell until The Garden that they just tolerated the rest of it. How could you not love The Garden, right? Thankfully the older music ended the show and my family enjoyed that part. Anyway it was an experience, I will say that............. :yes:

I wish I could see them live for real. Its not happened yet! No one I know likes them, and I have lacked the funds this year! I am waiting for a dvd release that has amazing sound. I have Rush In Rio. Its awful to listen to! And the rest don't seem much better...am I wrong?

I wish I could see them live for real. Its not happened yet! No one I know likes them, and I have lacked the funds this year! I am waiting for a dvd release that has amazing sound. I have Rush In Rio. Its awful to listen to! And the rest don't seem much better...am I wrong?

You really can't compare Rush in Rio to any of the rest of them. It's the worst of the lot.

R30 and S&A are marvels in production, video and audio. Those are my recommendations.

Funny, I remember posting here in the S&A days and R30 got tons of crap for its production quality. I never saw the problem, but it's funny following TM and CA Live what people think now compared to six years ago.

I found that the sound was great in the theater, although Alex's guitar notes sounded a bit high during Carnies.

You know what I am going to suggest? Don't you? Look down just below this line and just to the left of the AC/DC album....................... :yes: :haz: You with thank me eventually
  • Like 1

R30 and S&A are marvels in production, video and audio. Those are my recommendations.

Funny, I remember posting here in the S&A days and R30 got tons of crap for its production quality. I never saw the problem, but it's funny following TM and CA Live what people think now compared to six years ago.

You hit the nail and the head with this. I couldn't agree more as it has been somewhat of a disappointment for me trying to really enjoy the TM & ClockWork Angels Blu Ray shows with theire great set lists and seeing how it is a step back in the wrong direction in the visual quality in the video production. Too bad, a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Another note for disappointment is the Extras, etc. really have lost the humor for me when compared to what's on S & A. I feel they are getting bogged down in being too formulaic and hopefully will have a complete departure from this in any future works if we are so lucky.

You hit the nail and the head with this. I couldn't agree more as it has been somewhat of a disappointment for me trying to really enjoy the TM & ClockWork Angels Blu Ray shows with theire great set lists and seeing how it is a step back in the wrong direction in the visual quality in the video production. Too bad, a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Another note for disappointment is the Extras, etc. really have lost the humor for me when compared to what's on S & A. I feel they are getting bogged down in being too formulaic and hopefully will have a complete departure from this in any future works if we are so lucky.

You know what struck me about the extras is that on S&A's they were more "adult oriented" whereas on CA's they're more preadolescent.

In my opinion, Different Stages had the best "live" sound. It had the heavy rawness of actually BEING there, but with a polished mixed. I would say Snakes & Arrows Live takes the 2nd Place title for best sounding live Rush album. :yes:

I like Time Machine much better, and Snakes and Arrows. My husband slams the Clockwork Angels DVD and says he could have made a better DVD with iPhone footage. :huh:

I love the CA tour setlist. But the DVD is....eh Too much quick cutting for me. It's maddening. Not as bad as Rio. But still makes me uncomfortable. Shame cause i'm an 80's Rush guy. This was a dream setlist.

Mick

• Like 1

I love the CA tour setlist. But the DVD is....eh Too much quick cutting for me. It's maddening. Not as bad as Rio. But still makes me uncomfortable. Shame cause i'm an 80's Rush guy. This was a dream setlist.

Mick

Exactly, it's kind of like watching Cloverfield all over again.

• Like 1

Mick

Exactly, it's kind of like watching Cloverfield all over again.

Yea......i'm gonna stick with just the live CD unfortunately. Much like the rio video......CA tour DVD is gonna become a shelfer sadly.