It's Official - Women Like To Be Told They Have Terrible Taste In Music By Men

Tony R

Women impressed by men who condemn their taste in music

WOMEN have confirmed that nothing gets them hotter than men vigorously criticising the music they listen to.

Hoping to attract a dominant prog rock fan?

Researchers at the Institute for Studies found that women experience strong sexual impulses towards men who glance through their iTunes playlist while mouthing the words ‘shit, shit, shit’.

When condemnation of their favourite artists is then followed up with recommendations of obscure beard rock albums, most women are unable to stop themselves initiating sexual intercourse.

Highly attractive woman Carolyn Ryan said: “When a guy asks me what’s on my iPod then tells me that I’ve been fooled into thinking I like Emeli Sandé by marketing, then he has my full attention, upstairs and downstairs.

“If he then proceeds to rank Radiohead albums from worst to best then it’s pretty much on, and we’re doing it while he’s explaining that Amnesiac is perennially underrated.”

Model Helen Archer agreed: “When I see men who nod their head attentively to the music but never, ever get on the dancefloor because music’s far too serious a passion for them, I immediately crave their genetic material.”

94% of women surveyed admitted that they couldn’t respect a man who didn’t launch into a rant about musical authenticity whenever he heard The Saturdays.

Dissenting voice Joanna Kramer said: “Obviously I know Katy Perry is shit. But it is much, much better for having a dance to on a Friday night than the collected catalogue of Rush.”

-----------------------

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/women-impressed-by-men-who-condemn-their-taste-in-music-2013111281089

C'mon you know it's true!

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 1

Had a good chuckle; thanks for the link!

What is pretty amusing is that during the first conversation I ever had with my husband- before we started dating- I mentioned how much I liked King Crimson. Think he pretty much fell for me then.

• Like 2

I don't know if I'd be turned on by a man insulting my taste in music. It's been pointed out to me more times than I care to remember that what I listen to isn't "typical" for a woman. And, it pisses me off sometimes to have to defend that. A lot of times, when someone looks at my playlist, they're like, "What the hell? Who are these bands?!?" :eh: I'll admit, it's fun to say, "Here, listen to this," and play Meshuggah into unsuspecting ears. ;)

I think I've had a lot of candles lit for me after pulling that stunt.

• Like 2

The more my husband tells me he doesn't like Lady Gaga the more I play Lady Gaga.
  • Like 2

I don't know if I'd be turned on by a man insulting my taste in music. It's been pointed out to me more times than I care to remember that what I listen to isn't "typical" for a woman. And, it pisses me off sometimes to have to defend that. A lot of times, when someone looks at my playlist, they're like, "What the hell? Who are these bands?!?" :eh: I'll admit, it's fun to say, "Here, listen to this," and play Meshuggah into unsuspecting ears. ;)

You try to pull that stunt on me, and your iPod gets flushed. Of course, I know who Meshuggah are and what they sound like (on your urging, come to think of it.) So there's still that score to settle.

You try to pull that stunt on me, and your iPod gets flushed. Of course, I know who Meshuggah are and what they sound like (on your urging, come to think of it.) So there's still that score to settle.

Oh, whatever, you big baby... :eyeroll:

This is usually my reaction to a girl who loves the same kind of music as I do

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/123/d/6/the_wolf_by_dayzeehead-d4yfuzg.gif

They are out there...just keep looking!

They must be. I keep looking but I always come to the conclusion that I was born in the wrong decade. Could be they're just hiding from me? :P

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/123/d/6/the_wolf_by_dayzeehead-d4yfuzg.gif

They must be. I keep looking but I always come to the conclusion that I was born in the wrong decade. Could be they're just hiding from me? :P

I love the same kind of music as you, but you never seem to notice me! :coy: :P

But you're not a girl. Or are you? :blink:

:musicnote: ​... you have entered the twilight zone ... :musicnote: :P

Yeah, I was last time I looked (although I know I do make jokes to the contrary, sometimes). I spend a lot of time in the 'Geddy is hot' thread! :cool:

• Like 2

I usually don't choose music by genre, but I do notice that too many people have the worst taste in everything due to their choice of style over substance. So instead of faking everything like they do, I just listen to the good stuff because I like it. Their loss, not mine.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was last time I looked (although I know I do make jokes to the contrary, sometimes). I spend a lot of time in the 'Geddy is hot' thread! :cool:

I noticed that too but didn't want to presume to make any judgments........ :P Edited by Narpet

I noticed that too but didn't want to presume to make any judgments........ :P

I am an axe murderer, though- just like everyone else on the internets. :yes:

Oh, whatever, you big baby... :eyeroll:

I have no idea who or what Meshuggah is, so that's me screwed...

• Like 1