New Interview with Geddy-eye opening!

Motorshooter

This is a clip from an interview with Geddy on Rush as a band and touring in the future

Toronto CA

Great White North Newspaper. Toronto Edition.

Interview Geddy Lee

Interviewer: Beatonto Seamaso

In a statement during an interview with GWN Newspaper reporter Beatonto Seamaso, Geddy Lee was asked his plans for recording and touring in 2014.

GL: I don’t see an album in the works anytime soon and a doubt the band (Rush) will tour at all in 2014, or 2015

BS: What about solo plans?

GL: I don’t have any solo plans at this time, but I have been approached by Marky Ramone about becoming the lead singer for the Ramones on a 2014 Reunion tour. That could be interesting

BS: The Ramones, do you even know any of their songs?

GL: Yes, I’ve always liked their tunes, R&R HS, the KKK Took My Baby Away, and Lobotomy. The band as a whole had a great deal of depth to their song writing, eh. A depth Rush could only dream about.

BS: Are you rehashing any tunes with Marky at this time?

GL: Yes, he’s been to my place here in Toronto several times to work out a few songs, we’ve asked Alex to play guitar with us, but he just can’t keep up with the manic pace of the song…..so Marky asked him to leave.

BS: What about Neil?

GL: What about Neil? He’s off in CA somewhere breaking the speed limits in his new Aston Martin, he doesn’t answer his cell anymore.

BS: So it’s just you and Marky right now?

GL: Yes, for now. Once I get the tunes worked out I’ll spend a month or two in NY to work the kinks out of the songs with the other guys. I only hope that I sound as good as Joey did….those are some big vocal shoes to fill. The long shaggy hair cut should be no prop…but that voice and stage mannerisms will be tough.

BS: Will this be a permanent gig between Rush tours.

GL: No, this could be a permanent gig in place of the Rush tour

BS: What, why…can you elaborate for our readers?

GL: Sure, Rush as a band has been hitting the tour road for 40 years, these last few years have been great…we released a great album (Clockwork Angels) but I’m really getting tired of these so called “fan-boys” trashing every performance we do. “I can’t sing, Alex missed a note…Neil dropped a stick” It’s the same shit every time. I’d like to see them (fan-boys) take on a year long tour and sound as good. Alex, Neil and I were hoping that the orchestra would play too load so you couldn’t hear our mistakes…but that didn’t happen, as for Neil dropping a stick…f**k! who hasn’t dropped a fork in a restaurant?

BS: Thanks for your time Geddy.

GL: No problem…its Mr. Lee to you.

Edited by Motorshooter
  • Like 6

Gotta get a subscription to that paper. Timely news, unafraid of the truth.

Agreed. I'm canceling my subscription to the Yukon Blade and picking up this one instead. I like how Geddy holds nothing back.

He's right. Just this morning, I dropped a fork. Let he who is amongst us that has never dropped an utensil, throw the first barb!

My only disappointment is that I thought for sure Geddy would be better doing Syd Vicious' old songs than that Ramone guy.

• Like 5

Wow much more in depth than the Yukon Blade articles. I'd like to subscribe as well. But forget all of that fan-boy nonsense, how does Geddy feel about his drooling legion of DD cup female fans that are appearing more and more in the front rows? Inquiring minds need to know.
  • Like 2

I find it hard to believe Alex couldn't handle the guitar parts for a ramones song so he was asked to leave.

*pffftttttttt* I can! Alex is only like #98 on Rolling Stone's best guitarist list.

• Like 1

About time too, Geddy should have joined a decent band years ago, as he indicated on the Colbert Report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btcvSWoQWV0

:laughing yellow guy:

I agree. Look at all of those wasted decades - DECADES I tell you - with that amateur Rush band. I know a guy that said they reached their apex in 1978 and that it was downhill from that point on. I agree with him.

I think Geddy made the right move. Maybe that Ramone guy can teach him how to finally play the bass.

• Like 2

In other Rush news, I just heard Alex is joining Three Dog Night for a few dates. Source? Same as the OP.

Groovy! He'll fit right in!

Yes. Let's ask better questions. As one of the DD girls I'd like to know how he feels about us girls in the audience.

:blush: :rose: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :rose:

Yes. Let's ask better questions. As one of the DD girls I'd like to know how he feels about us girls in the audience.

They did ask him but his excessive drool caused a short circuit in the mic and they had to cut the interview short. Just prior to the 'DD' question they did manage to ask how he felt about the 'B' cup fans to which he replied, "meh."
  • Like 1

They did ask him but his excessive drool caused a short circuit in the mic and they had to cut the interview short. Just prior to the 'DD' question they did manage to ask how he felt about the 'B' cup fans to which he replied, "meh."

In that case, maybe we fangirls are just the morale booster they need. Anyone want to start a "Send Rush Your Nudes" campaign?

• Like 1

In that case, maybe we fangirls are just the morale booster they need. Anyone want to start a "Send Rush Your Nudes" campaign?

I would be happy to organize it.......... :codger:

Is this open for everyone? Even us 'B' cup girls?!?! The guys are off for well over a year. They need to fill their time doing something. Edited by Janie
  • Like 2

Is this open for everyone? Even us 'B' cup girls?!?! The guys are off for well over a year. They need to fill their time doing something.

I don't see why not. Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 2

They're getting old, but they keep giving us what we want, it's stupid to be so overly critical. There are always people out there that are going to be overly critical. At the end of the day, there is such a strong fan base, I think it's just getting to his head, they all need a bit of a break. I'm almost certain after 40 years, as long as they can pick up their instruments, they'll be doing something Rush related. Long live Rush!
  • Like 1

Is this open for everyone? Even us 'B' cup girls?!?! The guys are off for well over a year. They need to fill their time doing something.

I don't see why not. Variety is the spice of life.

What she so eloquently said.......... :yes:
  • Like 1