BUB

123 members have voted

1. 1. Best of the last 5 albums?

• Counterparts
    • Test for echo
    • Vapor trails/ Vapor trails remix
    • Snakes & arrows
    • Clockwork angels

With Counterparts, Rush became a real rockband again, and the last 5 albums are connected that way. I know some of you may disagree and say Presto was the album that brougth the guys back, but i disagree. So Counterparts it is. But witch album do you prefere?

* Sorry by any mispelling, but it`s 03:15 at night, so i`m sleeepy :P

CA, by 12 orders of magnitude.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. Snakes & Arrows

3. Vapor Trails

4. Counterparts

5. Test for Echo

What he said....

You guys are crazy. Listen to the Vapor trails LOUD on headphones and tell me it's not the most inventive sounding rock record Rush produced post 1985. CA sounds like a fan service to 1970's fans because it is. Might be fancily arranged but it lacks the quirks and unique nature of VT. I love Counterparts but some songs in the middle can drag and the album sounds too "clean" at times for a proper rock record

• Like 1

This isn't even fair with Clockwork Angels in there. Its like comparing Moving Pictures to Presto. Anyway my list:

1. Clockwork Angels

2. Counterparts

3. Snake and Arrows

4. Vapor Trails (Remixed)

5. Test For Echo

It wouldn't be hard to make a setlist just out of those albums now that Clockwork Angels and VT (Remixed) are in the mix:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan (Album Version)

BU2B (Album Version) (Never Played Live)

Cut to the Chase (Never Played Live)

Sweet Miracle (Never Played Live)

Ceiling Unlimited (Solo Version) (Never Played Live)

Main Monkey Business

Test For Echo

Armor and Sword

Clockwork Angels

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Carnies

Way the Wind Blows

Vapor Trails (Never Played Live)

Alien Shore (Never Played Live)

The Wreckers

Cold Fire

The Garden

Mal-Nar/ Drum Solo

Hope/ Halo Effect

EarthShine

Seven Cities of Gold

One Little Victory (Solo Version) (Never Played Live)

Encore:

Stick it Out

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Headlong Flight

But why wait listen to Hope/ Halo Effect now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8tHsSgHo70

Swap out a few Clockwork angels/ SnA songs for Limbo, Workin' Them Angels and Secret Touch and that would be an incredible concert tracklist.

• Like 1

With Counterparts, Rush became a real rockband again, and the last 5 albums are connected that way. I know some of you may disagree and say Presto was the album that brougth the guys back, but i disagree. So Counterparts it is. But witch album do you prefere?

* Sorry by any mispelling, but it`s 03:15 at night, so i`m sleeepy :P

1. Clockwork Angels

2. Snakes & Arrows

3. Vapor Trails

4. Counterparts

5. Test for Echo

What he said....

You guys are crazy. Listen to the Vapor trails LOUD on headphones and tell me it's not the most inventive sounding rock record Rush produced post 1985. CA sounds like a fan service to 1970's fans because it is. Might be fancily arranged but it lacks the quirks and unique nature of VT. I love Counterparts but some songs in the middle can drag and the album sounds too "clean" at times for a proper rock record

I probably am just a crazy old man. I don't care for the production of any of them and have made no secret of that here. To much noise going on for my taste. As far as production goes, I would prefer to listen to their first album. Less is more. :blink: :wacko: Like I said just a crazy old school man here........... :codger:

This isn't even fair with Clockwork Angels in there. Its like comparing Moving Pictures to Presto. Anyway my list:

1. Clockwork Angels

2. Counterparts

3. Snake and Arrows

5. Test For Echo

It wouldn't be hard to make a setlist just out of those albums now that Clockwork Angels and VT (Remixed) are in the mix:

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan (Album Version)

Limbo / Main Monkey Business

Test For Echo

Way the Wind Blows / Working them Angels

Clockwork Angels

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Carnies

EarthShine

The Wreckers

Cold Fire

The Garden

Mal-Nar/ Drum Solo

Hope/ Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

Secret Touch

Encore:

Stick it Out

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Headlong Flight

Swap out a few Clockwork angels/ SnA songs for Limbo, Workin' Them Angels and Secret Touch and that would be an incredible concert tracklist.

I agree Secret Touch should have been in there , Actually I had it In and somehow misplaced it. Anyway I aim to please, Setlist altered.

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Why do I think Halo Effect is so great but it never get's much love? :huh: Jus say'in

Definitely deserves more love. Such good lyrics in that song.

Mixes well with Hope doesn't it? Halo Effect actually comes in at the 1:38 mark while Hope is still playing. Listen carefully!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Why do I think Halo Effect is so great but it never get's much love? :huh: Jus say'in

Mixes well with Hope doesn't it? Halo Effect actually comes in at the 1:38 mark while Hope is still playing. Listen carefully!

Nerd
  • Like 1

Nerd

I resemble that remark and he probably does too............. :d13:
  • Like 1

Nerd : Not even remotely disappointed :P

Hey been meaning to ask you...have you successfully chewed your food in 7/8 time yet? I can do it with the meter around 81. Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Hey been meaning to ask you this can you chew your food in 7/8 time yet? I can do it with the meter around 81.

That's pretty slow, even for you. Try it at 120 then call me!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Hey been meaning to ask you this can you chew your food in 7/8 time yet? I can do it with the meter around 81.

That's pretty slow, even for you!

sometimes I get lost. It's tough tp get the "down" chew right
  • Like 1

That's pretty slow, even for you!

sometimes I get lost. It's tough tp get the "down" chew right

Well there's your whole problem...your shouldn't be chewing .....tp . Specially touch tp ! :laughing guy:

Edited by losingit2k

1. Clockwork Angels

2. Counterparts

3. Snake and Arrows

5. Test For Echo

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan (Album Version)

Main Monkey Business

Test For Echo

Armor and Sword

Clockwork Angels

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Carnies

Way the Wind Blows

The Wreckers

Cold Fire

The Garden

Mal-Nar/ Drum Solo

Hope/ Halo Effect

EarthShine

Seven Cities of Gold

Encore:

Stick it Out

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Headlong Flight

I'm trying to think of a worse way to break up The Wreckers and The Garden, and I can only come up with Speed of Love. I love the enthusiasm though, and there are a lot of new songs that I'd love to hear live.

1. Clockwork Angels

2. Counterparts

3. Snake and Arrows

5. Test For Echo

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan (Album Version)

Main Monkey Business

Test For Echo

Armor and Sword

Clockwork Angels

Set 2:

The Anarchist

Carnies

Way the Wind Blows

The Wreckers

Cold Fire

The Garden

Mal-Nar/ Drum Solo

Hope/ Halo Effect

EarthShine

Seven Cities of Gold

Encore:

Stick it Out

Driven (With Bass Solo)

Headlong Flight

I'm trying to think of a worse way to break up The Wreckers and The Garden, and I can only come up with Speed of Love. I love the enthusiasm though, and there are a lot of new songs that I'd love to hear live.

Oh no.....anything but Speed of Love... Anything (Double Agent, Time and Motion, even Peaceable kingdom) but not Speed of Love. :no:

1.) Vapor Trails - Some of my all time favorites are on this album, with the remix it just got better. Also with fan remixes, the sound quality is not an issue. It's a great album.

2.) Counterparts - All songs on this album are awesome, this is the one Rush album that's on my phone, and has some of my favorites to drum to.

3.) Test for Echos - I can't stand how much hate this album gets, I love so many songs on this album and I really love the tour they went on for this album.

4.) Clockwork Angels - Still an amzing album, seeing it live was breath taking, not to mention I got to do it twice! This album will go down in the books as one of the best.

5.) Snakes and Arrows - I don't even dislike this album, it was my first ever Rush album, and I have great memories from it, it's just the one with the songs that stick with me the least, all 5 of these albums are great, and I could listen to them for ever. Long live Rush!

• Like 1

I couldn't possibly vote just yet, but I thought CA was for dead certain the winner...but I am playing Counterparts for the first time, and its potential to ultimately be a top three favourite is clear for all to see!

Wow...after having played PoW through Presto a lot in the last couple of days, it has to be said I was not expecting them to rock so hard on an early nineties release!

For now, its a toss between CA and CP. My first taste of VT will be in the form of the remix, and I will remain open minded when playing T4E and FB.

• Like 1

1.) Vapor Trails - Some of my all time favorites are on this album, with the remix it just got better. Also with fan remixes, the sound quality is not an issue. It's a great album.

2.) Counterparts - All songs on this album are awesome, this is the one Rush album that's on my phone, and has some of my favorites to drum to.

3.) Test for Echos - I can't stand how much hate this album gets, I love so many songs on this album and I really love the tour they went on for this album.

4.) Clockwork Angels - Still an amzing album, seeing it live was breath taking, not to mention I got to do it twice! This album will go down in the books as one of the best.

5.) Snakes and Arrows - I don't even dislike this album, it was my first ever Rush album, and I have great memories from it, it's just the one with the songs that stick with me the least, all 5 of these albums are great, and I could listen to them for ever. Long live Rush!

You're a better man than me for liking T4E so much.

It gets so much hate because after a wonderful 5-song start, it becomes a dumpster fire for three songs before rebounding to mediocrity for the last three.

At least, that's how us haters feel. Insert obligatory :finbar: here.