Clockwork Angels Live DVD preview streaming available soon (video)

The Analog Grownup

As I listened to a lot of the streaming audio, I thought to myself about the entire album streaming.. well this is too much; what's next: streaming dvd? :LOL:

Definitely taking a pass. My bluray on Tues is when I see it, and see it all for the first time. Except The Garden.. saw that video stream from RS. See what I mean? Too much!

I must resist! I am going Monday night with the whole family and I got notice yesterday that my order has been shipped............. :popcorn: :cheers: :clap:
  • Like 1

I clicked the link and it is playing now. It started during The Wreckers. Looks and sounds pretty darn good. I'll wait for the blu ray to watch the whole thing.

BTW, there was a headline in the crawl below the video that said Roger Waters is working on his first new album in 20 years so it was worth it to get that story.

Did....did they take some footage from audience bootlegs or were their cameras so heavy that they fell into the audience and required the shoulders of certain spectators for balance? These shots make me feel like this is made by some random youtube user who is very good at making bootlegs -- not the official band release. Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Did....did they take some footage from audience bootlegs or were their cameras so heavy that they fell into the audience and required the shoulders of certain spectators for balance? These shots make me feel like this is made by some random youtube user who is very good at making bootlegs -- not the official band release.

That's the only thing about this release that I'm not liking. Whoever was the DP (that's Director of Photography/Cinematographer) for this DVD made a rather dumb and unprofessional decision of getting one or two cameras in the audience section. That viewpoint adds nothing to the concert DVD experience for me in fact it detracts it. I want to see the band, but not from an audience's perspective (you're better off going to the concerts).

I was able to see them all once. Overall very good. The vocals on Middletown Dreams are somewhat poor. When I saw the CA setlist after opening night I thought that Middletown was a great song for his current voice. Was expecting that to be one of the better vocal performances on this release, but he's all over the place on this one.

Red Sector, Middletown and the Ged interview are still up at the site.

Yeah. He is really straining his voice on that one. In places it's hard to understand why. He does that in time stages still too, but for the high parts only. In Middletown he Appears to struggle. No wonder it was dropped more often than played.

Yeah. He is really straining his voice on that one. In places it's hard to understand why. He does that in time stages still too, but for the high parts only. In Middletown he Appears to struggle. No wonder it was dropped more often than played.

I'd have to go back and listen to boots/YouTube to see of he consistantly struggled with Middletown. He sounds great on The Pass and Manhattan.

Did....did they take some footage from audience bootlegs or were their cameras so heavy that they fell into the audience and required the shoulders of certain spectators for balance? These shots make me feel like this is made by some random youtube user who is very good at making bootlegs -- not the official band release.

I don't like this aspect either. Don't appreicate the meta thing going on with the the cameraman filming a fan filming the band.

And this is just a personal thing, but they should have caught Neil tossing his stick before the outtro to The Big Money. I know we've seen it plenty of times already, but i view that as kind of a touchstone that shouldn't have been messed with. Some shots did work rather well, but more often than not I didn't think many did. The behind the scenes stuff is great though.

Edited by ytserush

I don't like this aspect either. Don't appreicate the meta thing going on with the the cameraman filming a fan filming the band.

And this is just a personal thing, but they should have caught Neil tossing his stick before the outtro to The Big Money. I know we've seen it plenty of times already, but i view that as kind of a touchstone that shouldn't have been messed with. Some shots did work rather well, but more often than not I didn't think many did. The behind the scenes stuff is great though.

Do you already have the DVD or the Blu-ray to know about the behind the scenes stuff?

I've watched through the Middletown Dreams and Red Sector A clips from YouTube and I've mellowed down considerably on my critical opinion of the video aspect of CWA Tour. Doesn't mean I've gone full circle and think everything's "Wow!" and "Perfect!" cause I still think the visual presentation is the weakest aspect of the concert portion of the DVD. Make no mistake, I will say that regardless of its flaws, I'm happy that this whole release is happening to begin with and I'll try very hard to not be very picky about camera and editing work when my (deluxe edition) copy arrives whenever it dispatches from Rush Backstage.