Finally After All Of These Years I Am In Love With "Relayer" By Yes! Hope To Type With You "Soon!"

RUSHHEAD666

It took me a few decades to finally fall in love with "Relayer."

I know there are a shitload of Yes Threads on here but I just wanted to let some of you know that this album is fukking EPIC!

I love the remaster with the bonus tracks. Even Atlantic turned "Soon" into a single.

Why not right? Howe's guitar on this song makes my eyes water.

"Relayer" RULES!

Perhaps I need to give "Tales From Topographic Oceans" another spin.

I know it's a masterpiece but I have never fallen for it.

The Holidays are coming "Soon."

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Xmas.

Cheers!

Rushhead

"My Name Is Earl"

:cosmo: :cosmo: :martini: :martini: :martini: :cosmo: :cosmo: :cosmo:

• Like 4

"Soon" is absolutely beautiful. I hear it mostly when I listen to Yes Years 3. Soon, Wondrous Stories, and Awaken all in a row. It is emotional and will bring goosebumps to your goosebumps for sure................ :ebert: :yes:
  • Like 1

Never listened to yes . where shall I start?

Start with Fragile. Their strongest lineup played on that one, and the songs, while providing a taste of the band's ambitiousness, are easy to get into. Then get Close to the Edge (insanely good album) and The Yes Album.

The Yes Album

Close To The Edge

Relayer

Fragile

Going For The One

You can pick any one of those 5 and it would be a good place to start. I guess choose The Yes Album, or Fragile first then pick any of the others.

Going For The One and Tormato are my favorites if it means anything to you.............. :codger:

Edit: I just read up the thread some. I am going to defer to Cyclonus X-1 on this one.... From his posts, which I enjoy reading, he appears to be the foremost authority on the subject of Yes on the forum. :notworthy: BTW, you are in for quite a discovery

Edited by Narpet

It's a true metal classic! The way you want to crank it up!

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Hi Pat! Hope all is well with you too. I hope the Saints CRUSH the Whiners!! Colin Sackernick is a BUST!

YES RULES!

Hey Earl, how are things?

We owe the Winos for last two times. I think we should win, hopefully we'll rack up another 40 burger and send Jim Hardon into apoplectic shock! :smoke:

My favorite Yes album (pretty much in a tie with CTTE)

Only took me until 1990 to love it.

Hahaha! I'm 45 years old now. Damn! I bought a black 1990 Mustang 5.0 GT in 1990. I hated "Relayer" back then.

Now it's 2013 and I love it.

Fukk, I listened to "Topographic Oceans" today in my car during my commute. I listened to it twice. I think the album is very easy on the ears.

It's EPIC!

Hi Pat! Hope all is well with you too. I hope the Saints CRUSH the Whiners!! Colin Sackernick is a BUST!

YES RULES!

We owe the Winos for last two times. I think we should win, hopefully we'll rack up another 40 burger and send Jim Hardon into apoplectic shock! :smoke:

Thanks for asking buddy.

I've got a lot going on. Mostly positive but some negative shit going on to. Don't want to type about it on a public forum.

Perhaps we can chat in a pm but I really to have too much to type. I would prefer to call you but not sure if we can connect.

Saints better destroy the Niners. They are so lame. I love the Panthers now!!

Cheers!

Relayer is a FINE album. To Be Over is divine.

HEY EARL!

Hello my Long Distant Roundabout Friend! I know the years are flying by but I am not a fuckking flake.

We will meet in Ireland some year!!

I know that you love to run. I've been walking 3 miles a day and doing some lifting. Very minor though. I don't want to look like John Petrucci! LOL!!!!!

I've been playing my drums for 30 minutes a day too. I feel so good again on the skins.

I need to find a fuckking band! I'm "HOT 'N READY!"

Love To Love,

UFO

YES RULES!

Thanks for asking buddy.

I've got a lot going on. Mostly positive but some negative shit going on to. Don't want to type about it on a public forum.

Perhaps we can chat in a pm but I really to have too much to type. I would prefer to call you but not sure if we can connect.

Cheers!

Colin "Gonzo from the Muppets" Krapperlick is gonna spend more time on his arse in this game than he spent on twitter last night getting "motivation"!!

I'll send you a PM mate!

The Yes Album

Close To The Edge

Relayer

Fragile

Going For The One

You can pick any one of those 5 and it would be a good place to start. I guess choose The Yes Album, or Fragile first then pick any of the others.

Going For The One and Tormato are my favorites if it means anything to you.............. :codger:

Edit: I just read up the thread some. I am going to defer to Cyclonus X-1 on this one.... From his posts, which I enjoy reading, he appears to be the foremost authority on the subject of Yes on the forum. :notworthy: BTW, you are in for quite a discovery

"Going For The One" was another one of those YES albums that never really turned me on.

Then just this year I saw them perform it live all the way through and my mind was fukking blown!

It's amazing to type this in 2013 but finally YES is becoming one of my all time favorite bands.

I always "liked" this band and I would always buy every release but I was never really in tune with them.

Finally I think I have falling "Into The Lens."

YES RULES!

Thanks for asking buddy.

Cheers!

Colin "Gonzo from the Muppets" Krapperlick is gonna spend more time on his arse in this game than he spent on twitter last night getting "motivation"!!

I'll send you a PM mate!

Hahahaha!! Ok buddy! Sounds good! Colin KRAPERDICK WILL BE DESTROYED ON THAT CARPET!

Great memories listening to this album when it first came out. :smoke: Howe on Gates = goose bumps

I was at this show... It was broadcasted on WNEW radio NYC.. Check out Steve Howe on Gates of Delirium on this. Steel guitar is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYx7ik-btYo

Edited by custom55