Which studio album should I get next?

Counterpwnt

Hi everyone. I'm a big fan, but I don't have all the studio albums yet.

I have Rush, Caress of Steel, Fly By Night, 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones, Clockwork Angels, and Vapor Trails: Remixed. Assuming I could only buy one more for a while, which is the most integral addition?

Thanks. :)

I have Rush, Caress of Steel, Fly By Night, 2112, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones, Clockwork Angels, and Vapor Trails: Remixed. Assuming I could only buy one more for a while, which is the most integral addition?

A Farewell to Kings

• Like 6

A Farewell to Kings

A Farewell to Kings

This ^^

Hello neighbor! I was living in Malden, now I'm in West Newton. Anyway, "A Farewell to Kings" as others have pointed out is your next album of choice. It's on par with Hemispheres as a type of music and album.

Looks like you're only missing Counterparts and Test for Echo. Neither are faves of mine personally, but I'd say Counterparts would be next.

All the World's a Stage?

Thanks Goose for that post. The first album I ever bought and still my favorite to this day. He did specify " studio album ", but no Rush fan should be without their quintessential live album....... I would purchase this long before any of the others you are missing......Just my opinion....... :yes:
  • Like 2

All the World's a Stage?

Thanks Goose for that post. The first album I ever bought and still my favorite to this day. He did specify " studio album ", but no Rush fan should be without their quintessential live album....... I would purchase this long before any of the others you are missing......Just my opinion....... :yes:

:goodone: While the other albums (S&A and CP, especially) are worthgetting, All the World... is essential. It's that good.

• Like 1

All The World...right...that will my next purchase methinks!
  • Like 1

Buckle your seat belt cause you're going for a sweet ride............. :haz: :rush:

Buckle your seat belt cause you're going for a sweet ride............. :haz: :rush:

Is it really worth getting over all the albums from HYF through to FB? I am intrigued...I'm hoping to save enough money for the new boxset plus HYF but am holding back coz I am a bit strapped fo cash and need to choose carefully...

Is it really worth getting over all the albums from HYF through to FB? I am intrigued...I'm hoping to save enough money for the new boxset plus HYF but am holding back coz I am a bit strapped fo cash and need to choose carefully...

Just my opinion....... I have made no secret of the fact that I really don't care for their post 85' to at least Vapor Trails period. I may the wrong person to ask. All I know is "All The World's A Stage" represents my favorite band, at their best, just reaching their prime. It is live and sounds raw and untouched. My first album purchase when I was 16 and still the best album purchase I have made in my life. It will take you back to what it might have been like for an old - timer like me to experience them live way back in the day.......... :codger: :haz:

Just my opinion....... I have made no secret of the fact that I really don't care for their post 85' to at least Vapor Trails period. I may the wrong person to ask. All I know is "All The World's A Stage" represents my favorite band, at their best, just reaching their prime. It is live and sounds raw and untouched. My first album purchase when I was 16 and still the best album purchase I have made in my life. It will take you back to what it might have been like for an old - timer like me to experience them live way back in the day.......... :codger: :haz:

Seems when it comes to Rush we have similar taste! I think I should give it a try next...

Totally agree on the HYF through T4E releases. Of the studio albums the OP doesn't have, I would say A Farewell to Kings (which I frankly think is overrated around here, but it's essential) or Snakes and Arrows (which I think catches more flak than it deserves) are the best of the rest.

Totally agree on the HYF through T4E releases. Of the studio albums the OP doesn't have, I would say A Farewell to Kings (which I frankly think is overrated around here, but it's essential) or Snakes and Arrows (which I think catches more flak than it deserves) are the best of the rest.

He states later in the thread that he has A Farewell To Kings already. As my tat denotes it is my favorite studio album and the first " new release " by the band I ever purchased. That is probably one of the reasons that it is my favorite. It just holds a special place in my heart that will never be replaced by any album by any band.......... :heart: :rush: