TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

:sigh: No manager in sight. I've been told he won't be back until Monday morning. So I went for a little walk and felt sorry for myself. While out strolling, I picked up a fifty pound bag of walnuts for Goobs since I remembered he likes shelling them.

I'm the nicest person I know. :hug2:

• Like 2

:sigh: No manager in sight. I've been told he won't be back until Monday morning. So I went for a little walk and felt sorry for myself. While out strolling, I picked up a fifty pound bag of walnuts for Goobs since I remembered he likes shelling them.

Do you need a hand (or claw) for shelling walnuts? :D

• Like 2

You shouldn't have bought walnuts. I saw a lot of walnut trees growing behind the Huguenot last night when I was out in the woods picking up firewood. I got lost tromping around out there. How far out in the sticks is this place?

• Like 1

The devil has been hard at work here in the Eternal City .

Here is a dialogue that went on between Sister Rosalia and me the other day:

«She’s a turncoat! She’s a banderuola! She wouldn’t come to Rome because of that wretched Michael Jackson doll and now she’s left it behind like nothing and is going to Canada! And now all they talk about is hot tubs!!».

Sister Rosalia grabbed one of the seven broadswords by her desk and DANG! on my head.

(insert you best death metal growl here).

DANG! Another.

«Heck, Sister! Why do you beat me?».

«I’m not beating you. I’m beating the devil».

Just like that, Sister Rosalia used the favourite phrase of one of Italy’s most beloved Saints, Filippo “The Good” Neri, bringing me back to my senses. What did I just say! Blaming a fellow Rush fan! How will she ever forgive me?

«Now go back to your cell room and pray».

That’s right: I’m occupying the room cell meant for Lorraine, at the Monastery of The Sisters of Mercy of The Blessed Virgin of the Seven Great Pains. It felt the right thing to do, to bring a kind of closure to this thing, whatever it is. So here I am, neglecting job, family, friends, on a spiritual journey I felt I didn't need. But as man is so easily played for a fool by the Enemy, turned out I was oh so wrong.

Just the other night, Sister Rosalia came to wake me from deep sleep meditation: «Got a surprise for you!».

And what do you know, I was allowed to meet again Francesco "Big Guy" Bergoglio!

And not only meet him, but join him in one of his night patrols.

You read it right: just these days it has slipped to the Italian media that Francis is so badass that he goes on night secret missions, Batman-style, to help the poor and the powerless. Pope by day and Justicer by night, Francis prowls the streets of Rome with a couple of trusted guards, an accountant and, for this time only, your humble reporter, giving money and comfort to bums and relicts.

The thing the media doesn't know, is that Francesco has a Rush mix tape on the car for these missions! A playlist that comprises One Little Victory, Secret Touch, Far Cry, Out of the Cradle, Nocturne, Working Them Angels, Headlong Flight, Seven Cities of Gold, Caravan and The Garden. Apparently the Pope is all about NEW Rush.

«Living in the past is the work of the devil!» said to me Big Guy, from the passenger seat, as if reading my thoughts.

Even weirder is the fact that, interspected between songs, is the Batman 60s tv theme, and more than once I caught the Pope himself nodding "Nananananananaaaa..." during our night cruise in the dark cobbled streets of the City of Power.

Francis is not the first one to do so. Back in the XVII century, at the time of Filippo Neri, Pope Sisto V, the one who built the actual Cathedral of Saint Peter, a dark and strong figure who went by the nickname "The one that won't forgive even Jesus Christ", used to wonder these same streets camouflaged as a Friar, just to hear what the people were saying and what they thought about him.

But Francis is all about charity. He never showed himself, hidden in the car, and sent the accountant to give 50, 100 euros to the barboni we met. It's stark winter here, the night is cold and unforgiving. But with Francis patrolling the streets, and One Little Victory in the background, even this razor-sharp hopelessness was somehow tamed. A sense of something bigger awoke inside me. The petty revenges, putting the blame on others, the dismal Thistle Dew, the horrors of Neverland Ranch, all melted away in a warm wave of love. The only sting that remained was the thought of Goober calling VTR a polished turd.

«And about that guy, you know, the Goober...» said the Pope to me, when they brought me back.

«Yes, your grace?».

«I have a phone call with Rob Ford scheduled for monday morning».

And just like that the Batmobile car screeeched off, leaving your humble reporter in even greater awe.

«Wha... you have...?».

Great figures walk the earth again. Sir Isaac Newton used to say that we can see so far because we are standing on the shoulder of giants, but of one thing I am sure: the other night I walked (figuratively speaking) with a giant.

And for now your humble reporter from Rome signs off, begging charity for himself and his wicked thoughts, asking forgiveness to Lorraine, Tom and Substance for daring to pass judgement. Never again!

SLAM! The room cell door closes.

Edited by H. P. L.
  • Like 3

«She’s a turncoat! She’s a banderuola! She wouldn’t come to Rome because of that wretched Michael Jackson doll and now she’s left it behind like nothing and is going to Canada! And now all they talk about is hot tubs!!».

Sister Rosalia grabbed one of the seven broadswords by her desk and DANG! on my head.

DANG! Another.

Just like that, Sister Rosalia used the favourite phrase of one of Italy’s most beloved Saints, Filippo “The Good” Neri, bringing me back to my senses. What did I just say! Blaming a fellow Rush fan! How will she ever forgive me?

That’s right: I’m occupying the room cell meant for Lorraine, at the Monastery of The Sisters of Mercy of The Blessed Virgin of the Seven Great Pains. It felt the right thing to do, to bring a kind of closure to this thing, whatever it is. So here I am, neglecting job, family, friends, on a spiritual journey I felt I didn't need. But as man is so easily played for a fool by the Enemy, turned out I was oh so wrong.

Just the other night, Sister Rosalia came to wake me from deep sleep meditation: «Got a surprise for you!».

And what do you know, I was allowed to meet again Francesco "Big Guy" Bergoglio!

You read it right: just these days it has slipped to the Italian media that Francis is so badass that he goes on night secret missions, Batman-style, to help the poor and the powerless. Pope by day and Justicer by night, Francis prowls the streets of Rome with a couple of trusted guards, an accountant and, for this time only, your humble reporter, giving money and comfort to bums and relicts.

The thing the media doesn't know, is that Francesco has a Rush mix tape on the car for these missions! A playlist that comprises One Little Victory, Secret Touch, Far Cry, Out of the Cradle, Nocturne, Working Them Angels, Headlong Flight, Seven Cities of Gold, Caravan and The Garden. Apparently the Pope is all about NEW Rush.

«Living in the past is the work of the devil!» said to me Big Guy, from the passenger seat, as if reading my thoughts.

Even weirder is the fact that, interspected between songs, is the Batman 60s tv theme, and more than once I caught the Pope himself nodding "Nananananananaaaa..." during our night cruise in the dark cobbled streets of the City of Power.

Francis is not the first one to do so. Back in the XVII century, at the time of Filippo Neri, Pope Sisto V, the one who built the actual Cathedral of Saint Peter, a dark and strong figure who went by the nickname "The one that won't forgive even Jesus Christ", used to wonder these same streets camouflaged as a Friar, just to hear what the people were saying and what they thought about him.

But Francis is all about charity. He never showed himself, hidden in the car, and sent the accountant to give 50, 100 euros to the barboni we met. It's stark winter here, the night is cold and unforgiving. But with Francis patrolling the streets, and One Little Victory in the background, even this razor-sharp hopelessness was somehow tamed. A sense of something bigger awoke inside me. The petty revenges, putting the blame on others, the dismal Thistle Dew, the horrors of Neverland Ranch, all melted away in a warm wave of love. The only sting that remained was the thought of Goober calling VTR a polished turd.

«And about that guy, you know, the Goober...» said the Pope to me, when they brought me back.

«Yes, your grace?».

And just like that the Batmobile car screeeched off, leaving your humble reporter in even greater awe.

«Wha... you have...?».

Great figures walk the earth again. Sir Isaac Newton used to say that we can see so far because we are standing on the shoulder of giants, but of one thing I am sure: the other night I walked (figuratively speaking) with a giant.

And for now your humble reporter from Rome signs off, begging charity for himself and his wicked thoughts, asking forgiveness to Lorraine, Tom and Substance for daring to pass judgement. Never again!

Pope Francis is such a badass. What doesn't he do?
  • Like 2

DANG! Another.

«Yes, your grace?».

«Wha... you have...?».

Don't despair yet, H.P.L. I have a feeling that the Monastery of The Sisters of Mercy of The Blessed Virgin of the Seven Great Pains will begin to look very tempting to Lorraine after a few days at the Huguenot.

• Like 3

DANG! Another.

«Yes, your grace?».

«Wha... you have...?».

Good Little Phil, ora pro nobis. And Goobs too.

Caio (I forgot how to spell it - mea culpa - you know what I mean)

• Like 2

Don't despair yet, H.P.L. I have a feeling that the Monastery of The Sisters of Mercy of The Blessed Virgin of the Seven Great Pains will begin to look very tempting to Lorraine after a few days at the Huguenot.

Quite right, Substance. In fact, I just got back from the airport and have my ticket to Rome in hand.

I had to use the "facilities" at the Huguenot in the middle of the night. Enough said. I'm leaving Goobs to his shelling and I'm off to milder climes.

Here's hoping HPL can get me a private audience with Francis. I have a few things to say to him. :rage:

I'll bring everyone back Gregorian Chant CDs from the Vatican Giftshop. It's the least I can do.

• Like 3

Quite right, Substance. In fact, I just got back from the airport and have my ticket to Rome in hand.

I had to use the "facilities" at the Huguenot in the middle of the night. Enough said. I'm leaving Goobs to his shelling and I'm off to milder climes.

Here's hoping HPL can get me a private audience with Francis. I have a few things to say to him. :rage:

I'll bring everyone back Gregorian Chant CDs from the Vatican Giftshop. It's the least I can do.

This time call me AFTER you've passed the gate, so I'll be waiting at Fiumicino with the right hopes. Sister Rosalia said Hi.

• Like 3

This time call me AFTER you've passed the gate, so I'll be waiting at Fiumicino with the right hopes. Sister Rosalia said Hi.

Tell Sister it is only her prayers that will get me to Fiiumicino. Oh! One more thing. Tell her to make use of her Vatican contacts to get me a private audience with Francis. I'll make my plea for Goobs in person.

• Like 2

Yukon Blade Grinder Exclusive:

Metal Damnation via

The Orbit Room

Toronto

Canada Braces for Impact

The Yukon Blade Grinder knows a thing or two about pressure. It thrives on deadlines. With a howling press surrounding Canada’s biggest international to-do since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremonies, the arrival of Rush Goober has certainly caused a deafening uproar in her greatest city. The Blade Grinder is on the set, prepared for the money shot, and ready for the director to yell action!

Toronto, home of Anthem Entertainment, has literally transformed itself to show an even greater measure of support for their most beloved export, and national treasure. Oh, how the legend is growing. As if images on postage stamps and currency weren’t enough, the band now ascends to a higher level of prominence in Canada’s history with the trial of the millennia. Nowhere in her lengthy history can one remember circumstances such as this, save the great “Otter Pelt” rebellion of 1785. Freshly obtained from the states with little or no trouble at all, the perpetrator of the most heinous of crimes is now in the Great White North.

Pope Francis gave the now legendary homily that bridged all faiths last Sunday. Delivering the ultimate Rush tribute entitled “Closer to our Hearts” from the balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica. The Sermon on Mount Nerd opened up the minds and conscience of the world regarding the depraved phenomenon of “Impersonating a Rush fan”. A papal decree is no laughing matter, regardless of which belief system one endorses intellectually. As Pope Francis stood in plain view for the masses to see, he lit an international firestorm that is now burning hotter than ever, with the epicenter residing in a jail cell in downtown Toronto. One can honestly say that when you get the attention of the big guy of Vatican City, something is on the horizon.

Seizing the moment and gaining points with his new political football on the opposite side of the Atlantic, Toronto city mayor Rob Ford was all too happy to jump on this gravy train with biscuit wheels. A press conference set for Friday promises to be HUGE—no pun intended. Since media reports surfaced from Santa Barbara about the extradition, the media has now shifted locations.

The weekend news cycle has been somewhat slow since last Friday’s news dump. However, The Yukon Blade Grinder did get a sniff as to the word on the street surrounding this case without even seeking it out. One of Canada’s most famous hangouts, the Orbit Room, had a band onstage Saturday night that paid homage to your humble news outlet, while roasting the Goobs.

The Crotch Crickets of East Tennessee is their name, but for that gig, they dubbed themselves “The Yukon Blade Grinders 5”. Sporting one of the biggest mullets Canada has seen in some time, guitarist Rolph De’dawg said “anything we can do show solidarity with Canada, we’ll do it! Dishing Vapor Trails is just plain wrong!” after a sweaty night of East TN ass kicking. That’s the spirit young man—Welcome to the Great White North.

Admittedly all-American, but now honorary Canucks, the Crotch Crickets doled out their own brand of molten metal, dedicating three songs to the damnation of Canada’s most notorious criminal. The songs were indicative of the current national vibe—a Judas Priest cover, “Between Hammer and Anvil”, an instrumental called “South of the Belt Buckle”—written by the band that day, and the Queen classic “Stone Cold Crazy” a la Metallica. The misfit collection of talented guitarists and a relentless rhythm section showed they belong in Maple Leaf country.

Always eager to help musicians get their name out, the YBG was given a video clip by security to share for all of Blade Grinder Nation to see. Here’s a link to the event as it ended:

Now, as we see the tidal wave of support approaching one must wonder—how is this going to end? The YBG is not speculating, but the Grinders have dropped the hammer on the anvil. We believe Mayor Ford will do the same on Friday. Until then, enjoy the Crotch Crickets, er, the Yukon Blade Grinders 5, froth of anger directed at Rush T. Goober…it’s just plain crazy!

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 8

Here are the lyrics for the Priest song—pretty slamming

Glenn Tipton, Rob Halford & K.K. Downing]

Storm warning

But there's no fear

Lies forming

The sacrament lays bare

The sinner

Will testify

They'll suffer

When sacrificed on high

The burning sermons purge their evil words

Between the Hammer and the Anvil

Force rises

False rituals

Baptises

The body and the soul

Our union

Their fall from grace

Confession (confess your sins)

Will seal them to their fate

The burning sermons will survive their curse

Transgression

They prey on grief

Our mission

To purify belief

This altar

Gives power and light

They'll falter

While we are shining bright

The burning sermons consecrate their sin

Storm warning

But there's no fear

• Like 1

The Crotch Crickets of East Tennessee is their name, but for that gig, they dubbed themselves “The Yukon Blade Grinders 5”. Sporting one of the biggest mullets Canada has seen in some time, guitarist Rolph De’dawg said “anything we can do show solidarity with Canada, we’ll do it! Dishing Vapor Trails is just plain wrong!” after a sweaty night of East TN ass kicking. That’s the spirit young man—Welcome to the Great White North

:LOL: :lol: The above is one of those things that I will think about and start laughing at the oddest times and the strangest places. :LOL: :lol:

Poor Goobs is in for it now. Maybe we should see about body guards for him? :unsure:

• Like 1

Yukon Blade Grinder Exclusive:

Metal Damnation via

The Orbit Room

Toronto

Canada Braces for Impact

The Yukon Blade Grinder knows a thing or two about pressure. It thrives on deadlines. With a howling press surrounding Canada’s biggest international to-do since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremonies, the arrival of Rush Goober has certainly caused a deafening uproar in her greatest city. The Blade Grinder is on the set, prepared for the money shot, and ready for the director to yell action!

Toronto, home of Anthem Entertainment, has literally transformed itself to show an even greater measure of support for their most beloved export, and national treasure. Oh, how the legend is growing. As if images on postage stamps and currency weren’t enough, the band now ascends to a higher level of prominence in Canada’s history with the trial of the millennia. Nowhere in her lengthy history can one remember circumstances such as this, save the great “Otter Pelt” rebellion of 1785. Freshly obtained from the states with little or no trouble at all, the perpetrator of the most heinous of crimes is now in the Great White North.

Pope Francis gave the now legendary homily that bridged all faiths last Sunday. Delivering the ultimate Rush tribute entitled “Closer to our Hearts” from the balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica. The Sermon on Mount Nerd opened up the minds and conscience of the world regarding the depraved phenomenon of “Impersonating a Rush fan”. A papal decree is no laughing matter, regardless of which belief system one endorses intellectually. As Pope Francis stood in plain view for the masses to see, he lit an international firestorm that is now burning hotter than ever, with the epicenter residing in a jail cell in downtown Toronto. One can honestly say that when you get the attention of the big guy of Vatican City, something is on the horizon.

Seizing the moment and gaining points with his new political football on the opposite side of the Atlantic, Toronto city mayor Rob Ford was all too happy to jump on this gravy train with biscuit wheels. A press conference set for Friday promises to be HUGE—no pun intended. Since media reports surfaced from Santa Barbara about the extradition, the media has now shifted locations.

The weekend news cycle has been somewhat slow since last Friday’s news dump. However, The Yukon Blade Grinder did get a sniff as to the word on the street surrounding this case without even seeking it out. One of Canada’s most famous hangouts, the Orbit Room, had a band onstage Saturday night that paid homage to your humble news outlet, while roasting the Goobs.

The Crotch Crickets of East Tennessee is their name, but for that gig, they dubbed themselves “The Yukon Blade Grinders 5”. Sporting one of the biggest mullets Canada has seen in some time, guitarist Rolph De’dawg said “anything we can do show solidarity with Canada, we’ll do it! Dishing Vapor Trails is just plain wrong!” after a sweaty night of East TN ass kicking. That’s the spirit young man—Welcome to the Great White North.

Admittedly all-American, but now honorary Canucks, the Crotch Crickets doled out their own brand of molten metal, dedicating three songs to the damnation of Canada’s most notorious criminal. The songs were indicative of the current national vibe—a Judas Priest cover, “Between Hammer and Anvil”, an instrumental called “South of the Belt Buckle”—written by the band that day, and the Queen classic “Stone Cold Crazy” a la Metallica. The misfit collection of talented guitarists and a relentless rhythm section showed they belong in Maple Leaf country.

Always eager to help musicians get their name out, the YBG was given a video clip by security to share for all of Blade Grinder Nation to see. Here’s a link to the event as it ended:

https://www.youtube....e&v=WPUGvlcXLjk

Now, as we see the tidal wave of support approaching one must wonder—how is this going to end? The YBG is not speculating, but the Grinders have dropped the hammer on the anvil. We believe Mayor Ford will do the same on Friday. Until then, enjoy the Crotch Crickets, er, the Yukon Blade Grinders 5, froth of anger directed at Rush T. Goober…it’s just plain crazy!

Bump