Name one band that has created an album as good as Clockwork Angels 40 years into their career

losingit2k

Miles Davis- Bitches Brew

Black Sabbath- 13 (I'm not a fan...but people raved about it like it was still 1970)

Bruce Springsteen- Wrecking Ball

Black Sabbath 13 is a pile of camel poo...awful dirges

Now now... it's Tony showing the world how it's done. I can't believe a progressive paper like yours would side with the haters' side. Seriously considering ending my subscription to the YBG.

:P :P :P :P :P

I listened to the album 4 times...I tried bro, seriously tried to enjoy it. What's your favorite cut?

Nah, songwise is difficult... I just focus on the guitar work. The vocals and drums are abysmal.

• Like 1

Black Sabbath- 13 (I'm not a fan...but people raved about it like it was still 1970)

Black Sabbath 13 is a pile of camel poo...awful dirges

Now now... it's Tony showing the world how it's done. I can't believe a progressive paper like yours would side with the haters' side. Seriously considering ending my subscription to the YBG.

:P :P :P :P :P

I listened to the album 4 times...I tried bro, seriously tried to enjoy it. What's your favorite cut?

Nah, songwise is difficult... I just focus on the guitar work. The vocals and drums are abysmal.

That's what I mean...songs were hard to enjoy. Guitar sounded fine and dandy.

Good call on Springsteen. Wrecking Ball is quite rightly heralded as being one of his very best.

Its a good album, but it really truly has very few memorable tracks. This Depression and Land of Hope and Dreams are the best Tracks on that album.

Again, matter of opinion. I thought "This Depression" ruined the album in terms of quality and was by far the worse thing on the album. Although I would agree that LOHAD is one of the best. I've said it many times - the world is a great big place, and it's a GOOD thing that we all have so many different tastes. How boring would it be if we all liked the same things?

For the record (pardon the pun), I'm really enjoying Scott Stapp's (lead singer of Creed) new Christian album. How "uncool" is that?? If i were back in high school, I'd probably be kicked out of the "cool kid's table" for liking ANYTHING related to Creed...

Clem

• Like 1

Robert Plant (Raising Sand)

Weren't those all covers? Well, minus the one Plant/Page song covered.

Album of the year winning covers.

On route with all those other album of the year that were forgotten the following year. :bump:

If I listen to CA as much as Raising Sand 6 years after release, CA will have stood the test of time.

Bob Dylan.

Which album "Tempest"? Yeah that's a good album if you want to go crazy and commit suicide! :crazy:

Time Out of Mind (another album of the year winner)

Love and Theft (even better critical response than TOOM (named second best album of the decade, top 500 album all time, etc.)

Modern Times (Not as good as the other two, but still great and very, very highly regarded by critics)

Really? You're going by what the critics say? If it were up to the critics, RUSH would have never gotten off the ground. :facepalm:

OK, sales don't matter, fan opinions don't matter, and critics' opinions don't matter. I would add your opinion to that list and just say Dylan and Plant have come through big in a similar way as Rush did late in their career.

• Like 1

I think a lot of unnecessary discussion could have been avoided if the OP had been worded like this:

"I would like to know if any of you can name any bands that I like other than RUSH who I think have created an album as good as I think Clockwork Angels is, 40 years into their career. And to make it easier for you, here are the suggestions I will agree with..."

• Like 2

On route with all those other album of the year that were forgotten the following year. :bump:

If I listen to CA as much as Raising Sand 6 years after release, CA will have stood the test of time.

Not to rain on your point, but Raising Sand was not a RP solo album but a colabro album with Alison Krauss.

There's almost no bands out there together 40 years that still make new records, let alone high quality records like CA, which makes this thread rather pointless.

• Like 1

I think a lot of unnecessary discussion could have been avoided if the OP had been worded like this:

"I would like to know if any of you can name any bands that I like other than RUSH who I think have created an album as good as I think Clockwork Angels is, 40 years into their career. And to make it easier for you, here are the suggestions I will agree with..."

HA!

• Like 2

HA!

:LMAO:

And, of course, CA was only 38 years into Rush's career by the OP's metrics.

• Like 1

Not to rain on your point, but Raising Sand was not a RP solo album but a colabro album with Alison Krauss.

There's almost no bands out there together 40 years that still make new records, let alone high quality records like CA, which makes this thread rather pointless.

So the artist needs to be putting out an album after 40 years of existing in the same artistic entity throughout that time? This gets stupider every post.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 1

So the artist needs to be putting out an album after 40 years of existing in the same artistic entity throughout that time? This get stupider every post.

I'm not trying to argue with you, or invalidate Raising Sand. It's just that you were ignoring Alison Krauss in every post.

So the artist needs to be putting out an album after 40 years of existing in the same artistic entity throughout that time? This gets stupider every post.

I'm not trying to argue with you, or invalidate Raising Sand. It's just that you were ignoring Alison Krauss in every post.

I'm not ignoring her, though I somehow suspect that when the two got in a room and their artistic visions differed, Plant may have had the leg up.

I'm not ignoring her, though I somehow suspect that when the two got in a room and their artistic visions differed, Plant may have had the leg up.

Actually, their artistic visions differed on the Raising Sand sequel, resulting in its abandonment.

Actually, their artistic visions differed on the Raising Sand sequel, resulting in its abandonment.

Yeah, Krauss was tired of being told that she had to suck it.

Can we really include solo artists? I don't think so. Donald Fagen(Steely Dan) put out one of the critics favorite records last year(Sunken Condos), but I don't think his first solo record was until 1982 or something. Also have to consider how many lineup changes the original band has gone through. I'm pretty sure Journey has put out some very good releases recently but to me it's almost a new band without Steve Perry and Steve Smith.

13 is killer to my ears. I like it as much as say Sabotage. And I think The Long Road Out Of Eden is a really good album too. Of course almost everyone here hates The Eagles so....................

It was still pretty collaborative. Even without Krauss, Burnett had quite a bit to do with the album also.

Either way, I don't disagree that it's awesome. It's a phenomenal covers record. I just don't think it qualifies in this instance.

• Like 1

Joe Walsh-----Analog Man------Great album :codger:

Joe may not count under L2K's rules............. We might need a booth review........... :eh:

Joe Walsh-----Analog Man------Great album :codger:

Joe may not count under L2K's rules............. We might need a booth review........... :eh:

Rush doesn't qualify under L2K's rules.

• Like 2

Yeah, Krauss was tired of being told that she had to suck it.

Besides demanding that she should have her legs up!