Name one band that has created an album as good as Clockwork Angels 40 years into their career

losingit2k

I would like to know if their are any other bands other than RUSH that's has created an album as good as Clockwork Angels 40 years into their career. The only band that comes to mind is Deep Purple. Their last album " Now What ?!" is pretty close to a master piece as well. That album is nearly perfect. Anyway, there you have I'd like to see how many bands can actually match the brilliance of Clockwork Angels 20 albums in. Be prepare to discuss! :gumby: Please don't mention the Beatles, they didn't make it past 10 years. Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Picture me thinking really hard and the Jeopardy theme music playing........................ :codger:
  • Like 2

Just love your threads dude.......... :notworthy: I still hear the Jeopardy theme song................. :musicnote: :haz:
  • Like 1

I'll name three.

Days of Future Passed - The Moody Blues

Quadrophenia - The Who

Close To The Edge - Yes

Sorry Lorraine, these album were at the beginning of their career not 40 years in. The Only album by yes I would consider fits the premise and is a good album :finbar: would be "Fly from Here"

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

I may make some stupid comments here and there but I am going to recuse and or disqualify myself on this subject. Clockwork Angels may be the only new music I have listened to since about 1985............... Oh and of course the Vapor trails remix............. :codger:
  • Like 1

Neil Young - Psycedelic pill, Miles Davis - Bitches brew... And that' s it.

I haven't heard Bitches Brew but I don't think Neil Young's 2012 endeavor Psycedelic Pill comes even close to Clockwork Angels. Its a good album but not nearly as good as CA. Of course this might be :finbar: only!

Sorry. I just read how the question was worded - "40 years into their career."

Let me ask you where you think Rush got the idea to use an orchestra from if others hadn't blazed that trail long before they were a household name?

Obviously, there are many bands ( The Beatles,The Moody Blues and lately Metallica and Dream Theater)that have done the Orchestra thing prior to RUSH but I can tell you every musician secretly wants to play with an orchestra at sometime in their career. To them its the epitome of music. You play with an orchestra you are worthy as a musician. Even thought many still haven't gone that route for other reasons. Mostly Backlash from the fans. Which is the reason I think RUSH took so long to do it.

I may make some stupid comments here and there but I am going to recuse and or disqualify myself on this subject. Clockwork Angels may be the only new music I have listened to since about 1985............... Oh and of course the Vapor trails remix............. :codger:

You should pick up Deep Purple's "Now What ?!" its an incredible album. :notworthy:

Sorry. I just read how the question was worded - "40 years into their career."

Let me ask you where you think Rush got the idea to use an orchestra from if others hadn't blazed that trail long before they were a household name?

Obviously, there are many bands ( The Beatles,The Moody Blues and lately Metallica and Dream Theater)that have done the Orchestra thing prior to RUSH but I can tell you every musician secretly wants to play with an orchestra at sometime in their career. To them its the epitome of music. You play with an orchestra you are worthy as a musician. Even thought many still haven't gone that route for other reasons. Mostly Backlash from the fans. Which is the reason I think RUSH took so long to do it.

Thank you for telling me that.

Miles Davis- Bitches Brew

Black Sabbath- 13 (I'm not a fan...but people raved about it like it was still 1970)

Bruce Springsteen- Wrecking Ball

• Like 2

Neil Young - Psycedelic pill, Miles Davis - Bitches brew... And that' s it.

I haven't heard Bitches Brew but I don't think Neil Young's 2012 endeavor Psycedelic Pill comes even close to Clockwork Angels. Its a good album but not nearly as good as CA. Of course this might be :finbar: only!

I love it, his best album since Sleeps with angels imo.

• Like 1

Yeah...but for some reason its this massive deal in the UK.

Just got back! Anyone solve this conundrum yet?............... I did read that Black Sabbath's newest is a pile of steaming dog poo, placed in a paper bag that was lit on fire on someone's front porch! :codger: :outtahere:
  • Like 2

My wife is watching Dancing With The Stars and Cher is on there. My wife has informed me she has a new album out. I can't and won't speak to the quality of it, but does she count?......................... :codger:
  • Like 1

My wife is watching Dancing With The Stars and Cher is on there. My wife has informed me she has a new album out. I can't and won't speak to the quality of it, but does she count?......................... :codger:

Depends on weather or not you believe in life after love.

• Like 2

Don't be too cocky...Madonna made it through the wilderness.

And she owes it all to you.

• Like 1