20 - Best Song From Clockwork Angels

Entre_Perpetuo

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

The Anarchist. Awesome bass work and lyrics. Caravan a close second. Kinda disappointed The Garden won tbh, I was never a fan of that song.

I voted for Carnies but I knew the Garden would win. It is such a fitting closing song to the album and that it happened to be their final song on the final album. It also mirrors Neil's wish to retire and have a "garden" to tend and be with his wife and daughter. I still haven't read Candide (the inspiration for the song) but perhaps I will this year.

The Anarchist. Awesome bass work and lyrics. Caravan a close second. Kinda disappointed The Garden won tbh, I was never a fan of that song.

I voted for Carnies but I knew the Garden would win. It is such a fitting closing song to the album and that it happened to be their final song on the final album. It also mirrors Neil's wish to retire and have a "garden" to tend and be with his wife and daughter. I still haven't read Candide (the inspiration for the song) but perhaps I will this year.

I still feel heartbroken that Neil didn't get to spend his retirement with his family and tend his "garden" as you said. I miss this band so much.

• Like 1

After many many listens, I think "The Wreckers" is my favorite. So melodic, dramatic, and an awesome chorus.

It still's awesome and amazing how good this album really is!

Personally, I think it kicks into gear from track 3 or maybe 4 onwards (depending on my mood for the title track) until track 9, pauses for breath on the next 2 and then you get the Garden.

The Wreckers is definitely up there for me in that middle set of tracks. Wreckers does indeed have a great chorus. I tend towards Headlong flight amongst all these due to the riffing and tempo change but I think there's not much in it. I think the Wreckers is/would be a good open mic tune.

Caravan, BU2B and Wish you Well are ok too but don't shine for me like the others.

Edited by Malignant Narcissist