20 - Best Song From Clockwork Angels

Entre_Perpetuo

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

Really surprised this thread doesn't exist yet.

What do you think is the best song from this album?

For me, probably Headlong Flight, but Clockwork Angels and Seven Cities of Gold are close seconds.

• Like 3

I love every song on this album, so picking out a definitive highlight actually seems impossible. So I went for Wish Them Well because I think it is underrated and the chorus stands out as one of my favourites. I bought this album the day of the fan pack release half expecting to be disappointed (remember, I am a new fan...I expected a band this old to be jamming out moth balls). Before it had even finished I knew it was my album of the year! (And by December it still was, despite releases by bands I love more like Lacuna Coil and Khoma, who both released classic albums).

How do I feel about it today? Its grown a little old, but only because so much of their early work has grown on me more and more! Still, it Clockwork Angels had been released the year after Hemispheres, I don't think anybody would have been that surprised.

So glad to see this finally has a thread of its own!

• Like 2

I will be majorly in the minority on this one but I chose Halo Effect. In my humble opinion there are 5 songs on this album that hold up to all of the Rush music I love. These are songs for me that will stand the test of time...........

Caravan

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Halo Effect

The Garden

The rest to me are just alright and listenable, but nothing special....... :codger:

• Like 3

Surprised to see you not mention the title track in that list Narpet!

I think my top five is:

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Garden

Wish Them Well

Only track I don't rate highly is BU2B2 (but only coz it doesn't stand alone. As part of the album its amazing!)

But I think its their most consistent album since Grace Under Pressure (bear in mind I have yet to hear everything post- PoW prior to Snakes and Arrows).

Woopsies!

Doubledy postagey!

Edited by Segue Myles

If I can't choose which one I always go for the most underrated of my favourites!
  • Like 1

Title track, with Headlong Flight, The Garden, and Caravan all very close behind. Even 2.5 years later, it's still my third favorite album, ever.

So many great songs here in Rush's Renaissance album it's hard to pick just one but I have to go with The Anarchist, slightly edging out Headlong Flight.

Both songs and many others are good enough to be placed in the middle of the Golden Age and not look out of place.

Ladies and gentlemen, the original Clockwork Angels poll has finally been placed with the rest of the album polls in full glory. Let's celebrate with more posts about our favorite songs from this great album. And, just for the occasion (and a long time thinking) I'm changing my vote from Headlong Flight to Clockwork Angels. Hooray!

Most of the songs suck on this album but there are a few highlights, like a Headlong Flight, Caravan and Halo Effect. It's just a shame that the album suffers from the Vapor Trails syndrome.

Ok, I love this album so much it is hard to pick a best one. Caravan, Headlong Flight, Clockwork Angels, Anarchist are killer. But the one that gets me rev'd up is Carnies. Can't explain why but it is cool, loved the stage show with it and the fire at the end! :rush: :haz:
  • Like 4

General question to whoever has the ability/authority to do this:

Since there are like two other best song from Clockwork Angels threads with polls made by other members thinking it hadn't been made yet after this one, is there any way someone could pull together all of the poll results and possibly combine the threads to keep things organized around here?

General question to whoever has the ability/authority to do this:

Since there are like two other best song from Clockwork Angels threads with polls made by other members thinking it hadn't been made yet after this one, is there any way someone could pull together all of the poll results and possibly combine the threads to keep things organized around here?

Gonna ask again.

Can someone combine the various "Best Song on Clockwork Angels" threads/polls into one since like three of them exist altogether?

I love Carnies, The Anarchist, and Headlong Flight. They are all my #1 Clockwork Angels songs. There is no song on the album I do not like.
  • Like 1

I went with The Wreckers because the hook is just so outstandingly great. I could have picked just about anything on the record though. Three years have passed and I still can't get over how great it is.