Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Luck has a voice like one of those women body builders who has swigged down too many hormones...

No, no, no....you have it backwards. Those roid-swigging women bodybuilders have voices like Luck's..... ;)

Andrew Luck is da MAN. :haz:

• Like 1

Bill Parcells was an NBC analyst when the Oilers melted down against Frank Reich and the Bills. He was asked about how he would have done things differently. His answer, in substance, was that you don't give your opponent enough time to pull something like that off. At the time I immediately thought of the Giants' 9 minute drive against the Bills in the Super Bowl. I like Andy Reid, but he's a horrible clock manager. You come out of the 2 minute warning and call time out? What the hell were you talking about during the 2 minute warning?
  • Like 2

Well, that was excruciating.

Several factors aligned to make this comeback possible.

*The cascade of injuries to the Chiefs made it impossible to keep momentum on their side.

*From the bye week on, the once solid KC secondary started playing horribly, giving too much space to receivers. (How many downfield catches did Hilton make without a Chief within five yards of him? I lost count.) Once Brandon Flowers, their only superior DB went down to injury, it was open season for the passing game.

*Luck had quite a bit of, well, Luck, when that fumbled ball ended up at his feet, enabling him to reach across the goal line for the score. Had the ball bounced in any other direction, the drive would most likely have stalled. I give him a lot of credit for having the presence-of-mind to keep his head in the play once he handed off the ball. A lot of QBs would have blown that opportunity.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is the first year of a rebuilding process for the club. With some personnel adjustments to the defense, this could be a very formidable team.

• Like 1

Luck has a voice like one of those women body builders who has swigged down too many hormones...

No, no, no....you have it backwards. Those roid-swigging women bodybuilders have voices like Luck's..... ;)

Andrew Luck is da MAN. :haz:

Last night a friend said he sounded like Andre the Giant.

*Luck had quite a bit of, well, Luck, when that fumbled ball ended up at his feet, enabling him to reach across the goal line for the score. Had the ball bounced in any other direction, the drive would most likely have stalled.

Finger of God. Crazy career this kid will have...storybook. Last name "Luck", playing with a horseshoe on his helmet. If yesterday were a movie we'd have all been rolling our eyes.
  • Like 1

*Luck had quite a bit of, well, Luck, when that fumbled ball ended up at his feet, enabling him to reach across the goal line for the score. Had the ball bounced in any other direction, the drive would most likely have stalled.

Finger of God. Crazy career this kid will have...storybook. Last name "Luck", playing with a horseshoe on his helmet. If yesterday were a movie we'd have all been rolling our eyes.

Good point. Who'd believe a team QBed by Alex Smith could ever put up 44 points in the post season. ;)

• Like 1

Good point. Who'd believe a team QBed by Alex Smith could ever put up 44 points in the post season. ;)

:D
  • Like 1

Weee're baaaaack!

http://elevatorstrategy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/keep-calm-and-jump-on-the-bandwagon-2.png

I think you'll find that win looking a lot less impressive as the year rolls on.

While only 2-2 so far, the Chiefs are on a two game winning streak and looking good so far against Kap and the Niners. Edited by goose

It's looking like both WCs might be coming from the AFC West.

Poor Chiefs are gonna have to finish strong. With the 7th toughest schedule, that could be a tall order. 9-7...maybe.

Toughest schedule in the NFL? The Raiders. :laughing guy:

It appears I might be the only legitimate Chiefs fan on the board (I grew up in St. Louis when the football Cardinals were still there, but for some reason - I don't even know, I started rooting for the Chiefs in something like 1st grade). I am a long suffering fan. You know how long? I miss Steve DeBerg.

Alas, my Chiefs are going to mire in mediocrity again this year. They have a stout group of players in key positions, but just don't have enough role players to make it work. Reid is a legit regular season coach, but he reminds me a bit of Schottenheimer... this is not a good thing.

KC will be lucky to go 8-8 with the schedule they have (and that includes 2 wins over the lowly Raiders).

• Like 2

It appears I might be the only legitimate Chiefs fan on the board (I grew up in St. Louis when the football Cardinals were still there, but for some reason - I don't even know, I started rooting for the Chiefs in something like 1st grade). I am a long suffering fan. You know how long? I miss Steve DeBerg.

Alas, my Chiefs are going to mire in mediocrity again this year. They have a stout group of players in key positions, but just don't have enough role players to make it work. Reid is a legit regular season coach, but he reminds me a bit of Schottenheimer... this is not a good thing.

KC will be lucky to go 8-8 with the schedule they have (and that includes 2 wins over the lowly Raiders).

If I may ask, what is the KC media and fan base's opinion about Dwayne Bowe? He seemed to be on the fast track to superstardom, then he fell out of favor really HARD.....

If I may ask, what is the KC media and fan base's opinion about Dwayne Bowe? He seemed to be on the fast track to superstardom, then he fell out of favor really HARD.....

Okay.... time for the painful truth. I grew up in Missouri and I know middle class Missouri well. Dwayne Bowe makes middle class Missouri uncomfortable.

Yes, when he came out of LSU and made an immediate impact as a rookie, people loved him. The fact that he held out for a week before signing was something folks took note of, but they gave him a pass at that time. As he kept moving along as an impact player, people liked him... but then he got hit with a suspension for violating the league's policy (a diuretic, I think?) and had a few rough patches... so things started to turn. After his speeding and marijuana thing last year, fans seem to be distancing themselves from him.

In the bigger picture, he is little more than another troubled NFL athlete that the league does very little to do anything about. Hell, even with the hold out and a few issues prior to the marijuana thing, the Chiefs rewarded him with a 5 year extension. That's part of the problem. Anyway, in Kansas City, that makes the average fan uncomfortable.

The truth of the matter, though, is if Bowe can get his head on straight he can still be a serious impact player in the league.

• Like 1

The mighty Chiefs, after a slow start to the season, destroy the Bolts of San Diego. Prediction? They run the table from here on out through the Super Bowl.

You read it here first!!!!

http://www.ericbhorn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/bandwagon.jpg

• Like 1