Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Considering Burrow's performance, and his long-term value, keeping him in for extra short yardage plays with under a minute to go seems all the dumber. Twice in that span he came away limping.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/9073164002

"...fans worried about Burrow's knee as he limped off the field with less than a minute left in the 34-31 win, and backup QB Brandon Allen took the Bengals' final snaps to set up Evan McPherson's game-winning field goal.

CBS' Tracy Wolfson asked Burrow during a post-game interview how he was feeling.

"Good enough," Burrow told Wolfson."

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Were several of those DPI calls super-dodgy, or is that just my rose-colored glasses? The Chiefs' DBs were a liability.

Should the Chiefs have let them score at the end to get the ball back?

No on that last question, imo. Penalty calls bailed Cincy out.

What was dodgy was the amount of pushing allowed by wide Receivers. Good coverage doesn't matter when the receiver can push off to create a gap.

Regardless, Bengals defense stepped up in the second half. Cheers to them.

Were several of those DPI calls super-dodgy, or is that just my rose-colored glasses?

If this is a reference to one of the Sneed calls, I would like to remind those who may forget about Travis Kelce getting the ball knocked out of his hands against Denver a few weeks ago and having that called an incomplete pass when it should have been a fumble.

Some days you are the dog, and some days you are the fire hydrant.

(Yes, I think officiating has tanked in the last decade or so. I also think that your offense showing up for one half a majority of the time can also be problematic.)

• Like 1

Wondering if being given a short week will have any impact today. Edwards-Helaire will still be out, I believe.

Let's go out and put some pressure on Tennessee to produce tomorrow.

• Like 1

Blueprint for a win:

Opening 8-min drive for a TD; Defensive stop on opposition's first series forcing a punt

Blueprint for a loss:

On said punt, needless commit 15yd roughing penalty, resulting in first down and eventual TD, letting opposition believe they can win

• Like 1

Today's first half failure is the offensive line.

Don't let's ignore the poor tackling.

When you can't/won't tackle, taking the ball 90yds for a TD is a nice ace in the hole
  • Like 1