Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

10 hours ago, goose said:

It's always nice to get out of Denver with a win, and getting up 27-0 was a great way to go about it! :cheer:

Now, about this habit of letting  the foot off the gas...

:wagfinger:

stressful!

If you're the Chiefs, leading the sorry Broncos by 27, you should win that game something like 45-17. I don't know if the play-calling changes tone, or if there's a mental let-off by the players, but Mahomes throwing two interceptions at the end of the half suggests everyone's laser focus has gone fuzzy. Headspace is a bitch to fix, but they gotta make that happen; a better team would have made them pay for letting the opponent up off the mat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

stressful!

If you're the Chiefs, leading the sorry Broncos by 27, you should win that game something like 45-17. I don't know if the play-calling changes tone, or if there's a mental let-off by the players, but Mahomes throwing two interceptions at the end of the half suggests everyone's laser focus has gone fuzzy. Headspace is a bitch to fix, but they gotta make that happen; a better team would have made them pay for letting the opponent up off the mat.

I think it's the nature of who these Chiefs are, starting with Andy.  It's the curse of being fundamentally decent human beings in a violent sport.

I had Denver to cover. :tongue:

• Haha 1

Chris Jones led a much-maligned Chiefs defense in  a dominating performance over the Bengals line.   Mahomes, playing on a weak ankle and missing some key offensive players, was brilliant at critical moments. And Butker, who had his share of hiccups during the regular season,  showed he's still clutch when it really counts.

Here's to a third Super Bowl in five years! :7up:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose said:

Chris Jones led a much-maligned Chiefs defense in  a dominating performance over the Bengals line.   Mahomes, playing on a weak ankle and missing some key offensive players, was brilliant at critical moments. And Butker, who had his share of hiccups during the regular season,  showed he's still clutch when it really counts.

Here's to a third Super Bowl in five years! :7up:

[Spoken in ominous Party Official voice]: History will record you were rooting for the Bengals!  :wagfinger:

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:22 AM, Nova Carmina said:

[Spoken in ominous Party Official voice]: History will record you were rooting for the Bengals!  :wagfinger:

Guilty as charged. 

How to beat the Eagles:

Win the ground game.  Check.

Protect your QB and prevent the sack.  Check.

Win yards per play. Check.

Adjust offense at the half and use a variety of players to pick apart the defense.  Check.

Dominate special teams play.  Check.

Well done, KC!  :7up:

• Like 1

Just now, Nova Carmina said:

Why would Bieniemy leave the Chiefs to take (basically) the same job with the Commanders? That's a shock.

I think it was with Reid's blessing because teams were discounting his success with KC by attributing it to Reid.  If he has success with Sam Howell, there will be no more excuses for teams not to hire him.

1 minute ago, laughedatbytime said:

I think it was with Reid's blessing because teams were discounting his success with KC by attributing it to Reid.  If he has success with Sam Howell, there will be no more excuses for teams not to hire him.

Maybe he wants to call the plays, I guess. It seems kind of a high-risk, high-reward deal, 'cause if he flames out, he's going to have start over.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe he wants to call the plays, I guess. It seems kind of a high-risk, high-reward deal, 'cause if he flames out, he's going to have start over.

Very high risk, but if anything it seems he's farther away from an HC job than he was a couple of years ago, so maybe he felt he had no choice but to do this if that was the end goal.

From Rodger Sherman @ The Ringer

"Imagine watching the Chiefs score two walk-in touchdowns against the Eagles and thinking, Man, I’ve got to hire the guy who didn’t adjust that defense, and not, Man, I’ve got to hire the guy who schemed up that offense, but that’s what the Cardinals just did when they picked Jonathan Gannon."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

From Rodger Sherman @ The Ringer

"Imagine watching the Chiefs score two walk-in touchdowns against the Eagles and thinking, Man, I’ve got to hire the guy who didn’t adjust that defense, and not, Man, I’ve got to hire the guy who schemed up that offense, but that’s what the Cardinals just did when they picked Jonathan Gannon."

Thanx or the jinx.  Bienamy is headed to Washington!

Not surprised by this outcome, knowing how Detroit played the second half of last year and how KC phones it in the first six games or so.

Hope the Lions make the Super Bowl.  A rematch would be fun.  :tongue:

• Like 1

KC seems intent on showing they can sleepwalk to the playoffs.  Another less-than-perfect team performance, but this week they get out with a win.  Props to the KC rezone defense!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, goose said:

KC seems intent on showing they can sleepwalk to the playoffs.  Another less-than-perfect team performance, but this week they get out with a win.  Props to the KC rezone defense!

Defense by committee FTW!  Just call it the red tape defense, though, it's a far better name than the "rezone" defense.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Defense by committee FTW!  Just call it the red tape defense, though, it's a far better name than the "rezone" defense.

Curse my big dumb fat thumbs!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

A rezone defense usually means you have to pay kickbacks to the commission to allow it.  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1