Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

It will be interesting to see what the Chiefs do with the pucks they get from the Hill trade. My guess is time will show it to be a smart , albeit unpopular, trade.

1 hour ago, goose said:

Well that was a nice start!  :7up:

Locally we were subjected to the Raiders-Chargers coverage, so I look forward to watching the highlights.

I feel your pain. Almost all of Pennsylvania got the Steelers on CBS early game, but we are close to the Maryland border so our county got the Ravens. Last minute win for the Steelers too.

• Like 2

At first, it had the look of one of last season's games wherein they roar out to a 21-point lead and spend the rest of the game slowly losing it while only scoring three more points, but this time they never really let up, the Cardinals couldn't get anything going, and the final score didn't really reflect how in control the Chiefs were.

Good start for Mahomes and Co. We'll see what happens when they get the AFC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

I feel your pain. Almost all of Pennsylvania got the Steelers on CBS early game, but we are close to the Maryland border so our county got the Ravens. Last minute win for the Steelers too.

That game I did get to see!  Sorry you missed it.

• Like 1

Edwards-Helaire and Pacheco punch the gaps and establish the ground game, and Mahomes has better location with his passes leading to fewer drops.  Couple this with taking advantage of TB mistakes and the result is a convincing win.  Nice one!

• Like 1

Dodged a bullet yesterday.  The Raiders dominated both sides of the football over the first half, and it took a horrible call by an official to fire up a Chiefs comeback.  Props to the Raider defense and their running game, but thank the Maker for blessing KC with the great Travis Kelce to save the day.

• Like 1

That was almost a test of who could be worse -- at least the comedy of errors toward the end. Maybe the Chiefs got it out of their system ahead of the Buffalo showdown.  Apparently Mahomes offered some home truths to his O-line, and they responded. Good leadership.

• Like 1

Lots to feel good about this week..  Props to the Chiefs defense for putting pressure on Garappolo and doing a better job all around in tackling.  Mahomes & Co shredded the SF defense, hanging 400+ and 44pts on the Niners

2 hours ago, goose said:

Lots to feel good about this week..  Props to the Chiefs defense for putting pressure on Garappolo and doing a better job all around in tackling.  Mahomes & Co shredded the SF defense, hanging 400+ and 44pts on the Niners

It looked a little shaky at the start, but it was a laugher by the end. Good work. It was nice to see the Chiefs keep the hammer down for the whole contest.

• Like 1

Sloppy game today.  SD put a lot of pressure on our offense, and we didn't handle it too well.  Defensively we gave up too many big plays.

ETA:  Thank goodness for Travis Kelce!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, goose said:

Sloppy game today.  SD put a lot of pressure on our offense, and we didn't handle it too well.  Defensively we gave up too many big plays.

ETA:  Thank goodness for Travis Kelce!

Yes, thank goodness for Kelce; the man's a machine. I remember when he seemed too immature to really be a good pro player -- how long ago that seems now!

I thought you'd have edited for the "SD"!  (Me too, friend, me too)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yes, thank goodness for Kelce; the man's a machine. I remember when he seemed too immature to really be a good pro player -- how long ago that seems now!

I thought you'd have edited for the "SD"!  (Me too, friend, me too)

They play in LA, but they ain't the Rams, lol.

• Like 1

Respect to the Rams offense for keeping Mahomes off the field, and to the defense for exceptional red zone play.  With all their injuries, LA had a decent game.   

On the KC side of things, some outstanding catches made by receivers, and Pacheco & Co had good day rushing.  Mahomes' interceptions were pretty bad mistakes.  Glad he got those out of the way this week!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Apparently, the Bengals are Chiefs kryptonite. Andy Reid: figure it out, man!

The teams match up really well, as the game stats show.    About equal in total yards and rushing vs passing.  We had one turnover, they had none.  We missed a field goal, they didn't.  

:confused:

Hopefully we'll take care of them in the playoffs.  :blast:

• Like 2

It's always nice to get out of Denver with a win, and getting up 27-0 was a great way to go about it! :cheer:

Now, about this habit of letting  the foot off the gas...

:wagfinger:

• Like 1