Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

That was the most amazing PO game in recent memory. It's a damn shame the Bills have to go home. I want to watch them some more!

Agreed. They deserve to keep playing, and I'd have been just as happy if they'd won.
  • Like 2

That was the most amazing PO game in recent memory. It's a damn shame the Bills have to go home. I want to watch them some more!

Agreed. They deserve to keep playing, and I'd have been just as happy if they'd won.

tumblr_p0fpf8qpkF1wzypxlo1_500.gif

;) ;)

• Like 1

;) ;)

Off to the mine with you, donkey boy. LOL

;) ;)

Off to the mine with you, donkey boy. LOL

:lol:
  • Like 1

Wow, just, wow. What massive skill on one side of the ball, and what massive . . . something, maybe not incompetence exactly, on the other side. Maybe they were all just exhausted.

I'm relieved for Butker, who now doesn't have to go into the witness protection program.

Counterfactual Time:

Tyreek Hill catches the ball at midfield, races past the defenders, and stops at the one yard line. KC uses all the clock on the next two plays before Kelce runs it into the end zone; Chiefs win in regulation. Or, KC uses all the clock, fails to score a TD, and kicks a chip shot FG for overtime, and we wind up exactly where we did anyway.

Should Hill have tried not to score? Or is not scoring, when scoring is the reason for an offense to be, just existentially stupid?

Wow, just, wow. What massive skill on one side of the ball, and what massive . . . something, maybe not incompetence exactly, on the other side. Maybe they were all just exhausted.

I'm relieved for Butker, who now doesn't have to go into the witness protection program.

Counterfactual Time:

Tyreek Hill catches the ball at midfield, races past the defenders, and stops at the one yard line. KC uses all the clock on the next two plays before Kelce runs it into the end zone; Chiefs win in regulation. Or, KC uses all the clock, fails to score a TD, and kicks a chip shot FG for overtime, and we wind up exactly where we did anyway.

Should Hill have tried not to score? Or is not scoring, when scoring is the reason for an offense to be, just existentially stupid?

Yeah, you take the score. A minute is a lot of time, if the other side executes. Apparently so is 13 seconds. My feeling is that if your defense can't get a stop in those circumstances, so be it. But don't lose the game by over-thinking it.

Congrats Cincy! Burrow played an ace game, and the Bengals defense really got to Mahomes. Lots to critique for the offensive play in the second half, from coaching decisions to execution.

• Like 1

And while it doesn't change a lot of historical examples, having to gain enough yardage to get a game-tying FG and having all three timeouts was pretty good game management by Andy Reid. Just sayin'.

So this argument has not aged well . . .

Matt Verderame is a national NFL reporter who had the following to say about the Reid-Bieniemy coaching duo:

"Mahomes will rightfully wear this, but the Reid-Bieniemy combo has been a disaster for years with this nonsense. Run. The. Ball. Kansas City was opening huge holes and went away from it because ... who knows why."

I don't agree with the "disaster" hyperbole, but I think he's dead on regarding Bieniemy's abandoning the run. In the second half,, instead of setting up a 3rd and short scenario, repeatedly they passed on 2nd down a set up 3rd and long (6+ yards). It was a mistake. In fact, I didn't like their 3rd touchdown, which was scored too quickly, I thought. They had been grinding and giving their defense important rest, and went away from that for some reason.

• Like 2

Matt Verderame is a national NFL reporter who had the following to say about the Reid-Bieniemy coaching duo:

"Mahomes will rightfully wear this, but the Reid-Bieniemy combo has been a disaster for years with this nonsense. Run. The. Ball. Kansas City was opening huge holes and went away from it because ... who knows why."

I don't agree with the "disaster" hyperbole, but I think he's dead on regarding Bieniemy's abandoning the run. In the second half,, instead of setting up a 3rd and short scenario, repeatedly they passed on 2nd down a set up 3rd and long (6+ yards). It was a mistake. In fact, I didn't like their 3rd touchdown, which was scored too quickly, I thought. They had been grinding and giving their defense important rest, and went away from that for some reason.

Sideways cynical glance form the guy in Philly.

lol

• Like 2

H/T to The Ringer:

But in the second half, Mahomes never snapped back into his superhuman form. Surprisingly, he faded away. On 22 second-half and overtime dropbacks, Mahomes produced 16 net passing yards. After earning a 98.0 first-half QBR, he earned a 1.4 grade in the span after—the sixth-worst second half and OT QBR performance by any passer this season. In terms of EPA per drive, the Chiefs had their worst second-half output ever in 74 games with Mahomes under center. Mahomes went from producing 15.8 first-half EPA to minus-18.7 in the second half and overtime. That minus-34.6 differential is the largest dropoff for a quarterback in the playoffs since 1999.

First, credit the Bengals, who adjusted their scheme in the second half to employ more three-man rushes, dropping eight men in coverage on a season-high 35 percent of Kansas City’s pass plays.

As the man said: "Run.The.Ball."

• Like 1

Packer fans are used to this scenario. Rather than move the chains, rather than keep a balanced run/pass offense, we see a huge increase in throwing deep.

15-20 yard patterns instead of 5-10-15 yard patterns. Fewer run plays. Frustrating as all Hell....

• Like 1

Packer fans are used to this scenario. Rather than move the chains, rather than keep a balanced run/pass offense, we see a huge increase in throwing deep.

15-20 yard patterns instead of 5-10-15 yard patterns. Fewer run plays. Frustrating as all Hell....

Bizarre, really. It's like they get bored with success.
  • Like 2

(*cough*)

At least you didnt perfect this bad approach like we did lol.

(*cough*)

At least you didnt perfect this bad approach like we did lol.

• Like 1

H/T to The Ringer:

But in the second half, Mahomes never snapped back into his superhuman form. Surprisingly, he faded away. On 22 second-half and overtime dropbacks, Mahomes produced 16 net passing yards. After earning a 98.0 first-half QBR, he earned a 1.4 grade in the span after—the sixth-worst second half and OT QBR performance by any passer this season. In terms of EPA per drive, the Chiefs had their worst second-half output ever in 74 games with Mahomes under center. Mahomes went from producing 15.8 first-half EPA to minus-18.7 in the second half and overtime. That minus-34.6 differential is the largest dropoff for a quarterback in the playoffs since 1999.

First, credit the Bengals, who adjusted their scheme in the second half to employ more three-man rushes, dropping eight men in coverage on a season-high 35 percent of Kansas City’s pass plays.

As the man said: "Run.The.Ball."

This may be indicative of Tampa Bay showing everyone how to beat the Chiefs. I have a suspicion they were figured out.

It is truly impressive that a team so one-dimensional and showing up for one half of football most of the time made it as far as they did.