Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Man, was that embarrassing. Worst short yardage/red zone defense I've seen in a long time.

The way you started that post I thought you were talking about that Applebee's commercial.

• Like 2

Gonna be a long year if we don't learn to hand onto the ball. More like a short year, actually.

I continue to have faith in Mahomes and Co. They'll get it right.

Does "& Co" include the defense? 8 of 9 of opponents' Red Zone opportunities have been successful. Eesh.
  • Like 1

Gonna be a long year if we don't learn to hand onto the ball. More like a short year, actually.

Does "& Co" include the defense? 8 of 9 of opponents' Red Zone opportunities have been successful. Eesh.

Yeah, it had better. This is like the bad old days of 2019 or so, but I thought the D was supposed to be an upgrade this year? Maybe instead of hard-case drug burnouts, the Chiefs ought to be adding some defensive help.

They will only if the D figures it out, he stops trying to force big plays to happen, and the other AFC West teams crash and burn.

They could be 8-9 bad if luck does not shine on them.

They will only if the D figures it out, he stops trying to force big plays to happen, and the other AFC West teams crash and burn.

They could be 8-9 bad if luck does not shine on them.

Given your history, I'm just surprised you don't think they're going to go 2-15.

• Like 1

Yeah, it had better. This is like the bad old days of 2019 or so, but I thought the D was supposed to be an upgrade this year? Maybe instead of hard-case drug burnouts, the Chiefs ought to be adding some defensive help.

Well, what did they give up today...six scores? Luckily, three of them were field goals, which the offense managed to counter with TDs. First convincing win since about this time last year, and it ain't all that convincing.
  • Like 2

Well, what did they give up today...six scores? Luckily, three of them were field goals, which the offense managed to counter with TDs. First convincing win since about this time last year, and it ain't all that convincing.

The was a defenseless game as far as Im concerned. Hahahaaa.

• Like 1

The was a defenseless game as far as Im concerned. Hahahaaa.

What?!? KC plays smashmouth D!

L_Jarius-Sneed-Chiefs.gif

• Like 1

More like "punch themselves in the mouth" D, but they did the job. Gonna be some basketball scores in Chiefs games this year.

Better be, if they hope to make the playoffs.
  • Like 1

More like "punch themselves in the mouth" D, but they did the job. Gonna be some basketball scores in Chiefs games this year.

KC - soft defense

Eagles - hold my beer

:lol:
  • Like 1

KC - soft defense

Eagles - hold my beer

:lol:

There was one KC td where I narrated the safety's thought bubble, "By gosh who is that way over there streaking up the field unguarded!"

Just the Chiefs?

The league has been headed that way for a while now.

• Like 1

Just the Chiefs?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/09/sports/nfl-scoring.html

Four reasons why.

Just the Chiefs?

https://www.nytimes....fl-scoring.html

Four reasons why.

Firewall issues...

• Like 1

At the end of last night's broadcast, the announcer asked who would have thought that the Bills would come to KC and do this? Was anyone here surprised at the outcome? I wasn't.

Buffalo is a strong team on the upswing on both sides of the ball, while KC is clearly on the downswing. Mahomes doesn't have the mobility he used to, and defenses have studied and learned how to slow down the KC air game. The Bills putting up a lot of points while forcing turnovers and keeping the Chiefs out of the end zone is no great surprise. That's why I took the Bills on my football pool card.

So, can the Chiefs finish as .500 team? They are 2-3 right now, but should get the next three, as they face Washington and Tennessee on the road and then come home to take on the Giants. That gets them to 5-3. They'll lose to Green Bay, and the Cowboys, but may beat the Raiders in between. That would set them at 6-5. After a week 12 bye they take on the Broncos in KC. I think the Broncos have been exposed at this point, and Chiefs will get the win to move to 7-5. Next they host the Raiders. I gave KC the first game, so I'll give Vegas this one to drop the Chiefs to 7-6. I think they lose at LA Chargers and the Bengals, but find a way to beat the Steelers between those games. That's 8-8. They close the season by completing the sweep of the Broncos in Denver to finish at 9-8.

Are the current Chiefs the 2012-2015 Seahawks? One SB win, one SB loss (both to Brady no less) and a roster that was young and promising that will slowly erode but will still be playoff caliber because of having a HOF level QB? Edited by driventotheedge

Are the current Chiefs the 2012-2015 Seahawks? One SB win, one SB loss (both to Brady no less) and a roster that was young and promising that will slowly erode but will still be playoff caliber because of having a HOF level QB?

Nightmare fuel.